Wednesday 14 August 2019

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .


 

FOR TODAY, August 14th, 2019

Outside my window... 
It was still dark when I got up, but the sun is rising now.  The days are beginning to get noticeably shorter now. So far its a dry day, but we'll see. I think that so far this has been a really wet, wet, wet summer.  Blah . . . 

I am thinking ...
About what a lovely day I had yesterday. Heard from loads of people, on FB and private e-mail. Got some lovely cards and presents. It was just a nice day.  



My cards  . . .  




Todd, Monique, my Sister . . . 


  

My father, Val and RuthAnne . . . 



Caroline, Elaine, Max & Cory, Brenda  . . . 


I got some lovely pressies also . . .  


   


Aside from her beautifully painted card, charming envelope and decorated package, Monique sent me this totally enchanting book of Flower Fairies Paper Dolls. 
  



She knows me so well  . . .  fairies and paperdolls, the ultimate combination. I can't wait to play, thanks so much my dear friend!  




Her artwork is always so beautiful  . . .  I am in awe of her talents  . . . 


  

A beautiful vintage compact from Elaine  . . .  what did I do to deserve such kindnesses.  I don't know. Thank you so very much my sweet friend. So very thoughtful.  You also know me well and how much I love pretty things  . . . 


From my friends at lunch, some pretty earrings and flowers and of course the lunch! 

  

From Hayden and his wife Lexi (our overnight guests) a lovely BIG bar of chocolate.  Its a good thing I have Todd to help me eat it! 

I have been richly blessed!  And last night as I was getting into bed my dad facetimed me, which was nice!  Many thanks to everyone for the Happy Birthday wishes.  I truly appreciated each and every one of them!

I am thankful for ...


The distraction of having overnight guests to take my mind off of missing my mom. That first birthday after you lose your mom is a hard one, and having Hayden and Lexi here and being able to spoil them a bit and remininsce about our Missionary Days was great!  


  

They are just the sweetest young couple, and so nice. We both really enjoyed having them here with us. They can come anytime! 

In the kitchen ... 

Mediterranean Sauced Chicken Escallopes 

Mediterranean Sauced Chicken Escallops.  Seriously tasty.  Tender thin slices of flash fried chicken breast meat in a delicious cherry tomato, caper, herb, garlic and white wine sauce. 

On my "To Cook" list ... 


Recipe Tin Eats.  Caesar Salad Won Ton Cups.  These look like the perfect appetiser!  I adore Caesar Salad! 


Good to know ... 



How to clean Silver Jewelry . . . 

I am creating ... 

  

Handy Little Me, tea cosy pattern. Free. 



Amazing Knitting.  Tweed Blanket.  Free Pattern.  



Stitching Together, Double Thick Hot Pad.  



Craftsy. Pineapple Stitch tutorial.  



Tin Can Knits.  Simple Mittens.  


I am reading ... 


A Spark of Light, by Jodi Picoult.
The Center for women's reproductive health offers a last chance at hope - but nobody ends up there by choice. Its very existence is controversial, and to the demonstrators who barricade the building every day, the service it offers is no different from legalised murder.

Now life and death decisions are being made horrifyingly real: a lone protester with a gun has taken the staff, patients and visitors hostage. Starting at the tensest moment in the negotiations for their release, A Spark of Light unravels backwards, revealing hour by urgent hour what brought each of these people - the gunman, the negotiator, the doctors, nurses and women who have come to them for treatment - to this point. And certainties unwind as truths and secrets are peeled away, revealing the complexity of balancing the right to life with the right to choose.

A complex issue for sure. Only just started reading this.


I am looking forward to ...
Tackling the craft room. If I want to start painting again and making dolls, I need to get it sorted.


Dreaming about ... 


Petit Fours . . .  


  

He must be French  . . . 




Cosy corners  . . . 


  

That window treatment, the bed skirt, the wall paper  . . .  sigh  . . . 



Flower Pots on Window Sills  . . . 


Makes me smile ... 

  

So content  . . .  trusting  . . . innocent . . . 


Something to watch ... 


We watched this last night.  I had never seen it.  I suppose I was only 11 years old when it came out, so it was a bit beyond me back then.  I loved the music and it was a pretty good film, although it ended kind of wierd, and today that guy would have been seen as a stalker! 

A thought to carry with you  ... 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
If you want to be holy,
be kind.   ° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 


 Corners of my kingdom ... 


Dee Side Cafe Bistro, Llangollen  . . .


And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   


 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Marie, my, you did have a lovely birthday. Lots of pretty cards, talking to your dad, a birthday lunch, some nice gifts, and a lovely visit from Hayden and Lexi. I love the tweed blanket, pretty pink petite four and that adorable ginger kitten. I think you should just carry on celebrating your birthday for the rest of the week. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine! It was a lovely day! I think I will celebrate right through the weekend. I shall Todd it was your idea, lol. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. Maybe you cn play cut out dolls w/ Eileen:)
    Oh you had a lovely day! Good!!
    I ahave used that method for silver a few times..works well..I just bught SILVO..and now I know why it was so popular 100 yrs ago.None have come close.Happy I found it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to try that silver polishing method. I have run out of silver cleaner. I loved Silvo! They don't have it over here! Eileen will love playing with the Fairy Paper Dolls. Like her mom she is a fairy nut as you know! You really were a big chunk of my special day yesterday. Once again, many thanks! xoxo

      Delete
  3. So glad your birthday was such a nice one...and that you were busy and not able to grieve as much!! So lovely of GOD to arrange that!! Love all your ideas as usual!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was wasn't it Elizabeth! I spent a few minutes pondering on how wonderful it was of Him to provide for me in such a way! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!