Tuesday 12 March 2019

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 
FOR TODAY, March 12, 2019

Outside my window ...
Its raining, its pouring, the old man is snoring. Literally! He won't be up for at least another 3 hours! 
I am thinking ... 
 Be kind. It costs nothing. You never know the battles others have faced or are facing.

I am thankful for ...
The Gospel in my life.  It gives me strength, courage, joy, peace, purpose and so much more.  
One of my favourite things ... 
  
Crocheting.  It is a mindless activity that you can do wherever you are. I am so grateful for a Sister that taught me how.  Happy memories of she, my mother and myself sitting on the sofa in our living room learning together. 
In the kitchen ... 
Dilled Cucumber Spears 
Dilled Cucumber Spears. Quick, easy, crisp and delicious.  
On my "To Cook" list ... 
Jenny Can Cook.  Multi-grain No Knead Bread.  Looks great!  
Good to know ... 
I am creating ... 
  
Dot Pebbles Knits.  Snowy Owl Pattern.  Not free, but not expensive.  Unusual.  

New Crafts Works, how to's.  
Hello Happy Shop.  Free pattern for a flower scarf.  Crochet.

I couldn't find a source, but what a cute Idea!  I suspect this is washi tape.  
  
Smart School House.  Bunny Lolly Pops.  Cute! DIY

Oh My Goodness ... 
It shouldn't work together, but it does.  TOO well if you get my drift! 
I am reading ... 
  
Hurricane Season, by Lauren K Denton
Betsy and Ty Franklin, owners of Franklin Dairy Farm in southern Alabama, have long since buried their desire for children of their own. While Ty manages their herd of dairy cows, Betsy busies herself with the farm’s day-to-day operations and tries to forget her dream of motherhood. But when her free-spirited sister, Jenna, drops off her two young daughters for “just two weeks,” Betsy’s carefully constructed wall of self-protection begins to crumble.

As the two weeks stretch deeper into the Alabama summer, Betsy and Ty learn to navigate the new additions in their world—and revel in the laughter that now fills their home. Meanwhile, record temperatures promise to usher in the most active hurricane season in decades.

Attending an art retreat four hundred miles away, Jenna is fighting her own battles. She finally has time and energy to focus on her photography, a lifelong ambition. But she wonders how her rediscovered passion can fit in with the life she’s made back home as a single mom.

When Hurricane Ingrid aims a steady eye at the Alabama coast, Jenna must make a decision that will change her family’s future, even as Betsy and Ty try to protect their beloved farm and their hearts. Hurricane Season is the story of one family’s unconventional journey to healing—and the relationships that must be mended along the way.

I am looking forward to ...
The Sister Missionaries are coming over this afternoon to teach a lady that they have taught here before. Its always nice to have them in our home.

Dreaming about ... 


Pink and pewter  . . . 

  

Pink and gold  . . . 



Pink and grey  . . . 
  

Pink and ruffles  . . . 


  


Pink and green  . . . 

Makes me smile ... 


This sweet, sweet family  . . . 

Something to watch ... 

  

Line of Duty on Netflix.  Seriously good. We are rewatching them getting ready for series 5 which will be airing on the 31st March on the BBC. Can't wait! 

A thought to carry with you  ...

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
You have not failed
until you quit trying ...
~Gordon B Hinckley•。★★ 。* 。 

Corners of my kingdom ... 


Hever Castle, Kent.  The childhood home of Anne Boleyn.  Been there many times.  Its fascinating with stunning gardens, a castle to explore, a maze, and so much more. 


And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   

 
 


 


12 comments:

  1. Hi, Marie! How lovely the image of you, your sister and your Mom sitting together and crochething. :) Those dilly cukes look sooo yummy! I just love pickles. The no-knead bread--YUM! How beautiful that crochet scarf with the flowers--love that! The book you're currently reading sounds good, interesting family-style drama. LOVE all the pink in the photos towards the end of your post. Hope you have a good week, my friend... LOVE YOU LOTS!! :)) ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a cherished memory Tracy. My mom did sort of master it, but she always liked knitting much better! I love Pink! Come to think of it most of my clothes are pink! Love and hugs to you, TJ and Luna! Love you to bits also! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Love your daybooks, Marie! We are rainy here too. Keith LOVES that popcorn mix, we get it at Sam's and he likes to have some every night while watching telly. Loving all the pinks today.((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its very easy to over-indulge with that Popcorn Raquel! I only ever very rarely have it in the house for that reason! Love and hugs! xoxo

      Delete
  3. We love Line Of Duty!!
    That scarf..ohmygoodnesscute.
    The book sounds good too..haven't been reading..
    I will again..
    Being around a young happy smiling family is a dose of feel good medecine..It's lovely seeing the beginning..as we are more than midway..

    Have always loved pink and green..
    Have a good day Marie:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've been doing some lovely paintings Monique! I am waiting for a bit of free time so I can keep on top of that course before I take it! I love this sweet young family. They cheer my heart! We thought we would catch up with the last series of Line of Duty before the next one starts. Its excellent! Hope your day is equally blessed! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Speaking of gathering stitches more easily...when I took Home Ec in high school and college, no instructions told how to gather this way. They said to put gathering stitches at the 2 or 3 eighths and at 4 eighths, then sew the seam as usual at 5 eighths. I did that ONCE. It never made sense to me and it did not come out well either. But when I put gathering stitches at 4 eighths and 6 eighths, and sewed down the middle at 5 eights, all was well. Finally, many years later, I did see some patterns start telling to do this way too. And of course, I am sure there may be other good ideas out now too. (Though following patterns today can be a nightmare as most are written overseas by someone who does not speak English as their first language...some I have had were written entirely backwards...making sewing less than fun.) Lots of other fun stuff here you shared too!!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth! I have always loved sewing. In high school I sewed most of my own clothes. Love and hugs! xoxo

      Delete
  5. you know I love all dear Marie, I had some crazy days...
    oh well finally Im here, Line of duty is something I would love to see, the twins can't wait to see the finally of Games of Thrones , I c an't talk when they see!!! Send you hugs and love, xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy days happen to us all Gloria! I can't wait to see Game of Thrones as well. It will be the final season to the story! Love and hugs to you! xoxo

      Delete
  6. I love the photo of the castle of Anne Boleyn. We just had a speaker last night that talked about her briefly. I haven’t ever read the history on her but it sounded fascinating.
    You have a way of sparking my interests in your posts. Back to my love for crocheting; I want to start up again. It is a fun thing to do. I just need someone like you to show me how to do a pattern. I can’t follow them well but can learn by wathing someone do it.
    I loved the photo on Ear Reflexology. I must learn more about it. I used to pinch an area of my ear to help with migraines and I do think it helped.
    I haven’t sewed for so long that I’m not sure I could. I did like the idea of making a cute apron, however.
    I’m always up for popcorn.
    Your books always sound intriquing. I always want to know how it ends.
    Your Dreaming about area is one of my favorite because our tastes are the same. I must blog on my china sometime. Those plates you showed are lovely.
    The photo of the little famliy is adorable. I’m so happy you have these good friends.
    Another great post!
    Big hugs for you!! .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you lived closer LeAnn, I would try to help you with the croche for sure! I am not surprised we have similar likes! We are kindred spirits. Love and hugs to you! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!