Thursday 22 September 2022

My Favorite Things . . .

 

 


A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitter pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥    I'm pretty sure however, that these things mainly make my own heart sing.  

 

 


Ahhh  . . .  Autumn  . . .  my favorite season of the year.  I welcome it with all of my heart.  I love it all.  The shortening days giving me cozy nights to snuggle on the sofa with my fur babies. I can light a candle and truly appreciate its light and warmth. Crisp dry days, cooler nights just right for sleeping. Changing colors. The sights, the smells the sounds. I love it all!


 

Hooray for Pumpkins!  I'm going to grab my sister one of these days soon and go up to Pierce's to buy a few to decorate my porch!


 

Jack-O-Lanterns!  Dare I carve one or two this year?  I don't know if the cats will let me without wanting to get involved.  We shall see!


 

Hot chocolate!  I can drink one and really enjoy it now without it being too hot. 


 

Autumn color  . . . each day everything becomes more vibrant. Oh how I love the colors. Now would be a beautiful time of year to live in New Hampshire or Vermont and be able to watch those mountains become alive with color!


 

 Autumn woolies  . . .  bring it on!

 

The smell of woodsmoke and burning leaves in the air  . . .  I love it! In the UK you would start to smell the coal fires. It had a lovely distinct smell that I loved very much. 


 

All of this combined  . . .  I have my favorite scents that I like to burn with the seasons. Right now it is anything spicy and warm smelling. I got a new candle the other day. 


 

Apple Cider spiced donuts  . . . 


 


Pumpkin spice and everything nice  . . . 


 

Pumpkin pie  . . .  pumpkin anything  . . .  muffins, cakes, loaves  . . . 


 


I just love the autumn!  And now I don't have to feel guilty about embracing it because its officially here! 


 


It really is!  I am dropping my car off this morning to have it undercoated for the Winter.  I didn't have it done last year but I am this year. I want to keep my car going as long as possible, so I need to take very good care of it.  I am also going to have them clean it inside and out.  Dan had done it for me before, but he is working full time now and I don't want to put another job on him. He has enough to keep up with in taking care of their car, their yard, etc.  They do enough for me.

We are expecting that hurricane this weekend so I think today I will spend some time making sure everything that is capable of being blown around is secured. I got in a case of water bottles yesterday. When I get my car back, I will go and get fresh milk and bread, etc. something to eat just in case we lose the power, maybe a tin or two of soup I like. You can heat soup in a saucepan very easily on top of an inverted flowerpot set over a tea light. But I really hope that we don't lose our power to be honest, as cozy as the thought of heating up soup over a fire sounds.

And with that I will leave you with a thought for the day as I need to do a few things before I drop my car off . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚•˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*The way to get started is to
quit talking and get doing.
~Walt Disney  •。★★ 。* 。






In The English Kitchen today another one of my favorite things  . . . an Air Fryer Reuben Sandwich. This was delicious! I love the way the air fryer crisps up the bread! No soggy tops or bottoms here!


I hope that you have a wonderful day, filled with lots of your favorite things!  Along the way don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       

8 comments:

  1. Good morning, Marie. I love Autumn, too. It's gotten quite cool overnight. Love it. Enjoy the 1st day of Autumn. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its been chilly here as well Elaine! I love LOVE it! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. I love Autumn colours too, and I'm also a fan of hot chocolate and my fave is from Murchies in BC. Hoping the storm doesn't cause a lot of problems in your area, but certainly best to be prepared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to check out that brand of hot chocolate Linda! Thank you! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Happy Fall !🍁🍂🍁🍂. xo, V.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!