Friday 1 March 2019

My Friday Finds . . .

 
 

A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become . . . maybe they will do the same for you!     


Crochet N Create.  Granny Chevron Stitch.  



Cashmere & Plaid. DIY Twine Scrubbing Pad.  This is a great idea! 

  

LilyElla.  Reusable Tea Bags.  DIY.




The Art of Doing Stuff.  Beeswax Fabric Food Wraps.   



Martha Stewart.  Oilcloth Lunch bags.  



Delia Creates.  Produce bags out of old t-shirts.  




Mommypotamus, from recyled t-shirts.    


Vicky Myers Creations.  Fabric Twine. 
 
 
 
DIY Origami Trash Can Liner from a sheet of newspaper.  
 
 
  
 
Fibre Flux Blog.  Free pattern/tutorial video on how to make this fab Arugula Scarf. 
 
 
 
Bless This Mess Please.  Homemade Subway Bread.  Worth a try.   

 
  
 
The Stitching Scientist.  Free Pattern for a toddlers peasant dress.  
 
 
 
Inspiration only.  Stitched over fabric.  

 
  
 
Paper Kawaii.  Chinese Thread Book, Video Tutorial. 
 
 
Art Journalist.  Water Colour Basics.  
 
 

A pretty cake to admire, no more, no less.  I could not find a source.  This would take some considerable piping skills.  You wouldn't want to eat it and destroy all that work!   



Scintillation on Ravelry. Not free. Knitted Stars.  Wish I could master this type of knitting. 



No pattern but aren't they cute.  Rainy Day Mittens. 

  

Megan Goodacre. Knitted leaves. 


 
No source, but inspiration only.  Christmas Matchbox Scenes.  I love doing things with matchboxes.
 
And those are my finds for this week.  I hope there was something here to inspire you! 
 
A thought to carry with you  . . . 
  
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Success is liking yourself,
liking what you do, and
liking how you do it!
~Maya Angelou  •。★★ 。* 。 
 

Fresh Fruit Compote 
 
In the kitchen today  . . .  A Simple Fruit Compost.  You can use any fruit, fresh or frozen.  This is a fabulously tasty way to start or end your day. 
 

Have a wonderful Friday.  I hope you spend it doing something you love.  Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too! 
 

 





6 comments:

  1. Hi, Marie! Happy March! March already... can you believe it?! LOVE those fabric reusable tea bags--I'll be making some of those! ;) I remember when LilyElla just made/sold jewerly on Etsy, fun to she's grown into fabric-related crafts. Love the reusable bags--great and pretty ideas. I've crocheted that Arugula scarf many times--great for gift-giving! That highly decorated cake is AMAZING... wow... Those knitted stars are so cute... Not sure I'd be able to get those, as I'm hopeless with dpns... LOL! Delicious fruit compot... mmm... Hope you all have a WONDERFUL weekend there! MUCH LOVE to you, Todd and sweet Mitzie! ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ive only just discovered her Tracy! I hope you are having a wonderful day and are in for a beautiful weekend! Love and hugs to you all! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hi Marie, lovely finds, but my favourite is definitely the cake, no surprise there then!!!!

    Back from London after seeing the consultant and my foot is doing really well. I'm still on my crutches and a lot of rest for another four weeks but hopefully that will be it.

    I can't believe it's March today, where does the time go???

    Have a lovely day, lot's of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so pleased that your foot is doing so well Kate! That's great news! I hear we are in for some high winds this weekend. Sounds like March is going to come in like a Lion! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  3. Have a good weekend Marie..cute cute Finds as always:)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Monique! Hope you have a lovely weekend also! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!