Thursday 8 September 2022

My Favorite things . . .

 

A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitter pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥    I'm pretty sure however, that these things mainly make my own heart sing.   


 


Kitchens that look vintage. Love the old stoves, the Formica countertops, etc. I could be happy in a kitchen like this.




All things cherry  . . . I adore cherry kitchenalia, linens, etc.




Holly Hobbie.  Have always loved Holly Hobbie.




Victorian houses, although I would not want to have to heat and maintain one! There are a few of these in town. I don't know how people can afford them, as pretty as they are to look at! 


 


White buttons  . . .  well any button really. I just love buttons.




Cherubs  . . . 



Vintage fashion plates  . . .  




The writings of Christina Rossetti . . . 




Vera Mouse  . . .  from the mind and brush of Marjolein Bastin . . .love her bees too.




Audrey Hepburn.  She had class. She was beautiful when she was young and when she was old.  




Wool fabric  . . .  would love a real wool blanket  . . .


 

So very pretty . . .  the satin bow, the embroidery, the buttons  . . . 


 


Breakfast trays  . . . 


 

Hammocks  . . .  


 


Clocks  . . .  I love to hear them ticking  . . . 


 

Hair in plaits  . . . 




Wooley sweaters . . . especially this time of year  . . . 




Vintage Barbara  . . .  loved Funny Girl  . . . 




Old plates  . . . mismatched  . . . 


 

Baskets and wild flowers  . . . 

 

Red squirrels  . . .  they're so cute. 


 

Bunting  . . . 


 

Slip covers   . . . 


And those are my favorite things for this week.  What are some of yours?

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*A friend is someone who
knows the song of your heart
and can sing it back to you
when you have forgotten
the words. ~CS Lewis
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。 



In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Loaded Chicken Burrito Bowl.  Simple to make. Quick and easy. Delicious.

I hope you have a wonderful Thursday.  Whatever you get up to I hope it brings joy into your life.  Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       

10 comments:

  1. Love all your favourites, Marie. You find some beautiful pictures of ordinary things. Enjoy your day. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elaine! You too! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. I love the look of the old Victorian houses too...but they are firetraps and how on earth could one take care of them either, at least without a lot of help! Love the friendship saying by CS Lewis...sure true!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you, I can't imagine having to look after one! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I made a Christmas wreath out of white buttons a few years ago, many of them came from my mom's button tin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful memento Linda! I would love to see it! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Vintage kitchens are the best…V.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!