Tuesday 9 February 2021

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

  

FOR TODAY, February 9, 2021

Outside my window...
It cool and clear.  We had quite a bit of snow the last two days, but that stopped about noon yesterday. Looks as if everyone has cleared themselves out now and traffic is moving.  

I am thinking ...
I don't think I am going to get a mortgage.  I haven't been in the country long enough, etc. It will take a miracle.  Miracles do happen every day so I have no given up hope just yet but I have by Friday.

I am thankful for ...
The power of prayer. I have had to avail myself of this power so many times over the last six months (over a lifetime really). I have had many prayers answered.  Many prayers.  Actually when I think about it, they've all been answered, just not always in the way I wanted them to be. 

In the kitchen ...

Roasted Cabbage with a Dill & Mustad Sauce.  Low fat, low carb, diabetic friendly, and delicious. 

On my "To Cook" list ... 


Eat Little Bird.  Chocolate Madeleines with roses and pistachios.  These are so pretty! 

Good to Know ... 


I am wanting to create ... 

 

Little Star Frame Ornaments (thinking on next year already) A great way to use up old Christmas Cards also. From Little Golden Nook.   

 

Arrow Stitch Blanket. I love the colours. From DIY Everywhere.   

 

The District Domestic a quick and easy knitted scarf.  I keep saying I want to knit myself one of these, but never get to it. Maybe this will be the year. 

 

Malabrigo Loafers from Cocoa Knits.   


 


Pretty Poncho from Tina's Handicrafts. (Be warned there is music so don't jump out of your skin.) I love this and wish I had the courage to wear one.
 
I am reading ... 

 


When We Were Strangers, by Pamela Schoenewldt
"If you leave Opi, you'll die with strangers," Irma Vitale's mother always warned. Even after her beloved mother's passing, 20-year-old Irma longs to stay in her Abruzzo mountain village, plying her needle. But too poor and plain to marry and subject to growing danger in her own home, she risks rough passage to America and workhouse servitude to achieve her dream of making dresses for gentlewomen. In the raw immigrant quarters and with the help of an entrepreneurial Irish serving girl, ribbon-decked Polish ragman and austere Alsatian dressmaker, Irma begins to stitch together a new life . . . until her peace and self are shattered in the charred remains of the Great Chicago Fire. Enduring a painful recovery, Irma reaches deep within to find that she has even more to offer the world than her remarkable ability with a needle and thread 

Have only just started this.  

I am looking forward to ...
Our Temple just opened at Phase 3. Looking forward to hopefully going sometime soon and finishing the work for my mother. 

Dreaming about ... 


A chair by the fire  . . . 


Wood fired pizza  . . . 

 
A tea cup garden  . . . 

 
Cardinals  . . . 


A cosy sweater  . . . 

Something to watch ... 

 

Somebody Feed Phil.  Watching reruns of this on Netflix. I loved it so much the first time around I am going back for a second taste. 
 
Makes me smile ... 


Remembering when my dream came true. I still pinch myself about it. I have not heard from my editor in a while.  I think he has gone bust, but the book is still selling in Kindle.  Not received a gratuity check in over a year and a half.  Where is the money going  . . . 

One of my favourite things ... 

 

This pretty mix of fabrics . . .  love the colours and mix of patterns. 

Corners of my kingdom ... 


From where I am sitting. Its going to be a sunny day  . . . .  

A thought for the day ...

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
When you love what you have,
     You have everything you need.
          ~unknown° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 
 
And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!   
 


 











8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!
    Such a lovely post!
    I enjoyed your "dreams", especially the chair by the fire and the pizza oven. And you wrote a book! I will go look right now. Have a cozy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to let you know, I found it on Amazon here in the US! It is available on Kindle for free. Perhaps why you haven't received gratuity?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just looked at Amazon; your book is sold out so I subscribed to a notice that will tell me if it comes back in (not the one for sale for $176.00, though!!) The book looks great and I am so sad that I can't buy it! This is a lovely post, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these ideas...gonna have to make the cabbage dish...and whyever could you not wear that gorgeous capelet thing...looks so cute!! Still hoping and praying you get the house...or if not, something much better will come along soon!!
    Hugs, Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is always hope, Marie. I believe in miracles, too. And prayer can be very powerful. Loved that row of cardinals. Is the pretty afghan crochet or knit? Almost time for bed. Sweet dreams. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Think positive thoughts Marie, only positive! 🤔

    I have your amazing cookbook!
    Have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!