Thursday 1 August 2019

My favourite things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 
 
A few of the things which catch my eye, inspire me, pluck at my heart strings, make me smile, or that I just enjoy.  Maybe they will do the same for you.  
  
 
 
Vera Mouse by Marjolein Bastin. She is a Dutch artist. I used to be able to buy her notecards, stickers etc. when I lived in Canada, but  never see her stuff here. I love all her work. Its just beautiful.   

  
 
 
I adore messy buns, loose hair styles for longer hair. I never do but the same thing with mine. It is either plaited or in a pony tail. I wish I had the courage and the skill to do something else.  


 

Nuts.  I Love nuts.  All kinds. I would say that of all the nuts Cashews, Macadamias and Pistachios are my favourites, but in all truth I have never met a nut I did not like. 
 

  
 
My dining room window with the geraniums in pots  . . .  they make me smile. I think I need to get a bigger pot (s).  

 
  
 
Breakfast for dinner.  Its one of my favourite things. We hardly ever have it for breakfast, but often for dinner.  This is my Scrambled Eggs Benedict.  Seriously tasty.  

 

 
August. Next to October and December it is one of my favourite months!  We are at the pinnacle of summer.  The garden starts to really flourish.  Things get quiet. You get some lovely hot days, and then towards the end of the month things begin to cool to pleasant.  Its my Birthday month. It will be a difficult one this year. 
 

 
A&W Rootbeer and Rootbeer Floats in the summer time. None of which are really available here in the UK.  You can buy cases of the rootbeer from an American product supply company, but at a ridiculously high price.  So I just dream.  They say over here that Dandelion & Burdock taste like Root Beer, but they are deluding themselves. Not at all the same thing. Not at all. 
 

 
Lace and satin ribbons  . . . 
 
 
  
 
Inspirational Quotes  . . .  I love them . . . 



 
Peacock Butterflies.  They love the Buddleja in our back garden . . .  on a sunny day at any given time you will see five or six relaxing and feeding on it. 
 
 
 
I am finally seeing some bees . . . its hard when it is raining so much  . . . I love bees.  
 

 
 
They like the Buddleja  too  . . . 



 
Our resident sparrows . . .  I love to watch them  . . .   
 
 
 
Growing my own herbs  . . .  I will soon have to start drying some for the winter  . . . 
 
 
  
 
Fine art  . . .  I find it mesmerizing.  This is just a portion of a piece by Jean Baptiste Van Loo, Portrait of Princess Amelia, daughter of King George II.  Look at the detail . . . that is why they were called the great Masters . . .  
 
 
 
Look at this Boldini  . . .  so beautiful  . . . 
 
 
  
 
The seaside  . . .  not the crowded ones . . .  the smaller ones that aren't full of people  . . .  where you can be quiet with your thoughts  . . . see the wind farm?  This is Rhos on Sea. 
 
 
 
Blue and white china  . . .  any pattern.  I love this colour combination most of all  . . . 
 
 
And those are my favourite things for this week.  What are some of yours? 
 
 
 
My spread was published in this weeks Edition of the Canadian Hello! Magazine. So excited about that. I have a pdf of the spread that I can share with you if you want to email me.  I guess I am pretty proud of this, but I am not wanting to brag.
 
A thought to carry with you  . . . 
 
 
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
But every good thing I
know of in this world,
you have to work at. I
don't know of anything
that comes easy.
~Jeffrey R Holland  •。★★ 。* 。
•。★★ 。* 。 •。★★ 。* 。 
 

Crispy Chicken with Cheesy Mash & Cream Gravy 
 
In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Crispy Chicken with Cheesy Mash & Cream Gravy. Oh my goodness . . .  sigh  . . . . 


Have a beautiful day  . . .  don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   



 
 
 

 


14 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You are so talented in so many areas. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Judi! I Hope you also have a lovely day! xo

      Delete
  2. You ARE SO talented in SO many areas!!

    Bravo!! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique. I think you have more confidence in me than I have in myself! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Oh my word, can Prince George get any cuter? :)
    Thanks for this carb info on nuts! Dry roasted are a staple in my cabinet, but occasionally I'll splurge and buy myself a can of macadamias or pistachios.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think all the royals have such beautiful children Mevely! xoxo

      Delete
  4. CONGRATS on the magazine piece...of course, I sent an email!! Looking forward to it!!
    HUGS, Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marie, congratulations on your two-page spread in Hello. I went out this afternoon and bought a copy. Sure makes me wish I wasn't afraid of frying, lol. Everything looks so yummy. I, too, love Vera the Mouse and you don't see her on cards very often but when I do, I snap them up. Who knew you could make Eggs Benedict with scrambled eggs - so much easier. I'm going to try them. President's Choice has a lovely Hollandaise Sauce that we like. It's our Civic Holiday long weekend here in Ontario and the weather promises to be lovely all weekend. Hope you have a nice weekend, Marie, you, Todd and sweet Mitzie. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy long weekend Elaine! I hope the weather is kind. I am pleased you were able to see the magazine! I used to buy the Vera Mouse notecards whenever I saw them also, and then I would have a hard time using them because I didn't want to part with them, lol. I know what am I like! I love President's Choice anything! Love and hugs to you and your hubby! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Me again, I just realized I missed two whole pages of your article. In my defence, I was taking a hurried look at it in the car - no, I wasn't driving, lol. Kudos, Marie. Love that your book and blog were mentioned. You're going to find some new fans, I'm sure.
    Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I am glad that you were not driving! Whew! I dread to think! Thanks so much Elaine! I sure hope so! oxoxo

      Delete
  7. I would love you to send the spread in a PDF form. Here' my email: templetop@msn.com I love that you are famous. I expect even more articles about you because you are so talented.
    I loved all your garden and nature photos. The butterflies and the bee ones are awesome. August is a special time of year because it's still summer but it cools down a bit.
    I forgot to mention in your other post; how excited I am for your daughter to come for a visit. I like Fairy's too. I'm sure she will love the book.
    The master painters are so good; their art is amazing.
    Blue and White dishes are my favorite too.
    Loved all of this one; sending hugs!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Far from famous LeAnn, nor would I ever want to be famous. I am always amazed that these people want to write about me or share my blog/recipes. We have so many things that we love that are alike. I think we are kindred spirits! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!