Thursday 21 March 2019

My Favourite Things . . .


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 

A few of the things which catch my eye, inspire me, pluck at my heart strings, make me smile, or that I just enjoy.  Maybe they will do the same for you.    


When we were at school, we had to memorise poetry.  I remember memorising this one and it was always one of my favourites.  Do children still have to memorise poetry?  I wonder. 


Bunnies  . . .  especially baby ones  . . .  baby anything really.  


  

Linen napkins  . . . 


   

Pretty flats  . . .  



Rose covered arbours  . . . . 


  

Sink Skirts  . . . 


Pink roses  . . .  can't wait! 


  

Anything bluebird  . . . 



Up the Hill on instagram. The most beautiful embroideries.  


  

 Animal dolls  . . .  so cute  . . . 



Vintage Typograpy  . . . . 


  

Cups with secrets in the bottom . . . .



Ripe pears are my favourite fruit, followed closely by nectarines  . . . and berries. Ohh, watermelon, canteloupe . . .  pineapple.  Fruit.  I just love fruit.  




Vintage kitchen ceramics  . . .  especially fruity ones  . . . 


  

Window boxes  . . . . 



My glass birds  . . . .  my heart sings whenever I spy them . . .


  


The colours in my new blanket  . . .  love this one most of all of all the blankets I have done  . . . 


 

Macaroni and Cheese from scratch.  My own homemade. Yum.  Haven't had it in a while. 



Robins egg cake (from Country Living)  To me this is the most beautiful cake ever . . . 



Twin Beds  . . .  love ours . . .  we each have our own space. Nobody hogs the covers . . . 


  


Children's verses  . . .  love them . . . 



Homemade shortbreads  . . . 


  

Garden fresh beans  . . .  I'm going to plant some in tubs again this year.  So good  . . . 



Wool blankets  . . . 


  

Proper red hair  . . . 

And those are my favourite things for this week!  



We had such a great time with Tina and Tony yesterday!  This is a photo of them on their recent trip to SA. Those are rescue baby elephants. Magnificent.  We took Mitzie with us, as she just adores Tina and the feeling is mutual. Tina had made a fabulous stew.  I got Tony all sorted with his Netflix so now they can watch it on their telly, no problem.  It was just a really wonderful afternoon.  It cheered me up to no end! 

A thought to carry with you . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
In the end, only three things matter;
how much you loved,  how gently you lived,
and how gracefully you let go of the
things not meant for you.
~Buddha   •。★★ 。* 。  


Chicken Cordon Bleu Sliders

In the kitchen today  . . .  Chicken Cordon Bleu Sliders. Seriously yummy, small batch.  Quick and easy as well.


Hope you have a beautiful day.  Love and be loved! Don't forget!  
 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   




8 comments:

  1. Don't you find helping someone lifts us up so much?
    My best feelings emanate from that..The times I have helped someone:)
    Like a computer thing..or visits..things like that.

    Gld you had your most recent best day ever:)You need those.
    Love the embroidery..following her now..I will send you one I love too..
    Your blanket..me too love the colors.
    Have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are right Monique. Helping someone always lifts the spirits. Its nice to feel useful! I look forward to getting your link! A beautiful day to you! xoxo

      Delete
  2. So glad your day with friends was so good!! Very encouraging to hear!!! Your friends are very courageous taking a trip like that one.
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH yes, they were Elizabeth. Both are in their mid 70's. Tina was born in Zimbawe when it was Rhodesia, and Tony is a native Welshman, but moved to Rhodesia as a young man. They've lived all over the world, including Australia. Retired here in the UK as they say it is the cheapest place to live. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hi Marie, I think your favourite things are my favourite things, too. Loved that little bunny all dressed up in her Easter finery. Glad you had such a wonderful time with Tina and Tony. Did you see Susan's new post? Always lovely to read, as usual. Take gentle care, hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I caught it this morning Elaine! Haven't commented yet. I am gathering my thoughts! love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  4. Oh my, this was really a lovely moment of looking slowly through all of your favorite things. I enjoyed all of them.
    I would buy those flowered flats for sure.
    I enjoy using linen napkins and have a few sets but not as cute as these.
    I can’t wait to start seeing some flowers blooming. We are still in a very late winter type weather pattern. Spring is slow in coming.
    The little blue bird just reminded me of the film Cinderella for a moment.
    You already know my love for tea cups. I must post some photos of mine at some point.
    Your crocheted blanket is so beautiful.
    The Robin Egg cake is really lovely.
    The one photo really brought back a memory of snapping green beans with my Grandmother. I will always miss the moments I had with her.
    Really loved seeing the sweet photo of your friends; Tina and Tony. I’m happy you had a precious moment with them.
    Sendin loving thoughts and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love that film Cinderella when I was a child LeAnn! Mind you I loved all the Disney cartoons and films! Love and hugs to you! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!