Friday 18 January 2019

My Friday Finds . . .

 
 
A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become . . . Maybe they will do the same for you!     
 

What a beautiful needlebook.  Jenny of Elephantz.  A complete tutorial.
 
 
 

De Graff Design.  Crocheted Pot scrubbers. Me like.  



Chocolate Mintz in a Jar.  Knitted washcloths. 



Purl Soho, Elementary Wrap in a stockingette stitch.  


Crafty Gemini Creates. Complete tutorial. 



Dannee's Stamping Delights.  Scrap-paper purse to hold a gift. Video tutorial. 



The Skinny Fork.  Healthified Turkey Burgers.  These look really tasty. 



Etsy.  Vintage Bed Jacket. Not free, but not expensive.  PDF download pattern.  



Suzetta Williams on Ravelry.  Stump Cover pattern.  There are not a lot of patterns out there for this type of thing.  I have been looking and looking. 


The Budget Mom. Budgeting method that changed her life.   



Sew Very Crafty.  Bow Tie Scrunchies.



Homestead Survival.  Rice pack shoulder heating pad.   



Satsuma Designs.  This one is made from socks and is a lot quicker to make.




Creative Healthy Family.  Homemade Ginger Ale.  



What's on my Porch.  Valentine Mini Books.  Cute! 

And those are my finds for this week!  I hope you saw something of interest.  



Happy Birthday Dad!
85 years young!

He looks happy, which makes me happy! 

Update on mom - Apparently she had a bad night on Wednesday night.  She was awake during the night and trying to get out of bed, and her speech was somewhat garbled.  She was probably having bad dreams, and of course when she is distressed she has a harder time communicating.  (I was worried that she would forget her leg was missing and she would try to get up and walk.)  Cindy says she was really tired yesterday and slept a lot.  She did get her into a wheelchair and took her for a long walk around the hospital.  She said mom was speaking clearly yesterday as well, so it must have been something to do with night terrors or something.  I am not sure how long she will be in the hospital or when she will be sent down to the rehab place.  I'll keep you posted! Many thanks for all of your continued prayers and support for my mom and sister! 

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
By and large, I have come to see
that if we complain about life, its because
we are thinking only about ourselves.
~Gordon B Hinckley  •。★★ 。* 。 


Fudgy Flapjacks 

In the English Kitchen today . . .  Fudgy Flapjacks.  Not the prettiest crayon  in the box, but very tasty! 


Have a great Friday.  Don't forget along the way of your day! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!




7 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed for daily improvements!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May your mother continue to heal and cope with her changes. As well, may your sister find the strength to support her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marie~

    Thank you for the update on your mom. It's so hard to watch that healing process, especially when you mom has dementia, so confusing for her...bless her heart. I think she will appreciate the warm cover for her leg.

    All of your finds were wonderful, as always, but I especially loved the double oven mitt, what a great idea for a gift!

    Your dad looks very happy, I'm glad he had a wonderful birthday! Take care sweet Marie, XOXOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my dear friend! Love and hugs to you! xoxo

      Delete
  4. I have always heard that the worst days after surgery are the first 3...though with all that has happened to your mom, it might take longer...hope they can help her!! Will pray so. Thanks for all the neat ideas...I have no idea where you find so many!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Elizabeth! so very appreciated! xoxo PS - Pinterest is my source!

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!