Tuesday 23 February 2021

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

FOR TODAY, February 23, 2021

Outside my window ...
Its grey and overcast. Raining a bit.  I wonder if March will come in like a lamb or a lion?

I am thinking ...
I have a date today to have lunch with Eileen. I am meeting her at Tim Hortons around noon. Although we talk every day, I have not seen her in person since Boxing Day. This is way out of my comfort zone, but I think/hope we will be safe.

I am thankful for ...
My sister and Dan who have been so gracious to have me here and to tolerate my presence. I know that when you are used to being by yourselves, it can be difficult to have someone suddenly in the middle of you. They have been nothing but kind to me. Love them so much.

In the kitchen ... 



On my "To Cook" list ...  


Maria's Italian Kitchen. Nutella and Hazelnut Rolled Biscotti. 

Good to know ... 


I am wanting to create ... 

 

Just a photo found on Tumblr. But so sweet.  I could not find the original source, so no instructions. A cute pin cushion on wool.  

 

From Crochet Dreamz  A simple Granny Ripple Afghan!   A free pattern. 

 

Quick and Handy Business Card holders.  Love this idea! From Red Heart.  

 

Bunny Tea Cosy from Yarn, Needles & Thread on Etsy. Not free, but not expensive.  Downloadable PDF pattern.  


My sister and I were playing with paint yesterday. We did a YouTube tutorial on some quick little paintings. I had to laugh at mine. Loose painting is so out of my comfort zone. But it was fun to do this together. That was the best part. 

I am reading ... 


The Bear and the Nightingale, by Katherine Arden
Winter lasts most of the year at the edge of the Russian wilderness, and in the long nights, Vasilisa and her siblings love to gather by the fire to listen to their nurse’s fairy tales. Above all, Vasya loves the story of Frost, the blue-eyed winter demon. Wise Russians fear him, for he claims unwary souls, and they honor the spirits that protect their homes from evil.

Then Vasya’s widowed father brings home a new wife from Moscow. Fiercely devout, Vasya’s stepmother forbids her family from honoring their household spirits, but Vasya fears what this may bring. And indeed, misfortune begins to stalk the village.

But Vasya’s stepmother only grows harsher, determined to remake the village to her liking and to groom her rebellious stepdaughter for marriage or a convent. As the village’s defenses weaken and evil from the forest creeps nearer, Vasilisa must call upon dangerous gifts she has long concealed—to protect her family from a threat sprung to life from her nurse’s most frightening tales.
 
The first book in a trilogy.
 
Looking forward to ... 
Lunch today and seeing my girl!  

Dreaming about ... 

 

Colourful edgings  . . . 

 
 
Window Box alternatives via martha stewart . . .    

 

Petty Pink Peonies. Mom loved peonies. 
 
 

The ability to have, wear and be stylish . . . 

 

White on white  . . . 

Something to watch ...


Honour on Britbox.  This was excellent. A true story about an honour killing in the UK. Keeley Hawes was excellent in this.

A Quote for the day ...

  (¯`v´¯)
   `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
              ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
Stop being afraid of what could go wrong,
  Dwell instead on what could go right!  ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..  

Makes me smile ...

 

Pictures of Mitzie always make me smile. They make me cry too, but I guess that is pretty normal when you love someone so very much and you miss them. 

One of my favourite things ... 
 

I loved my cream jug collection. Left them all behind. I hope someone else is getting as much joy out of them now as I did then.

Corners of my kingdom ... 
 

Margaretsville Lighthouse in the snow  . . .   

A thought for the day ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Confidence isn't thinking
you are better than anyone else,
it is realising you have no reason
to compare yourself to anyone else.
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 
 
 And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!   
   
 
 
















11 comments:

  1. Loved your thought for the day. So true. Enjoy your visit with Eileen. It's pretty grey here, too. Time for spring. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine! I had a wonderful time with Eileen, and I think she enjoyed it too! I’m with you, bring on Spring! Love and hugs! Xoxo

      Delete
  2. Love that blouse and tweedie top..How nice to have someone to paint with..
    Enjoy lunch with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique! I really enjoyed painting with Cindy and my lunch with Eileen! Xoxo

      Delete
  3. Thoughtful words. Thought provoking words. Thank you.
    Have a most delightful time with your darling daughter. V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much V! I did have a wonderful time! Xoxo

      Delete
  4. Oppss...crazy computer grabbed my comment...but here is the rest: We like the xylitol gum by Spry in called Fresh Fruit...tastes kind of like Juicy Fruit. No sugar.
    Sending hugs, Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, apparently part A was eaten somewhere...but I am glad to hear that your time with your daughter went well!! I was saying that we chew some xylitol gum when exposed to others as it kills germs in the throat...besides is ok for diabetics and tastes good too!! I hope you stay well, Marie.
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay Elizabeth, you made up for it. I will have to look for xylitol gum. I love fresh pepperminty flavours. Love and hugs. You stay well also! xoxo

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you had a great time with your daughter Eileen!
    It's great your making memories with your sister Cindy too!
    Oh my gosh, I have a ruffled blouse like that in cranberry striped and a tweed jacket that's tan! It only has 2 pockets though. My daughter doesn't like ruffled blouses so it safely hangs in my closet and nobody can come in my house yet! Lol
    Stay safe, healthy and warm Marie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good to be back with my sister again J. We have only lived close to each other a few times since we became adults and of course she and her oldest daughter lived with us for about six months when I lived in Calgary. I love her so much and she has always been my best friend no matter how much distance was between us. You stay healthy and warm also! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!