Thursday 4 February 2021

My Favourite Things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 

 

 These are a few of my favourite things. Maybe some of them are your favourites too. It is a good to take your mind off things that are bringing you down and to dwell on the good more often than not. You can admire without wanting. What can I say, I like to look at pretty things!  

 

Not so pretty when compared to a lot of other homes, but soon to be MY home.  Yes! My offer was accepted and now I am just waiting for mortgage approval. This is probably one of the scariest moves I have ever made in my life, but I am super excited. It will be pretty empty for a while except for my bedroom and the kitchen/dining room, but what the hey! It will be mine! 

Thank YOU for all your happy thoughts thus far! 



I love LOVE this sofa on Ikea.  I am saving up now! Its exciting! 
 
 
 
Johnson Brothers, the Friendly Village pattern. My ex MIL had a whole set of this that I always drooled over. Now I go for just white because I like to take photos of food on my dishes but this is a pattern I love to look at. 
 
 

Homemade Vintage Aprons. They have such charm. 
 
 
 
I love this kettle. So pretty. 
 
 
 
Tuxedo cats.   I may get me one of those  . . . 

 
 
Red buttons  . . .  especially old ones . . . 

 
 
Morning Glories  . . . 

 
 
Cupolas . . .  fancy . . .  pretty  . . . 

 
 
Pretty dresses . . . 

  

 
Susan's picket fence garden, what's not to love here  . . .  


 
 
 
Sweet peas  . . .  they are the loveliest of the garden flowers. Like butterflies waiting to take off.  

 
 

Bluebirds  . . . 

 
 
Vintage stoves . . .  I know, I say this quite often . . . 

 
 

Pretty Chocolate Boxes  . . . 
 

 

Hotel Chocolat . . .  love, Love, LOVE 
 
 
 
Milinary Blooms, so hard to find  . . . 

 

Mis-matched plates  . . . 

 
 
Vintage quilts and coverlettes . . .  so pretty  . . . 

 
 
Smocked dresses for little girls.  I had bought Maryn some really beautiful ones when she was small. I never got to see her in even one of them.  I don't even know if she ever got them actually.  But I know I sent them. I am sure she looked sweet in them . . . 

 
 
Banana Splits  . . . 

 
 
Garden birdhouses  . . . 

 
 
Lace collars  . . . 

 
 
Baby deer  . . . 

 
 
Vintage Calico prints  . . . 

 
 
Bunny love  . . . 

 
 
Little red sweaters  . . .  

 
 
Outlander  . . .  

 
 
Petit Fours  . . . 

  


Soup bowls with handles  . . .  they're so cute.   

 

Tea Infusers . . .  any kind.  I love them all.  These heart ones are especially sweet.   

 

The Sermon on the Mount.  I was studying this yesterday. (Matthew 5:3-16 in particular) It is a beautiful passage of scripture.  The beautitudes.  As I was reading it, I was inserting (example) Blessed are the meek (who come unto me) for they shall inherit the earth.  It was an eye opener.  I don't think I have ever gotten so much understanding from it in the past.  I have always loved this passage, but today I love it even more.   

 

Talking with my sister.  I think she is one of the greatest gifts my mother ever gave me, even if at first I told my mom to take her back. I have always been very grateful to have her in my life.  I love her so much.   

 
 

I don't know who made it, but I am in love with this fox doll . . .  I love humanized animal dolls  . . .   


 
 
 
Hand embroidered cardigans  . . . 

And those are my favourite things for this week.  What are some of your favourite things?
 
 
A thought to carry with you . . .  

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Sometimes when you're in a dark place,
you may think you have been buried,
 but actually, you've  been planted.
Now go and bloom . . . • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ ••。★★ 。* 。  
 
 
 

In the English Kitchen today  . . .  Creamy Swiss Chicken . . . This Swiss Chicken is very easy to make and yet one of the most flavourful chicken dishes ever! No cream soup involved in this version.

Have a wonderful Thursday.  Be happy and healthy and above all, don't forget . . .  
 
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

  








13 comments:

  1. That is wonderful news, Marie. I am so happy for you. You're going to make it into a beautiful home all your own. Congratulations! Good luck with obtaining the mortgage. Loved all your favourites. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Marie, that is exciting news about the house. Fingers (and toes) crossed that you get it. Definitely think about a tuxedo cat. I've had several cats, including 2 tuxedo, and they seem to have the best personalities and quirks. Chocolate, who doesn't love chocolate!! And banana splits! And then there's Outlander. They have actually made 2 cookbooks for Outlander and they're very nice. I have both of them on my Kindle. Well, snuggle up and stay warm, we're headed for quite cold weather here at the weekend and next week. Much love - Raquel XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING.
    The best is yet to come:)
    Don't forget Varage sale..so many great deals..so many things offered FREE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the acceptance of your offer, now I'll be praying it all works out for you ! It's just the right size and I love the couch you have chosen. I love colorful things !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your offer being accepted...pray all goes well to the finish!! What a great find!! Seems things are coming together quite quickly really too...in a matter of weeks, look where you are already!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy for you! Best wishes in getting the mortgage and all the rest of it. It's a lovely little house!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Marie. I don’t know you but your favorites are mine also! I’m so happy for you and this house, I hope it all works out nicely. Exciting, ❣️❣️❣️ xxoo, V

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marie!

    I'm so happy for you, congratulations!! What a great opportunity for you to grow in this new journey, and being right around the corner from your daughter will be just wonderful, for both of you. The couch is beautiful, it will look adorable in your new home. Sending prayers your way that it all works out!! XOXOXO

    I love all of the finds today, you always find just the right things to make me smile...and dream!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pleased your offer was accepted. Fingers crossed the mortgage approval goes well. Lots of great places to get furniture, varage sale, kijiji, thrift stores and word of mouth,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! This is so exciting and your second step in your new life! (your first was coming home). I love the Vicar of Dibly show, Geraldine (the Vicar) said she became a Vicar after reading The Sermon on the Mount! I can't wait to see what you will do with that darling house! Congratulations again! And there are SO many cats out there in need of a good, loving home. So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hurray 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay Marie, I'm sooo excited for you!
    I'll be hoping and praying that everything else will work out too!
    Just think only positive things bc it's finally happening for you!!!
    Woo-hoo!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!