Thursday 11 February 2021

My favourite things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 

  These are a few of my favourite things. Maybe some of them are your favourites too. It is a good to take your mind off things that are bringing you down and to dwell on the good more often than not. You can admire without wanting. What can I say, I like to look at pretty things!   


Scarves that look like big bows  . . . 


Bunny slippers  . . .  


Attic Bedrooms  . . . 


Daisies  . . . .


Alpine meadows  . . . 


Misty mornings  . . . 


This  . . . . 



Possoms dressed like strawberries  . . . 


Laundry on the line  . . . 
 

Baskets of posies and wildflowers  . . . 


This  . . . 


Deer necklaces  . . .  cute . . . 


Nature  . . . 


Chicken stickers  . . . 


Red shoes  . . .  I had to leave mine behind  . . . just couldn't bring them.   
 

Hares . . .  their faces have such character  . . . 


Pies  . . .  any type, any time, any how  . . . 


A good book to read.  An adventure to fall into  . . . 



Vintage fashions  . . . 


Toadstools  . . .  


Frogs in hats  . . .  cute  . . . 


Pretty Tea Pots  . . .  


Woodland mugs  . . . 


Radish gardening gloves  . . . 


Puffins  . . .  I never did get to see one.

And those are my favourite things for this week. 

I wanted to thank you all for your support yesterday. I was so very disappointed in the outcome. I had gotten my hopes up, so lesson learned!  Never get your hopes up until its a sure thing!  Anyways, my father had given me the phone number a week or so ago of a guy who rents out apartments and I called it.  I have one pretty much lined up for April 1st. He is waiting for this person's family from Ontario to come down and empty it. With covid who knows when that will happen, but lets hope it will happen by then. Its one of those senior's dedicated flat/apartment/duplexes. Two bedrooms, garage, etc.  Pretty much like my dads, maybe a bit larger. Anyways, he is going to hold this place for me. (The rental guy.)  I was probably being pretty naive to think I could buy a house. But you know, I let my dreams get away with me. 65 is probably a bit too old to think about buying a house anyways, unless you have won the lottery.

This will do pig, this will do. 

To be honest its a bit of a relief in a way. Now I should be able to get myself a decent used car. 

Anyways, thank you so very much for all of your kind comments. I am way behind on responding to anything because of my wallow day. But I will get there! I think everyone deserves a wallow day every now and then.  I have been through a tremendous ordeal. To be honest, despite all that, I think I am doing/coping rather well. 

A thought to carry with you . . .
 
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
The worst sin you can commit
is any sin you think you can
get away with.
~David A Bednar •。★★ 。* 。 





In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Creamy Chicken Tarragon Casserole.  Deliciously simple.

Have a great Thursday!  Be happy. Be healthy. Be safe and don't forget! 


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!     
 
 
 


 
























































 

16 comments:

  1. So disappointing for you not to get the house, but when a door closes another one opens. And today you have a possibility of an apartment, which means you can perhaps get a vehicle. Remember, good things come to those that wait. Stay positive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Linda! I've had a lot to cope with over these past months. Uncomplicated is the route I should be taking! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Some things are just not meant to happen, not straight away anyway. More than likely a better house at a better time will turn up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your favorite things. As for the disappointment, it never hurts to dream and if we didn't have rain, there would be no rainbows. Sounds like an ideal situation, hopefully it's in a good area and with a car you will be able to go visit your children, some of them hopefully anyway. From the frozen tundra of OK, much love - Raquel XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its hard enough to buy a house when you have a partner Raquel. I don't know what I was thinking! Its pretty frozen here as well! xoxo

      Delete
  4. You are incredibly resilient, Marie...I doubt many of us would be in even as good of a place emotionally as you seem to be now!! Hang in there...WOW, so quick you have found your spot...I am amazed...let me tell you, we have never found anything without GREAT effort taking weeks, even renting!! We are in the ground floor here but it is 3 stories too...so many people over and around us...would LOVE to find something like you are getting!! Oh wow...enough for a car too...now that sounds great!! Hope it all comes together well. With a car, you will be able to see everyone won't you?
    Hugs, Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My father had given me the telephone number a few weeks ago. I do have to wait until 1 April, but at least it is on the horizon! I will just use what I have saved to buy a good used car I think. I have been saving my earnings from the food blog since I arrived here in Canada. I started to make some half decent money from it at the beginning of December and it now generates a regular income. I am not complaining! xoxo

      Delete
    2. Great news!! SO HAPPY for you!!
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. Loved your favourites especially the attic bedroom, the cute possum, the red shoes and that beautiful hare! Stay safe, stay warm, Marie. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think hares are gorgeous Elaine! You stay safe and warm also. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  6. Oh, gee. I got my hopes up too for you. But, it will all work out the way it’s supposed to....on to the next plan. One day at a time. You can do hard things and I hope you get some new red shoes....and some yellow ones too. xo,V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks V! I think I was dreaming out loud! In any case things always have a way of working out the way they were supposed to! xoxo

      Delete
  7. I think you were meant to go back home to Canada Marie.
    Now you're able to generate money from your business, drive your own car, have your own place and eventually buy a house with a great big kitchen!
    Maybe you will be lucky to get a house that has the laundry room on the main floor.
    That's the 1st thing I did, was put my washer and dryer upstairs bc I don't like cellars. Lol

    Also when covid is gone, you'll be able to visit all your kids and grandkids!
    I'm sooooooo happy for you Marie, that everything is coming together!
    Stay safe and warm!

    It's stinging cold here right now!
    I hate to go outside even to bring the dog potty bc it's sooo freezing cold! Brrr!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!