Tuesday 1 January 2019

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .


 

FOR TODAY, January 1st, 2019 

Outside my window ...
Its dark, its cold and the air smells like sulpher from all of the fireworks from last night. In fact, some just went off a few minutes ago.  No idea what that is all about! 

I am thinking ...
About how fast this past year has flown. I am not sure why that is?  Please time slow down a bit so I can catch my breath!

I am thankful ...
To have seen another year through, and to have all my family intact and accounted for.  So many do/did not. All in safe and sound for another year.  Hoping I can say the same at the end of 2019.

One of my favourite things ... 
Pizza.  I love Pizza. And blogging.  If there was a way to enjoy both together, well, that would be bliss! 

In the kitchen ...

Sweet and Sour Chicken Nuggets 

Sweet & Sour Chicken Nuggets.  A bit unconventional, but seriously tasty. Quick, easy and delicious. 

On my "To Cook" list ... 



Praying for ...  
 Jimmy Osmond and his family.  He suffered a stroke earlier this week. I think it was only a mild one. 

Good to know ... 


How to make your home look like a cottage. Homedit.   

I am creating ... 


Flutterby Patch. For next year.  


Dragon Fire Knits on Ravelry. Cute!  


Made by Joel.  Paris in an Altoid Tin.  


Lorrainespick  on Instagram.  Inspiration. 


Crafting Happiness.  Honeycombe Bee Blanket Tutorial. 

Oh my goodness  . . . 


Lindt Chocolates . . .  any kind  . . . 

I am reading ... 

 

The House Between Tides, by Sarah Maine
"Following the deaths of her last living relatives, Hetty Deveraux leaves her strained marriage behind in London and returns to her ancestral home, a crumbling estate in Scotland's Outer Hebrides, with the intention of renovating and reselling it as a hotel, much to the dismay of the locals. As she dives headfirst into the repairs, she discovers human remains beneath a rotting floorboard in the basement, with few physical clues to identify the body. Who was this person? And why the makeshift grave?

Hungry for answers, Hetty sets out to unravel the estate's secret--and those of its former inhabitants, including Beatrice Blake, a woman who moved there a century ago with her husband Theo, a famous painter who seemed to be more interested in Cameron, a young local man, than his own wife. Following whispered rumors and a handful of leads, Hetty soon discovers that no one knows exactly what happened to Beatrice, only that her actions have reverberated throughout history, affecting Hetty's present in startling ways"

I do love a good mystery!

Looking Forward To ...
Following the new Come Follow Me study program in the church. So well done!

Dreaming about ...


Wings  . . .  


  

By candlelight  . . .  



China and Pearls  . . . 


Cute as a button  . . . 

 

Boulangerie  . . . 

Something to watch ... 

  

The Adaptation of Les Miserables on BBC 1.  Very well done.  A Mini Series. Drama. Nobody does historical drama like the BBC.

Makes me smile ... 

  

Happy New Year Post by Susan Branch.  I love all of her posts. 

A Quote for the day  ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Cheers for a New Year and
another chance for us to get it right!
~Oprah Winfrey   •。★★ 。* 。 

Corners of my Kingdom ...



New Years Fireworks on the Thames, London . . . 

And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   


8 comments:

  1. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU BOTH!!

    Hi Marie, did you stay up to watch the fireworks on the Thames? They were amazing, although it doesn't seem like five minutes since I was watching last years!

    I normally take my tree and decorations down today but I've been full of cold this week and just can't be bothered. I'll leave it a few more days.

    So sad about Jimmy Osmond, praying for his recovery.

    Have a wonderful New Years Day, lot's of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not taking my tree down today either. Normally I do, but it doesn't seem like it has been up for long and I want to enjoy it or a while longer Kate! The fireworks on the Thames were brilliant! Jimmy can use all our prayers. That family has given their all to entertaining the public! Love, hugs and Happy New Year! xoxo

      Delete
  2. So many cute things! I did that Paris in an Altoid..cute cute..Alawys inspiring to come here and visit.Here's to everyone!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Monique! I bet it was adorable! I think I want to make one this year. Maybe a London in a tin! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Aw w, this is a beautiful daybook entry. It sounds like your area did a lot of celebrating with fireworks. We had a little bit but not enough to spoil the air.
    You had so many cute things. I loved the fluttery patch ornaments; they are adorable. Pixie Hats are very cute. The Honeycomb Bee blanket is lovely. I wish I could make that one.
    I think the book sounds so intrigueing. I haven’t read a good mystery for a long time.
    I always always love your dreaming section. I think the teacup is awesome with the jewlery and the cute rabbit doll is adorable.
    I will look to see if we get the mini series here.
    Wishing for you a wonderous New Year with good health and the best of life blessing. I wish for you plenty of contact with your family and that you feel loved and cherish by many. May Todd, Mitzie and you have an extra sweet month and a great year.
    Sending lots of love and hugs!
    I’m taking a blog break due to too much to do in this month with my calling and etc. I will be back in February. I will try to drop by when I have a minute or too. I will miss reading your daily blog post; you are a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LeAnn! It may take a while for the series to get there as it has only started here, but I hope you do get it. Its very good! I hope you enjoy your break! I will be thinking of you and sending you love and prayers always! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year Everyone! Wow…I love those fireworks! I heard some fireworks last night and ran to a few windows to see if I could see them, but no luck. I even went outside and looked, thinking just maybe I could see them coz no leaves on the trees…nope. 😢

    My family has been sick. First we lost David my nephew,then his Dad had an operation for prostate cancer and he still isn't feeling well…been in and out of the hospital, since the day b4 Thanksgiving. Then other bil is starting to have dementia. Then my older sis just had a polup (sp) removed day after Christmas…thank God it wasn't cancerous! My other older sis has borderline diabetes so she went on a strict diet and lost 70 lbs…she's ok, but heartbroken coz of son and her husband.

    My daughter stayed home with her kids, thinking that's what her Grammy and Grampy wanted…quiet. My Mom said it was the longest day of her life! No kids running around and all the excitement opening their gifts! I made alot of treats for them. All their favs and a few new treats. They said I out did myself.

    So my oldest granddaughter and I slept over that night and that made them happy. Then my Mom told my Dad I was sleeping over again…so I did…couldn't disappoint them. 😀

    My daughter did go over to her grandparents for a few minutes to say hi and get goodies too on Christmas night.😂 Next yr she will be there with her kids. She felt bad!

    A New Year…I hope everyone stays healthy and it's the best yr ever!

    I'm sorry I made you worry Marie! I'm fine…it's my family that's broken.

    I just read about your Mom and sis a few days ago…with tears running down my face! I'm praying for them! You and your family are always in my thoughts and prayers! Love and hugs!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jan, as are yours in mine! We got this! Love you! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!