Tuesday 2 February 2021

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

FOR TODAY, February 2nd, 2021

Outside my window ...
Its blowing a real Nor-Easter!  I am pretty sure the groundhog won't be seeing his shadow!  Its seriously really blustery and miserable out there! 

I am thinking ... 
Whenever we have really stormy weather I always think about the poor animals that live outdoors, the birds, deer, etc. but especially the birds. I know they are equipped to live in such things but still.  I am glad that I have a place to shelter and keep warm and out of the elements.

I am thankful for ...
A roof over my head and people who love me and who I can love back! My faith, which sustains me and helps to keep me grounded. Modern technology which keeps me connected.

In the kitchen ... 

Baby Berry Custard Cakes.  Simple, delicious, easy to make ahead. The perfect dessert for all your sweethearts. 

On my "To Cook" list ... 

Elizabeth's Kitchen Diary.  Spiced Honey Glazed Chicken.  This looks fabulous. 

Good to know ... 


I am wanting to create ... 
  

Crochet coasters on Fab Art DIY. So pretty. Free pattern.  

 

Instructables. How to join new yarn.   

 

Gennine on Flickr. Inspiration only.   

 


BHG  Christmas Card Card Trees.   

 


Grateful Prayer, Thankful Heart.  Valentines Day Heart Garland.   

I am reading ... 


When We Were Strangers, by Pamela Schoenewldt
"If you leave Opi, you'll die with strangers," Irma Vitale's mother always warned. Even after her beloved mother's passing, 20-year-old Irma longs to stay in her Abruzzo mountain village, plying her needle. But too poor and plain to marry and subject to growing danger in her own home, she risks rough passage to America and workhouse servitude to achieve her dream of making dresses for gentlewomen. In the raw immigrant quarters and with the help of an entrepreneurial Irish serving girl, ribbon-decked Polish ragman and austere Alsatian dressmaker, Irma begins to stitch together a new life . . . until her peace and self are shattered in the charred remains of the Great Chicago Fire. Enduring a painful recovery, Irma reaches deep within to find that she has even more to offer the world than her remarkable ability with a needle and thread 

Have only just started this. 

I am looking forward to ...
Seeing how the next year unfolds for me.  I am happily optimistic that all will be well, no matter what comes.

Dreaming about ... 

Sunny windowscapes  . . . 


Sleeping kitty kats  . . . .  


Chocolate cookies  . . . 


Pretty quilts  . . . 


Cinnamon buns . . . 

 
 

Penguin Bloom on Netflix.  Fabulous.

Makes me smile ... 


One of my favourite things ...


When Susan Branch posts a new blog post! 

Corners of my Kingdom ... 


View out the back window this morning.  Blustery, snowy. It is supposed to turn to rain later on and there is a rain warning in effect. 

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Kindness and pleasantness
and faith-based optimism
are the characteristics 
of happy people.
~Jeffrey R Holland•。★★ 。* 。
 •。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。 


And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!   
 











 







 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Hello!
    Such a lovely read for me this snowy morning.
    Thank you for the recipes!
    Both look delicious!
    I made some cinnamon rolls last night.
    I had an extra loaf of frozen bread dough, so I let it thaw, patted it out, slathered it in butter, sugar, and cinnamon, rolled it up, sliced it into rolls, put them in a cake pan and let them rise. I baked them for about 12 minutes. Then, the key! My daughter made some easy cream cheese icing for them! AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little cakes look delish..Thanks for the Netflix rec.We watched The Dig..Netflix♥More snow here also:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marie~

    I always look forward to your daybook, it's a fun glimpse into your day! I have a big box of old Christmas cards that I will try to make into the cute trees, what a wonderful idea! I also really love chocolate cookies, they would be perfect for Valentine's Day. I'm really trying to be better about eating healthy, but on Valentine's Day, all bets are off! The book sounds wonderful and so does the movie, I'm always on the lookout for a good book! It is so dry here and I worry that we will have a drought this summer, I hope we can get some of that moisture soon or we will be in trouble. I always look forward to Susan Branches posts, and today it was beautiful...always fun as well.

    Have a wonderful Wednesday...love you tons! XOXOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always fun to pop in and see what you are up too. I always enjoy your daybook thoughts. I just did one recently, too. It's been a while.
    Today, I enjoyed every thoughts. We have kind of missed out on snow this year, so I'm sad. I wanted to make a snow angel.
    The Baby Berry Custard Cakes looks so yummy; I just try this one.
    Thanks for the car jumping one. I would be lost, if I had to do this one.
    Those little Coasters are so adorable. I love the color pink.
    I liked the fun projects and wish I could take a moment a make one of them.
    You always read such interesting books. Our book club is reading, "A Gentleman in Moscow". I haven't been able to get into it yet.
    I think my favorite thing is what you are dreaming about. There are always things that I dream about too. The cats are adorable, of course. The quilt is beautiful. Cinnamon rolls are the best.
    I loved the quote today.
    Sending loving thoughts and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!