Thursday 29 August 2019

My Favourite Things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 

A few of the things which catch my eye, inspire me, pluck at my heart strings, make me smile, or that I just enjoy.  Maybe they will do the same for you.     



Little Golden Books.  These were the books I cut my teeth on when I was a child. My "Love of Reading" teeth that is!  I read the ones I had over and over and over again.  I bought them for my own children. also and read to them every night until they begged me to stop!  My father read to me and I read to them.  We would all gather on the double bed in the girls' room and I would read to them and we would have silly story time and so on.  Once they got older however, they wanted to read their own books. 




Chocolate Covered Almonds.  Not all are created equal.  Those ones that they sell in school fund raisers are the best.   I'm afraid if we have any chocolate covered almonds in the house I am lost.  they are one of my greatest weaknesses . . . 


    

Victorian Houses.  Big or small, it makes no difference.  I love them all!  What a prime eample this is with its ornateness and that beautiful front porch/veranda! 



I love this one even more.  It has turrets. Talk about making your home a Castle!  




Hedgehogs.  Did you know they are in trouble?  I was reading about it not too long ago. Their numbers are decreasing. They are such cute and benign little creatures.  Lots get hit by cars, or are killed by natural predators, horror of all horrors. . .  get burnt in bonfires because of the predilection for curling up to sleep in piles of leaves and brush.   Its sad really. If you have things set up for a bonfire, do check for hedgehogs before you light up!  


  

Garden Statuary . . .  love it.  Any kind . . .  littl fairies, big fairies, cherubs, etc. Gnomes.



  

The combination of pin tucks, embroidery, pearl buttons and lace . . .  especially in little girls dresses.  I bought Maryn several beautiful smocked and embroidered dresses when she was small.  Never got to see her in even one of them.  I have no idea if her mother even kept them, heck I don't even know if she got them.  





Red and white polka dots  . . . 



Rhinestone buttons  . . . .


  

Freckles.  A face without freckles is like a sky without stars  . . . . 




Old black and white photographs  . . .  who were these people . . .  what were their stories, their hopes, their dreams  . . . 


  

Old Chenille Bed Spreads  . . . 



Criss Cross Priscilla Curtains  . . .  love, LOVE them! 


  

Mangos.  Fresh. Dried.  In yogurt.  I just adore Mangos.  



Pasta in any way shape or form.  How did I ever end up with someone who hates it.  lol. 


  

Vintage Christmas Candles. I would never be able to bring myself to be able to burn them . . .  



Vintage look tourism posters . . . 


  

The illustrations of Eloise Wilkin  . . . her children all look like cherubs  . . . 



Richard Scarry illustrations. 

  


Garibaldi Biscuits  . . .  squashed fly cakes  . . .  



Maple Creams . . . . 


And that's just the tip of the iceberg.  I have many joys and pleasures in life and most of them are very simple!  What are some of yours?

A thought to carry with you  . . .

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Happiness is not about
getting all you want,
its about enjoying
what you already have.
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。 


 

Proud to have been featured yesterday in the Huffington Post UK's nod to the return of the GBBO on our televisions screens!  You can see it here


Easy Almond Croissants  

Baking in The English Kitchen today  . . .  Easy Almond Croissants.  Yummy!

Have a wonderful Thursday. So far it is dry here, but there is plenty of cloud and it is discernably chilly!  Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   
 






12 comments:

  1. Well, my friend don't feel like the lone ranger...my hubby does not like pasta either...oh whatever is not to like I ask??
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. KUdos! I remember MAKING your angel slices!! Your pics had made me:):) Love so many things really:) I cann easily stay away form treats though..sugar not's my thing..just love making things w/ sugar and J loves it all..in moderation..he buys those things:)but I swear it last 1 yr plus plus lol.He buys plain nuts too like the Tamari almonds etc..I like the shelled pistachios for baking..almonds..almond meal..pecans..walnuts ..etc..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I did not like sweets so much. Candy I can leave but baked goodies, I have a hard time resisting them! Love all nuts! xoxo

      Delete
  3. My favorites today are those darling little red polka dot shoes, How adorable and the house, I do love old homes. Hope you have a FANTASTIC Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marie, how could you not fall in love with that adorable little hedgehog? And I can't get enough of vintage chenille bedspreads. Did you read Susan's new post? She is giving away her four seasonal cups. Already, there are almost 3,000 comments. If you leave a comment, good luck. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, I think she did a fabby do job for someone with a broken wrist! I can't believe all of the comments, but giveaways usually end up with a large amount. I did comment. I always do. Wouldn't it be nice to win one of those cups! Good luck to you also! Love and hugs! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Wow, Marie, you are becoming famous with your recipes. Way to go girl.
    I loved all of your items today. I loved the homes; they are beautiful. I have always wanted a big porch of some kind. They are like a castle.
    I enjoy all the vintage photos because I love almost anything vintage.
    I really love the décor photos. The curtains are so beautiful. I wish they would work in my home. The polkadot red baby shoes are so adorable. I would suspect that those beautiful dresses that you made for the baby were kept. Deep down inside, I know that someday you will be blessed in this area. The dress looks like ones that my Great Grandmother made for my Dad and one that my daughters were blessed in. I still have them; they are a treasure for sure. This was such a fun one.
    Sending loving thoughts and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet thoughts LeAnn! I do believe that the prayers of Righteous Mothers are always answered. It is the waiting for the answers which is the hard part. We don't see the end of the story. Love and hugs to you! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Looks like I love everything you do! We have such good taste!😄

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!