Tuesday 16 February 2021

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

  

FOR TODAY, February 16, 2021 

Outside my window ...
The calm before the storm. Nothing is moving. Not even a mouse.  All's quiet on the front. 
We are supposed to get an ice storm. We shall see what happens next.

I am thinking ...
Sorry for my absence yesterday. I had a bad day. 

I am thankful for...
The ability to shake off the bad. I usually find if I listen to some good and wholesome music, read some inspirational stuff, watch nice tv, etc. it usually helps. As does prayer. 

In the kitchen ...



On my "To Cook" list ... 


The Girl on Bloor. Chicken Wonton Tacos.  These look fabulous! 

Good to know ... 


I am wanting to create ...



How To Build It. No Sew Curtain Tutorials. 


Crochet 365. Fields and Furrows Blanket. 


Fuzzpot Girl on Flickr.  Cathy Come Home Blanket. Love the colours. 


A Rose Tinted World. Reusable Swifter Cover. 

Polka Dot Chair. Round Trinket Boxes. 

I am reading ... 

 

When We Were Strangers, by Pamela Schoenewldt
"If you leave Opi, you'll die with strangers," Irma Vitale's mother always warned. Even after her beloved mother's passing, 20-year-old Irma longs to stay in her Abruzzo mountain village, plying her needle. But too poor and plain to marry and subject to growing danger in her own home, she risks rough passage to America and workhouse servitude to achieve her dream of making dresses for gentlewomen. In the raw immigrant quarters and with the help of an entrepreneurial Irish serving girl, ribbon-decked Polish ragman and austere Alsatian dressmaker, Irma begins to stitch together a new life . . . until her peace and self are shattered in the charred remains of the Great Chicago Fire. Enduring a painful recovery, Irma reaches deep within to find that she has even more to offer the world than her remarkable ability with a needle and thread  

Looking Forward To ... 
Setting up a new home. My mind is awash with plans. 

Dreaming about ... 


Red work embroidery . . . 


Bird houses  . . . 


Pretty maids all in a row  . . . 


Red and White Cannisters  . . . 


Wooden clothes pegs  . . . 

Something to watch ... 


Wanda Vision on Disney. Thoroughly enjoyed. (My son shared his Disney with me.) 

Makes me smile ... 


Little Bear  . . .  always loved watching the series with my son Bruce. 

One of my favourite things ... 


Vintage Greeting Cards  . . . 

Corners of my kingdom ... 


Luckett Vineyards, Wolfeville 


A thought for the day ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
When you cannot do what
you have always done,
then you do what
matter's most. ~Robert D Hales
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。 
 
 And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!   
  
 
 



































20 comments:

  1. Morning Marie, Sorry yesterday was a bit of a blue day but it’s onwards and upward today....love of all the things to day the red and white embroidery that hen with her chick is adorable......hope and pray that you can soon find a house or a place to rent very soon. I’m sure once you’ve got that you will really begin to settle and put the past behind you...for good.....till then keep smiling, know that we are all behind and routing for you. By for today which is much much warmer than we have had temp is up to 10c. What a change from last week when we hardly got above 0c. Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather is sure to improve here on out Sybil! Thank you! Xoxo

      Delete
  2. Oh...Little Bear!
    I love that show.
    It was my very favorite with all of my children.
    I have so many cozy memories of being snuggled on the couch with my littles following Little Bear, Emily, Duck, Owl, and Hen on their adventures. If life could be so simple toady! I hope today is better for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Billie! I used to love watching all those shows with my children. We spent a lot of time together on our own when they were growing up. I wish life could be simpler also! Xoxo

      Delete
  3. Pinned those wontons..love the blankets:)WE all have days ..all of us..I think..Take care...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to make those wontons Monique! For sure! Xoxo

      Delete
  4. I love vintage greeting cards, too. The blue and red colors in the afghan are striking together. It's a snow day here. We got about 8 or 9 inches. Take care, Marie. Stay safe from the ice storm. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s a lot of snow! It’s bright and sunny here today! Love and hugs!xoxo

      Delete
  5. I'll be enjoying my pancakes today. Time to celebrate !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We enjoyed blueberry buttermilk pancakes! Xoxo

      Delete
  6. Shrove Tuesday, Fat Tuesday, pancakes! Celebrate! xo, V

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those wonton tacos are delicious. Applebee's used to have them here and they are so good. Much love, hang in there - Raquel XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never been to many of those chains like Applebee’s or Olive Garden! I always wished I could go! Love and hugs. Xoxo

      Delete
  8. Hi Marie~

    So sorry about your bad day...we are all allowed. loved all your fun ideas...red embroidery, pretty afghans, vintage canisters, all things I love as well.

    Much love to you my friend XOXOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad to hear you are making plans for your home to be soon...good plan!! Sending hugs,
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the swiffer mop cover idea, but I threw my swiffer away bc it was cracking. I use a Libman mop instead right now.
    I'll have to watch for a sale to buy one again. Lol

    Sorry you had a bad day Marie, but that means happy days are coming. That's my positive thoughts and it goes for me too!

    I haven't been sleeping at night again bc I have way too much on my mind, that just won't go away! Grrr!

    I got another internet Co but somehow someone is using mine and makes it slow sometimes or completely stops til I call the Co again.

    It showed 2 active on mine and 1 the other night, so I shut down my internet at night now! It's sooo frustrating and maddening!

    When I finally get it straightened out, then I'll email you. Just wanted you to know why I haven't yet.

    Stay warm and healthy too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your positive thoughts J! I would be upset if someone was using my internet on the sly! That’s really creepy! I will look forward to your email! Hopefully soon! Love and hugs. Xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!