Monday 18 March 2019

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 
 
"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard  

A few of the small and wonderful things from the past week which brought untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best. 
 
 
 
I have days where I literally have to force myself to look for the good things in my life, where I struggle just to stay upright and to keep moving forward, and I don't mean that physically, although I struggle with that sometimes too.  The latter is much easier to deal with, its the emotional and mental baggage that tends to drag me down from time to time. Those are the days that I literally have to hand everything over to the Saviour because I just can't handle it on my own, and I am grateful that I have enough faith and enough knowledge to be able to do just that . . .   
 
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; 
for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
~Matthew 11:29


 
There are days when I struggle to find my blessings, even though I know that they are there. Days that I just want to go back to bed and pull the covers over my head and start all over again.  I don't give in to those feelings, as much as I would like to. Some days the only blessing I can find is that I somehow keep putting one foot in front of the other and moving forward. Time stands still for no-one.  Progress doesn't happen by standing still because life is going to go on whether you go on with it or not.  The blessings are there just waiting for you to acknowledge them.  Some days its very easy to dwell on them, and your cup runneth over, and yet other days you feel like your well is running dry.  Even if you are having a day where you can find only a scrap of a blessing, take note . . .  a scrap is something, and better than nothing  . . . 
 
 
Sometimes I allow myself to be overcome by the "What if's."  Its an easy thing to do  . . .  to find ourselves dwelling on what if the worst happens.  When I start to have those thoughts, I can feel overwhelmed and forsaken . . . dragged down by all the negative what ifs.  Some days it takes all of my energy to slam the door on the negative and turn my face to the positive, but I know that if I don't do just that,  then I am wasting a precious day of life that will never come again, and so I make myself think of the positive"What if's."  
  
 
  
 
 
I remind myself that there IS always a way, and that if I can just get myself through today, tomorrow will be brighter and better . . . and that the things I find hard to do today, to see today  . . . . won't matter half as much as they do right now and I will feel all the better for having conquered them.  

 
 
This  . . .  just this  . . . 
 
  
 
This too  . . . 
 
 
Lately I have felt a little bit like I am drowning.  I have had a lot to deal with I guess.  And yet as I say that, I am ashamed to feel that way because I know that there are a lot of people out there who are dealing with a lot worse than the things I am.  I need to try to be more patient with myself. This too shall pass, and knowing that helps, sometimes only a tiny bit, and sometimes a lot  . . .  

 
 
He knows how I feel and then some  . . . it is unfathomable and yet, it just is . . .  so grateful for that.  Holding on for dear life and grateful that I have my faith to help me through the rough patches.  

 
  
 
Keeping it in perspective.
 

 Curried Chicken & Coconut Rice Casserole

Cooking in The English Kitchen today . . .  Curried Chicken & Coconut Rice Casserole.  Simple, easy and delicious.  
 

Have a wonderful Monday.  I hope your week ahead is filled with plenty of small and wonderful things. Don't forget!  
 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
 
  
And I do too!  



10 comments:

  1. You have a great outlook on life..and your faith..your faith is so strong..you can get through everything:) Bonne journée Marie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes we need to rely more on our faith than we do at other times. Right now I am being carried. Thank goodness for it! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Lots of love to you. I understand feeling like your drowning. Thank goodness for prayer and the passage of time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Anna. They are great blessings in my life. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Some of us have more reasons to be sad than happy...and some days we are more successful than others at being ok. Today I was not in good fettle but now in the afternoon I am feeling better. Our emotions are not wrong, though how we deal with them might be...we can control our actions. And it is enough. Deal gently with yourself, dear Marie!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth. Its not the problem that weighs you down for sure, but the way you choose to handle it! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hi Marie, hang in there. Please don't despair. No matter our situation there is always hope. Remember you are loved. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine. Tomorrow is always a new day. xoxo

      Delete
  5. Oh my sweet friend, I know exactly how you feel and I remember years ago one of the General Authorities said it was Ok to have down days just not waller in it for too long. I think that we even may learn from those down moments. I know that it forces me to my knees to pray and plead more. I think it is OK to go back to bed and pull the covers up and just sleep a bit more or just have a very lazy day. I really need those sometimes.
    I also liked your thought of being more patient with ourselves. I have a struggle with that one.
    Life really is all about learning and using our agency well and choosing not to stay in a down state for too long.
    Sending prayers, and lots of love and hugs! May your week ahead be a sweet one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LeAnn. They do say that what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Love you, blessings, hugs and prayers my sweet friend, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!