Monday 23 September 2024

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 



"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny? It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. What you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard 


 A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.

 

Hooray for autumn. It is officially here, and it is officially my favorite season!  I am excited for the sights, the smells, the feels, the tastes. I love, love, LOVE it all!


 



Yes, yes, yes, YES!  Its here!  And I am excited. 


 


Boo Berry Hand Pies  . . .  so cute.  I would love to make these. Maybe if my grands come over for Thanksgiving  . . . 


 

Warm socks . . .  sock season is here.  I go in my bare feet most of the year and only really wear socks in the autumn and winter.




 Bed making helpers.  How would I ever do it without the help of this little lady. It just would not be the same.





I live in a safe place, on a safe street, in a safe neighborhood,  in a safe town, a safe province, a safe country.  I am blessed.


 


Friends. My sister, of course, is my best friend, but I am blessed to have some very good friends in my life.  I don't take any of them for granted and I appreciate each one of them.  They truly are flowers in the garden of my heart. 


 


Grateful for prayers.  For the spoken and the unspoken silent prayers of my heart.  I tend to carry on a conversation with my Heavenly Father throughout all my waking hours. It is as integral to my life as are my arms, legs, brain and breath.  It has made a huge difference in the quality of my life.


 

My life is filled with joy and purpose. I am grateful for that.


 


I am grateful for my faith. I do not know where I would be without it. It helps and sustains me, guides me, upholds me.  It has taken me to lofty places I never would have gone otherwise.




Grateful for a free education which taught me from a very young age, how to read and do  and know a lot of things.  I used to love the Dick and Jane readers we had at school. 






I am grateful for school, teachers, and organizations that helped to shape me and reinforce the values I was taught at home by goodly parents. They taught me well.



The joy I have always found in homemaking and keeping a home, raising my family, being where I found the most peace and contentment.  For others it is found in other places, and that's wonderful too. For me, it has always been in my home.




If I can never be or achieve anything else in this lifetime, let me always be known as having at least been kind.  I love that saying, "In a world where you can be anything you want to be, be kind."   Not everyone is, but the ones that are do make a difference. It is the people who have been the kindest in my life who have made the most difference and I have been blessed to have many kind people in my life.





Faith, family, friends, food  . . . love. My life and days are filled with an abundance of blessings  . . .  I can not ask for more than that.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *Doing and making
are acts of hope.
~Sister Corita Kent
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •


Garlic Roll Cupcakes



In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Garlic Roll Cupcakes. Quick, easy delicious.  These are quite simply fabulous!


I have to go and have blood tests this morning. I will be picking Cindy up on the way and we are going to go get cat food, etc. I am looking forward to our time together. I always do.  I hope you have a week filled with abundance, in one way or another, and that you have a beautiful day today!  Whatever you get up to, don't forget!


═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

 

And I do too! 
 

1 comment:

  1. So many things to be grateful for, the list is so long. Raining today, and for the next few days. It is lovely to hear it as it lands on everything. Have a good day, the kitties will appreciate your shopping.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!