Tuesday 15 January 2019

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 
FOR TODAY, January 13th 2019

Outside my window ...
Its cold, dark and dry.  I'll take cold and dry any day of the week. One does get tired of the rain and cold.  If we were in North America it would be snow and cold.  Snow is a whole lot prettier! (However harder to deal with!) 

I am thinking ...
Today's the day mom has her operation. I am hoping and praying all goes well.  If it doesn't, then I am trying to prepare myself for that, although I don't think you ever really can.  I had a nice conversation with her yesterday.  Her last words to me were, "I love you very much." I can still hear them in my head.  I will carry them with me over these next weeks when she is hopefully recovering and I won't have access to any means to talk to her.  I am also praying that she doesn't suffer any more memory loss due to the anaesthetic.  I don't want her to forget who we are. 

I am thankful ...
Prayer.  Yours, mine and anything in between. 

One of my favourite things ...
See above.

 In the kitchen ...
Fruity Chicken Salad 
Fruity Chicken Salad  . . .  its really tasty.  How do you enjoy your chicken salad?  I like mine on whole wheat toast with a layer of baby salad greens.


On my "To Cook" list ... 

I will be cooking this "White Chicken Chili" today from my own kitchen.  We are having the new set of Missionary Sisters for supper  doing this with rice, some cornbread, a salad and making cupcakes for dessert.  

Good to know ... 


Although I only drink herbal infusions today, these things still apply.  Plus a hefty dose of prayer if I am feeling particularly low. 

I am creating ... 

  

Farmhouse Style Afghans from Annies Catalogue.  Love these. PDF download, not expensive however. 


Ideas Times Two.  Heart Shaped Pot Holders.  I need new ones, mine are all old and stained.   



Tried and True, Fabric Bun Warmer.  



Bee Hive Tea Cosy. TBee cosy designs on Etsy. Not free, but not expensive.  



CT Pub, Envelope Needle Case.  Complete free tutorial.  

Oh my goodness ... 


Milk and cookies.  I had forgotten how good they really are. 

I am reading ...  


The Story of Arthur Truluv, by Elizabeth Berg

For the past six months, Arthur Moses's days have looked the same: He tends to his rose garden and to Gordon, his cat, then rides the bus to the cemetery to visit his beloved late wife for lunch. The last thing Arthur would imagine is for one unlikely encounter to utterly transform his life.

 Eighteen-year-old Maddy Harris is an introspective girl who visits the cemetery to escape the other kids at school. One afternoon she joins Arthur--a gesture that begins a surprising friendship between two lonely souls. Moved by Arthur's kindness and devotion, Maddy gives him the nickname "Truluv." As Arthur's neighbor Lucille moves into their orbit, the unlikely trio band together and, through heartache and hardships, help one another rediscover their own potential to start anew.

Wonderfully written and full of profound observations about life, The Story of Arthur Truluv is a beautiful and moving novel of compassion in the face of loss, of the small acts that turn friends into family, and of the possibilities to achieve happiness at any age.

Looking Forward to ...
Having the sisters for supper today.  A most welcome distraction.

Dreaming About ...


 Candlit relaxation  . . . 


Daffodils . . .  spring will come . . . 
  

  

Little pig, little pig, let me come in  . . . . so sweet 


Vintage Button Cards  . . . 

  

Hand embroidered tea towels . . . 

Makes me smile ... 


The art of Margaret Tarrant.  It reminds me of my childhood.

Something to watch ...

  

Les Miserables on the BBC.  So well done!  And very true to the original story that Victor Hugo told/wrote.

A thought to carry with you  ...

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Pray in the name of Jesus Christ
about your concerns,
your fears, your weaknesses ...
Yes, the very longings of your heart.
And then . . .  LISTEN!
~President Russell M Nelson  •。★★ 。* 。 

Corners of my kingdom ... 


The Cornish coast in Cornwall . . .  wild, mystical and beautiful . . .  


And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   


13 comments:

  1. Hi Marie, lovely day book. I can't wait for the daffodils to come out, I love them!

    So pleased the missionaries are coming round today, they will be good for you.

    As usual thinking and praying for you all, especially on this very hard day. Lot's of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Kate. We are on tenderhooks here as you can imagine. Hoping and praying for the best outcome. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hi, Marie! Praying for your Mom--and for you & yours--today! Do hope all goes well for your Mom... You are much in my thoughts and prayers these days. ((HUGS)) I like your chicken salad with the cranberries--nice addition! Like you, I like often like a salad-y sandwich toasted and with lots of greens. Your menu for your Missionary Sisters dinner sounds delicious! Glad you have the cooking today to keep you busy. ;) Those crocheted afghans are very PRETTY--love that blue & white, and how pretty the stitch pattern of the grey one. How crazy-cute are those bee hive tea cozies!! You're knitting one, right?! ;) How lovely the silk ribbon-worked needlecase... *sigh*... The Elizabeth Berg books sounds very charming! I used to read a lot of her books, but fell off the radar--I didn't know about this one! Be taking good care there... LOVE YOU SO MUCH, my friend ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only just heard about this Elizabeth Berg Book, it is the first of two. I had heard of the second one and then learned of this one and thought I better read this one first! My prayers are with you and TJ as you go through what you are going through also. Love you very much my sweet friend. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  3. I thought about her when I woke up during the night:(

    Oh boy..

    I truly hope all goes well..and I hope her recovery is not terrible.Poor girl.
    Marie Carol mentioned Les Mis to me and I have been watching on my Ipad..so lots of commercials..but I admit to crying..episode 2 was hearwrenching and my dear I hate Javet.
    Jean Valjean is on The Affair in the USA..
    This series is fabulous Marie..les Mis..I love it but it is hard to watch at times..The family that looks after her.I find it so hard to watch abuse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That same actress, Olivia Coleman is the one who is up for so many awards as Queen Anne. She is a great actress and so not like the character she plays in Les Mis. I hate to watch abuse also. We will be waiting on pins and needles for news today Monique. About 4 pm your time is when she is slated for the operation. I had a long talk with my oldest son this morning. He is so close to my mom. We lived with her when he was baby and toddler. He is heart broken also. Thanks for your happy thoughts. xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hi Marie~

    You and your family are in my most sincere prayers today. I will be anxious to hear how the surgery went.

    I loved everything about this post today! I have bookmarked many of them, maybe I can get a jump on Christmas gifts!

    Your white chicken chili sounds delicious! I'm definitely going to try it with the rice. I know the sister missionaries will love it! We have sister missionaries in our Stake right now, that is a rare treat for us, I can't wait for my turn to feed them!

    I love anything old fashioned, they just don't make things as pretty as they used to, do they? Margaret Tarrant's work is beautiful, I have always loved those sweet pictures, they remind me of my childhood as well.

    The book sounds book sounds so good, I'm always looking for something good to read.

    Thinking of you, love you!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have not had sisters here in two years Barb! It was nice. Love you too! Thanks for all the prayers! They worked! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Keeping you in my prayers at this very difficult time. Waiting for news is the hardest part of today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was and the news was good. Thanks so much for your prayers Angharad. I know we could all feel the love. oxox

      Delete
  6. One of your favourite things ... is mine also.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!