Wednesday 6 March 2019

The Simple Woman's Daybook

 

FOR TODAY, March 6th, 2019 

Outside my window ...
Its windy and rainy.  March is coming in like a Lion for sure.  Yesterday was a mix of both rain and sunshine, and the weekend was absolutely wet/windy/rainy.  I don't mind. If it comes in like a lamb it will go out like a lion. 

I am thinking ... 
Sorry about yesterday. I just couldn't face writing anything.  I had a huge decision to make and I wanted to ponder it all out without distraction. Decision made.

I am thankful for ...
Birdsong.  There is a robin out in the garden now.  The sun is just coming up and he is singing his little heart out. What a beautiful start to the day. 

One of my favourite things ... 


Popcorn.  Don't really like the husks, but love the popcorn. We had an air popper when the kids were growing up and popcorn was a frequent snack in our house! 

In the kitchen ... 

 Stuffed Brined Pork Chops 

Stuffed Brined Pork Chops.  I share my secret for producing the tender, juciest chops ever.  The stuffing takes them over the top! 

On my "To Cook" list ... 


Waitrose.  Fruity Earl Grey Tea Loaf. I have always loved shopping at Waitrose. They also have the best recipes. 

Good to know ... 



Imperfectly Happy Homesteading.  Shampoo Bars.  I would like to try this sometime. 



I am creating ... 


Green Brimmed Hat, Lori Puthoff on Ravelry.  



Sewrella.  Simple crochet house slippers.  Cute!  



Harpster Home.  Tutorial on how to make a handkerchief bunting.  




Quilting Digest.  Portable change mat.  Complete tutorial.  



Drops Design.  Free pattern for this lovely jacket.  

Oh My Goodness ...  


One of my many weaknesses.  I usually buy the two finger ones, and Todd and I will split one. One finger each.  A real treat!  

I am reading ... 

 

The Woman in the Window, A J Finn
What did she see?

It's been ten long months since Anna Fox last left her home. Ten months during which she has haunted the rooms of her old New York house like a ghost, lost in her memories, too terrified to step outside.

Anna's lifeline to the real world is her window, where she sits day after day, watching her neighbours. When the Russells move in, Anna is instantly drawn to them. A picture-perfect family of three, they are an echo of the life that was once hers.

But one evening, a frenzied scream rips across the silence, and Anna witnesses something no one was supposed to see. Now she must do everything she can to uncover the truth about what really happened. But even if she does, will anyone believe her? And can she even trust herself?

I am looking forward to ...
Teaching my RS lesson  this Sunday. It is based on a talk entitled Wounded by Elder Neil L Anderson. I am in tears as I am preparing it.  I hope I can get through it when I am teaching without blubbering all over the place.  This talk/lesson was meant for me definitely.

Dreaming about ... 

  
Rose covered quilts  . . . 


Pretty in pink  . . .  


  

Vintage Cake Tins  . . .  mom never had anything as special as this . . .  




Warm summer days  . . .  and butterflies  . . .  


  

Cherry season  . . . 

Makes me smile ... 


It looks like a real Peter Rabbit  . . . 

Something to watch ... 

  

This was excellent! 

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Look for something positive
in each day,
even if some days you
need to look a little harder.
~unknown  •。★★ 。* 。 


Corners of my Kingdom ... 


A photo I took of Big Ben when we were down in London for the Turkey Awards about 7 years ago now!  Can't believe its been that long!  It was such an exciting weekend.  Filled with "pinch me" moments.

 
And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   
 









9 comments:

  1. Have a great day! We narely..(never) go to movies and never rent..so it will be a while:)before I see BR:)
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't rent or go either. I borrowed a copy from a friend who had bought it. It was a really good film! Excellent! xo

      Delete
  2. Hi Marie, I'm reading the same book (at your recommendation). I just got it out of the library yesterday. Only just started it but it's hard to put down. Your little Peter Rabbit is adorable. It's another very cold day here but warmer for the weekend. Take gentle care. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you continue to enjoy it Elaine! Its a cracker of a book for sure! God bless! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Good mornings! I'm a frequent visitor, but being a reluctant cook with ZERO craft skills - a poor commenter. That vintage cake tin looks just like one my grandmother kept in her farm kitchen. Sweet! I'm going to check out that book by AJ Finn … how intriguing it sounds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH I would surely love to have one of those cake tins Mevely! And welcome to commenting! Nice to finally meet you as it were! You will love the book! xoxo

      Delete
  4. ah well a lot of favorites Marie. I love cherries, so much. I love kit kat too (delicious) and these beautiful quilts !
    I have to see bohemian rhapsody! I love Freddy Mercury!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are going to simply adore the film GLoria! The lead actor does such a wonderful job, in fact you would be hard pressed to tell really that it wasn't the real Queen band most of the time! xoxo

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed every part of your Daybook entry. I think I need to do one again soon. I have had a continued writers block for some reason. I guess I shouldn’t have taken a break.
    I love popcorn and I was having it so much that i had to slow down abit. They used to say it might cause appendicitis.
    I am super excited about your Pork Chop Recipe. My husband will love it and maybe be the one to cook it; thank you. Most of the time my pork chops are too dry.
    The hat and slippers are adorable. I don’t think I look good in hats; but I do love them. I love how the English love their hats.
    I see another book to put on my ever growing book list. I am so far behind in reading.
    I love your Dreaming about area. I loved every one those today. I wonder if it is OK to covet.
    I would have loved to have been a lady bug on the wall and heard your listen. I am going to read this talk. I can just imagine what a powerful teacher you are.
    Blessings, hugs and lots of thoughts of you today!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!