Sunday 21 February 2021

My mind wanders . . .

  


“If one were given five minutes warning before sudden death, 
five minutes to say what it had meant to us, 
every telephone booth would be occupied by people trying to call up 
other people to stammer that they loved them.” 
~ Christopher Morley 

Reading the above quote this morning really struck me. I had gone through my daily news feed really early and seen this . . . 

 


This is some of the debris dropped by an aircraft near a home in Colorado yesterday. I have seen other photos, but the closeness of this debris to this house really made me think. How close a call was that?  What if someone had been just stepping outside the door to go shopping or whatever and that had fallen on top of them.  They would have surely been killed. Thankfully nobody was hurt by any of the debris that fell from the sky, but people could very easily have been injured, maimed, killed, etc. Here one minute, gone the next . . .  because of a freak accident. 

None of us ever knows from one minute to the next what the next moment holds for us. In a way this thought ties right in with the above quote. Do we really need a five minute warning to do what is the right thing to do? To love each other and to let each other know that we do? 


Why should it take the threat of losing those we care about to make us suddenly want to let them know that we care? What is it about our humanity that makes us take for granted the very thing that brings us the most meaning in life, the ability to love and to be loved? 

 At the end of the day that is the only thing in this life that really matters, that really counts for something, and if we haven’t got it, we haven’t really got anything at all. Don’t waste another moment or another day of your life without letting the ones you care about know that you care. Call now. Write now. Tomorrow might be too late.    

Maybe the years 2020 and 2021 have been our five minute warning?  Food for thought. 


It snowed here all day yesterday. Big goose down flakes alternately mixed with fine snow. I don't know what the accumulation was, probably more than a few inches.  Dad did not make it over for supper. We never went out for our usual Saturday shop. All was quiet here. I think I spent most of the day in my room, embroidering, crocheting, etc. 
 
I watched a particularly good interview on my laptop that Oprah had done with President Obama which I thought quite interesting.  I am not really a very political person, or I try not to be.  I don't ascribe to a particular political point of view. I simply go for what I think is the best for my country.  In listening to him speak, I was made away of just what a burden and a mantle it is for someone to carry on their shoulders the well-being of a whole country and its people. I would not care to do it. It can be done really well and it can be done very poorly. We have all experienced it being done one way or the other in our lifetimes.  
 
And yet we are still here.  I believe that ultimately Good prevails over Evil. Always.
 

This made  me smile.  What a wonderful reminder that it is the simplest things in life which can bring us the most joy, and most of those things are free . . . 

I am just wattling on now so I will end this with a thought for the day  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.
A change is brought about
because ordinary people
do extraordinary things.•。★★ 。* 。
 •。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。 


In The English Kitchen today, Thin & Crispy Oatmeal Cookies. These are the BEST oatmeal cookies. I kid you not!!
 
 
I hope that you have a wonderful day, filled with love and light.  Do be happy. Share your love with someone who needs to know they are loved. Above all don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!  








 





9 comments:

  1. Bon dimanche Marie!What a close cal indeed...I have been seeing lots of sad videos on a tiktok re Texas...:(:(:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I don't do TikTok, probably good that I don't! :( :( There is too much sadness in the world these days. Hurts my heart. xoxo

      Delete
  2. You do have the best cookie recipes. I like the sound of thin oatmeal cookies.
    I do believe I love your wandering mind. Thanks for your thoughts on this one. It is important to reach out often to those we love because we don't know God's timetable for us.
    You gave wise thoughts on this.
    That Airplane part coming down was awful.
    I do believe we are all in a a 5 minute warning. At least in God's time.
    Sending loving thoughts your way dear friend1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LeAnn! They are great cookies! I agree with you about the five minute warning! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  3. Holy crap, that could of gone thru their roof or totaled their vehicles! That's scary!
    I have always had that fear of something falling out of the sky!

    When I was growing up, we lived near a small airport.
    I used to wake up startled when I would hear a airplane go over our house way to low bc it sounded like it was going to crash!
    I would jump right out of bed in fear!

    I couldn't watch any sad videos bc I'd be crying my eyes out Monique!
    The last time I watched a sad movie I cried so hard that my dog started whimpering loudly! I had to stop and show him that I was ok.
    He had the sadest eyes all night!
    So I've been watching comedy shows and movies.

    Stay safe, healthy and warm everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know J! How lucky were they that nobody was hurt. The story could have very easily ended tragically! You stay safe, healthy and warm also! No sad movies for me at the moment. My heart can't take them! love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
    2. I only watch comedy movies or even kids movies bc they make me laugh! No horror or scary movies for me either bc I'd be jumpy for a few days later! Lol
      It was 7• last night and when I took my dog out today it was snowing hard! So I'll be shoveling again. Yuck!
      Your cookies look yummy!
      I'm going to make zuke boats tonight bc I've been craving them and I have zucchini to use up.
      Stay safe, healthy and warm Marie!
      Love and hugs too!xoxo

      Delete
  4. On the day of Sept. 11, 2001, in New York City, the cell phone capability shut down.....Many of those 3000 people in those 2 towers who died in the attack that day where calling their loved ones to say "goodbye, I love you always and forever".....the calls from Flight 39 were so numerous to their loved ones because they knew their flight was going to fight, and then crash...there are many recordings of some of those calls...I will never, ever forget hearing those calls that day. A person must never take even one moment of life on earth for granted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was probably one of the most heart rending and tragic experiences ever on this planet. My heart breaks every time I think about it Lynney. xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!