Thursday 10 January 2019

My favourite things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 
A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitty pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥   

Decorative tins.  I love them.  You can use them for all sorts.  I have one holding my buttons, small ones holding pins, etc. I never thought of using them for candles however.  What a great idea!  



3-piece tea sets, with cup, saucer and sandwich plate.  I have four Katie Alice ones that I have collected through the years.  Vintage ones are even nicer.  


  

Smocked dresses on little girls.  They are just so pretty.  When Maryn was smaller I bought her a couple of smocked dresses.  Sadly never got to see her in them. Oh well  . . .  



Smocked Gingham Pillow Covers.  In Home Ec in grade 8 at school, I remember making one.  It wasn't as hard to do as one might think.  


  

Cathedral Windows Quilting.  This I also learned how to do in Home Ec.  The blocks end up already quilted, etc. You just need to put them together and voila!  



I have always loved flowery dresses  . . . this one is particularly beautiful I think  . . . 


  

Vintage Table Cloths   . . . 


Spindle Beds  . . .  


  

Brothers and sisters  . . . . you share a history with them that you share with nobody else on earth. 



The Lake District and the Dales  . . .  have been there several times.  I have loved it each time.  Its so beautiful. Mind you  . . . .  all of the UK is filled with beautiful spots to enjoy.  

  

Blue and white  . . .  anything  . . .  


  

Crystal and silver  . . .  I have some lovely crystal that my mother bought me through the years.  For a few years she gave my sister and I each a piece of crystal for Christmas.  I cherish it.  I have candle sticks, salt and pepper shakers and a butter dish.



Criss cross windows  . . . . 

  

The film Father of the Bride with Elizabeth Taylor and Spencer Tracy.  The house, the clothes, everything.  I love everything about this film.  Elizabeth Taylor is so beautiful in it and her wardrobe is stunning.  




Spaghetti Bolognese.  I love it.  I never tire of it. 


  

Subway Turkey Subs.  I lived on them when I first split up from my ex.  The girl who owned the house in which I was renting a room did not like me using the kitchen . . .  for anything.  I usually get the Honey & Whole Wheat bun however . . . 



Shabby chic . . . that carpet  . . . 


The art of Irish Artist George Callahan . . . I love all of it. 



Downton Abbey.  I can't wait for the film!  


  

Hammy Hamster, Tails of the Riverbank . . .  I loved this show when I was a child. 

And those are my favourite things for this week.  What are some of yours?  


 

I ended up with a horrible bout of Diverticulitis yesterday.  I was in agony. It was probably all those peas from the first diet dinner I ate.   Incredibly painful . . . not sure how to proceed . . . the food is really delicious, but . . .  I am not sure my medical conditions can cope with it.  



Very sad news on my mother's condition . . .  they will be taking her into hospital on Tuesday and amputating her leg. That's all I know for now.  I have no more details and to be honest I am still digesting it. She was very tearful when I called her yesterday, which is about what you would expect.  I felt so helpless . . .  I will let you know more when I know more.  Everything is kind of in the air at the moment.  


Sheet Pan Sausage & Peppers

In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Sheet Pan Sausage and Peppers.  Todd enjoyed this with a jacket potato. 

Have a wonderful Thursday.  Don't forget along the  way of your day . . . 


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   











8 comments:

  1. Oh my ..your poor mom..no words.
    So sad.All around..
    If the food is making you ill just stop :( You're not ill on your food right?Oh don't know what to say this AM:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ive been wandering around the house this morning, trying to write my lesson for Sunday, crying off and on, thinking of my beautiful mom who loved to go out dancing with my father on Friday and Saturday nights. Life is so cruel at times. I have no words either. I have stopped the diet food. Its not that it isn't delicious. It truly is, but I don't think I can tolerate all of the fibre with my digestive issues. :-( xoxo

      Delete
  2. Oh so sorry about your mom...I hope she will recover and be ok for as long as possible!! Life is so hard!! Often I have thought that life is basically a set of things one gives up...but there is still some good left...at least she has her family near and wanting to help her!! I know it is so hard on you to be so far away...I can so understand that!! Take care of yourself too, Marie!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Elizabeth. Your prayers are very much appreciated. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hi Marie~

    Oh my goodness, I am so sorry about your mom...I'm sure you are still just in a daze. Sometimes life just does not seem fair...big hugs to you.

    I can barely think about the rest of your blog...loved all of your favs, you always find such beautiful things!

    Much love to you Marie, you are always in my prayers, and there will be lots of extras for your mom and sister.

    Please take care of yourself, the diet food isn't worth trying if it makes you sick. XOXO

    Gentle Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a lot to take in at the moment Barb. Thanks for your prayers. Perhaps if you could put her name into the Temple? That would be so much appreciated. Our temple is closed for cleaning until Jan 22nd. Thanks! Love and hugs, oxox

      Delete
  4. Oh, Marie... I'm sooo very, very sad and sorry to hear what your Mom is going through! :( What a massively difficult thing to go through for body, mind and spirit. Prayers flying her way, and to you and all of yours!! Hoping very much your latest bout of Diverticulitis will be short-lived. I hope the new diet will treat you more fairly... :/ So many fun and pretty things here to distract the eye, but how heavy the heart... Thinking of you & yours...LOVE YOU HEAPS!! ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much my dear friend. It is a difficult time for sure. Its hard to distract myself with anything really, but trying to just spend my days prayerfully considering my mother. Your prayers, love and thoughts are very much appreciated. xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!