Tuesday 8 January 2019

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 
FOR TODAY, January 8th, 2018

Outside my window ...
Its dark and cold. No birds singing yet, but the wind from yesterday has died down. 
I am thinking ...
I have so much on my plate these next few weeks.  Trying a new Diet food plan for the food blog. Prepping a lesson for Relief Society this Sunday, preparing a talk for Sacrament meeting the week after, daily scripture study, posters for RS, bulletin board for the Ward mission leader's wife.  I haven't even started on my lesson yet.  Its going to be based on this talk by Ronald A Rasband, Be Not Troubled
I am thankful ...

  
Puppy Dog kisses  . . .  love her so much.  She is so loyal and loving. What would I do without her?  She doesn't really kiss or lick.  But she does like to gently nudge you with her nose.
One of my favourite things ...
Sitting on the sofa in the evenings with Todd, Mitzie snuggled down in between us. We are family  . . .   
In the kitchen ... 
Tomato, Avocado & Pancetta on Toast 
On my "To Cook" list ...

 Cuisine Actualle.  Amandines . . . really tasty looking almond tarts. 

Good to know ... 
  
Happy Money Saver.  Its worth a try.  
I am creating ... 
DIY Needlecase.  By Handwerke Juffie.  Its in dutch but there is a page translator.  
Your Crochet, Patchwork throw. Love the pastel colours in this.   

Good to know, Knitted Bunting.  
One Skein Headband Knitting pattern from Brome Fields.   



Free Printable Valentine Tickets. 

Oh my goodness  ...


Malteser Buttons  . . .  you can't eat just one.

I am reading ... 

 

The House Between Tides, by Sarah Maine
"Following the deaths of her last living relatives, Hetty Deveraux leaves her strained marriage behind in London and returns to her ancestral home, a crumbling estate in Scotland's Outer Hebrides, with the intention of renovating and reselling it as a hotel, much to the dismay of the locals. As she dives headfirst into the repairs, she discovers human remains beneath a rotting floorboard in the basement, with few physical clues to identify the body. Who was this person? And why the makeshift grave?

Hungry for answers, Hetty sets out to unravel the estate's secret--and those of its former inhabitants, including Beatrice Blake, a woman who moved there a century ago with her husband Theo, a famous painter who seemed to be more interested in Cameron, a young local man, than his own wife. Following whispered rumors and a handful of leads, Hetty soon discovers that no one knows exactly what happened to Beatrice, only that her actions have reverberated throughout history, affecting Hetty's present in startling ways"

I do love a good mystery!

Looking Forward to ...
Getting the craft room sorted and getting back to painting/crafting, etc.

Dreaming about ... 


Vanity tables  . . . 


  

Cabbage roses  . . . 


 A happy mix of patterns  . . .  


  

Sweet, sweet linens  . . . 



Pink notions  . . . 

Something to watch ...

  

Haven't seen it yet, but have heard its very good  . . . 

Makes me smile ... 


Another new post from Susan Branch.Two weeks in a row.  Life is good.  

A Quote for the day ...

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Complaining about a problem
without posing a solution
is called whining.
~Teddy Roosevelt  •。★★ 。* 。 

Corners of my Kingdom ... 


Castle Howard is a stately home in North Yorkshire.  One of the grandest private residences in Britain, most of it was built between 1699 and 1712 for the 3rd Earl of Carlisle, to a design by Sir John Vanbrugh. Castle Howard has been the home of part of the Howard family for more than 300 years. It is familiar to television and movie audiences as the fictional "Brideshead Revisited"

And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   

10 comments:

  1. Hi, Marie! Bless you my friend, as you go about making much ready for church doings.... and very exciting with your new diet focus for your food blog! So happy to see the lovely Mitzie! Our Luna does nudges too--or rather headbutts. She butts your leg with her head demanding instant cuddles! We are happy to oblige! ;) Those Amandines look dangerously good. It's a good thing we can't get Maltesers here, or those Button--LOVE those... too good! How CUTE that flower-like needlecase. That knitted bunting is very pretty. I often see crochted bunting, but would like to try this knitted alternative--fun! Oooo--those "sweetheart" embroidered sheets are sooo beautiful! Must pop over to Susan Branch's--love her site and art! Your new reading sounds a good mystery! Wishing you all there a GREAT new week! :) LOVE YOU HEAPS!! ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see you doing the knitted bunting Tracy. It is so you, and so your home! Love and hugs to you! oxox

      Delete
  2. Loved Emily Blnt's whole look at the GG and Jack Ryan looked great too:)

    Awww..the Globes..some keep getting younger but so different looking..
    You do have a lot on your plate..You'll get it all done:)
    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will Monique! I am sure. I did not watch the GG's. I used to watch all those shows when I lived in North America, but the time difference here means it is in the middle of the night! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I loved that Rasband talk. In fact, you've inspired me to read it or watch it again. Wish you the best in preparing and teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are never boring on this blog, Marie!! So whatever you do, no doubt you are interesting anyway!! By the way, it is not wrong to say "no" to requests to do things in church you know. Only do what you feel comfortable doing I say!! And the main way I think you are so fortunate? Your lovely doggie!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know, but I am a person who has a really difficult time saying not to anyone! Oh yes, our lovely doggie brings me much joy! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  5. Hi Marie~

    You do have your plate full my friend! It seems like just when you think you will get a break...you don't! I am going to listen to, Elder Rasband's talk again, he's one of my favorite Apostles, and I loved this talk, it has such a good message.

    I love all of your cute finds today. I can't believe that Valentine's Day is just a month away, sure indication of Spring. I love all of the beautiful, romantic, pink floral patterns...dishes, bedding, all so beautiful.

    The book looks good, I'm always looking for something good to read! And, yes, I've heard that the new, Mary Poppins is really good. Bob and I like to go to the matinee, it's so much cheaper, and very few people there during the week. This might be one we go to!

    Mitzie is so cute! I've been watching my poor old dog looking older by the day, he's such a good boy, but I know he is in pain, and not much I can do about it. He will be missed when he goes... :0(

    Gorgeous part of the world you live in!! Keep us posted about your sweet mom. Love you too!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its sad to see our furry family members growing old Barb. I feel a twinge in my heart everything I think of it. Mom is not so well. I have updated on my latest post. She goes to the Vascular surgeon today. I don't think it will be good news. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!