Tuesday 19 March 2019

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 
FOR TODAY, March 19, 2019

Outside my window ...
The sun is already up and the birds are singing. Our clocks have not gone ahead yet. They won't until the end of the month.  

It looks like it is going to be another gloomy and dismal day. The flower pots look so sad, but the birds in the window look nice. I finally got some invisible string.  You can just catch a glimpse of the forsythia off towards the end of the garden.

I am thinking ...
Why did we never watch Lost when it was originally on the television?  Just catching up with it now on Prime.  We are hooked. 

I am thankful for ...
Two good sons and a brother who are fine examples of the male species. 

One of my favourite things ... 

 

My dollhouse  . . . 

In the kitchen ... 

Lemon Yogurt Muffins 

Lemon Yogurt Muffins, small batch, adapted from a recipe by the late Marion Cunningham. 


On my "To Cook" list ...


Half Baked Harvest, Chipotle Braised Chicken Nachos.  I adore nachos.  


Good to know ... 


The Happier Homemaker, simmering pot house freshener fragrance.  


I am creating ... 


I made her a Cherry Pie.  Its a bottle cap filled with red beads with a felt topping.  



Sew Into Vintage.  Lavendar Sachets made from vintage linens.  


Lullaby Lodge. Bobble Edging Tutorial.  


Knot Garden, Stripes.  


I finished another blanket. I think I like the colours in this one most of all. 

Oh my goodness ... 

Dad's Cookies 

Dad's Cookies.  I am happy I only made half a batch  . . . true confession. 

I am reading ... 

 

Hurricane Season, by Lauren K Denton
Betsy and Ty Franklin, owners of Franklin Dairy Farm in southern Alabama, have long since buried their desire for children of their own. While Ty manages their herd of dairy cows, Betsy busies herself with the farm’s day-to-day operations and tries to forget her dream of motherhood. But when her free-spirited sister, Jenna, drops off her two young daughters for “just two weeks,” Betsy’s carefully constructed wall of self-protection begins to crumble.

As the two weeks stretch deeper into the Alabama summer, Betsy and Ty learn to navigate the new additions in their world—and revel in the laughter that now fills their home. Meanwhile, record temperatures promise to usher in the most active hurricane season in decades.

Attending an art retreat four hundred miles away, Jenna is fighting her own battles. She finally has time and energy to focus on her photography, a lifelong ambition. But she wonders how her rediscovered passion can fit in with the life she’s made back home as a single mom.

When Hurricane Ingrid aims a steady eye at the Alabama coast, Jenna must make a decision that will change her family’s future, even as Betsy and Ty try to protect their beloved farm and their hearts. Hurricane Season is the story of one family’s unconventional journey to healing—and the relationships that must be mended along the way.

I am looking forward to ...
The Sister Missionaries are coming again this afternoon with our friend Leslie to teach. Leslie is getting baptised on Saturday next.  Todd and I are both giving talks at the Baptism, so I have that to write now.

Dreaming about ...


Bungalow Cottage, but not that colour  . . .  love the trim and the door and the arched windows . . .

  

Smeg . . .  and look at that floor. 


A bowl full of linens  . . . 

  

Bees flitting from flower to flower to flower  . . .  


Pretty pajamas  . . . 

Makes  me smile ... 

  

Sweet smile, but wrong team.  🙌 


And this.  They will be lifelong friends. 

Something to watch ... 


I know I am way behind the world on this, but I am loving it. 

A thought to carry with you  ...

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
The best way out
is always through.
~Robert Frost  •。★★ 。* 。


  

Also this  . . . 

Corners of my kingdom ... 


Bateman's near Burwash in Sussex. This was Rudyard Kipling's home.  Been to it many times.  It is now owned by the National Trust. It is a fascinating and thoroughly enjoyable home to visit.

And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   


8 comments:

  1. We loved Lost. We binge watched several times - it is a long series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We like long series. We tend to go through them very quickly, so something which lasts suits us to a "T" Dee! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Love your new blankie and doll:) Such cute things! Have a lovely day Marie:) never got into Lost..never tried..and we don't binge watch so it would take a long time.Just watched season 1 of Tin Star..Mehhhh..bloody,violent,weird,a few characters that wreck all credibility of the show..in a corny bad acting way..so..meh..I thought Tim Roth would be the ticket but he is hard to like.It's really a bad mix of grit and weird with nonsense.Gratuitous violence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does really play an unlikeable character. We are watching the second series of it and believe it or not it is a lot better than the first one. I actually like it much better. So far not as violent as the first, but still . . . I like Tim Roth in Lie to Me. He's a good actor. xoxo

      Delete
  3. I didn't like Monsieur Gagnon at all nor his rep I think she was on Mad Men? Never watched that either..Yes Lie To me..okay..:)
    I want him to be in something I am over the moon about:)Becsause he is a great actor IMHO..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither did I! Oddly enough! Nasty characters! I agree Tim Roth is a great actor and he deserves to be in something much better! xoxo

      Delete
  4. So many ideas; so little time!! Your blanket looks so lovely!! Thanks for sharing so much here!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!