Tuesday 10 September 2024

A Day Book . . .

 



FOR TODAY, September 10th, 2024



OUTSIDE MY WINDOW ...

It is chilly at only 9*C/48*F this  morning, but I am not complaining. the trees across the way are starting to look a bit tired. It is that time of year.  The maple tree outside my bedroom window is changing, but oddly so. Only one part of it is turning orange, although the rest of it will soon follow I am sure.



I AM THINKING ...

Last evening I enjoyed very much the 100th Birthday celebration of the President of my church, Russell M Nelson.  He is an amazing man, not only is he a Prophet who runs the church, but he speaks 17 languages, was a pioneer in heart surgery (having also been on the team which developed the heart/lung machine), has ten children, oodles of grandchildren and 167 great grandchildren.  It was a wonderful celebration of his life with some lovely music, some sweet words from the people who know him best and video segments from around the world of people wishing him a very Happy Birthday, as well as greetings from those of many other faiths.  For his age, he is a vibrant and inspiring man.  It was a really lovely program and celebration. You can find it on YouTube if you are interested.  I am thinking about how very blessed we are to have such a man to lead our church. I was privileged to meet him in person when I was serving my mission and I can tell you personally that he is a really special person.


I AM ALSO THINKING ...

I was giving a great deal of thought yesterday about what video I might make next for my YouTube channel. I did not get one made yesterday and I may not until tomorrow.  I really like to put a lot of thought into what I choose to share.  I was thinking I might introduce my Big Blue Binder and perhaps cook something from that?  I don't know yet.


chicken margherita

IN THE KITCHEN ...

Chicken Margherita.  This Chicken Margherita is a perfectly delicious way to cook a chicken breast! It’s baked with juicy tomatoes, creamy rich provolone, and flavorful pesto on to. Ready in just a few steps, it’s a delicious and easy meal that looks impressive, but is very simple to make. Prepare to fall in love.



ON MY "TO COOK" LIST ...

Urban Bliss Life.  Jollibee Spaghetti.  I was watching the Gary Eats channel on YouTube the other day and he had visited Jollibee in London. They specialize in Philippine food.  It looked really good and they are famous for their spaghetti.  So I looked up a recipe for it and am very keen to try it.


 

 

LOOKING FORWARD TO ...

Cindy and I have plans later this week to go on a Farmer's Market trip up the valley. I always enjoy these things and I especially enjoy doing them with my sister.


 

REMEMBERING ...

The beautiful orchard walks I have taken through the years. They are busy places this time of year when the workers are bringing in the crop. The smell of apples is intoxicating. I used to love taking orchard walks through the orchards around our cottage down in Kent.  So beautiful.



SOMETHING NICE ...

If you put these principles to work in your life, you cannot help but live a happy life. 



I KNOW THIS TO BE TRUE ...

A life filled with and lived with gratitude is a well spent life. It is just a much better life. A life filled with peace and with joy.


I AM WANTING TO CREATE ...


I love these little dolls from Korea on Etsy. 



I also love these knitted cat dolls



Hook ok  Crocheted Mushrooms.



Terri's Brush Academy.  Snowmen and Santa's



Marg Low Designs.  A needlebook.


OH MY GOODNESS ... 




The Embroidery Bird  . . .  I love this  . . . 



LOVE, LOVE, LOVE ...

Kitty Needlebook. I love needlebooks anyways, but this one is adorable.



MAKES ME SMILE ...

This picture of the three J's when they were small.  Jon and Josh and Jake in the push chair.  They are all grown up now!




I AM READING ...


BORROWED LIGHT, by Carla Kelly

Our heroine, Julia Darling, is a 27 year old cooking school graduate, who breaks her engagement to the "perfect" man, and leaves Salt Lake City to work as a ranch cook in the wilds of Wyoming. The man who hires her, Paul Otto, is a well-known and highly respected rancher with a somewhat enigmatic past, who has built his life around the idea (from a scripture that he can't identify) that we are all beggars in one way or another. Accordingly, he has collected a motley assortment of ranch hands, including an orphaned child, an alcoholic doctor, and a young Irish drifter. 


 This book is somewhat different from Ms. Kelly's usual work; it's more like an Inspirational romance with an LDS (as opposed to evangelical) flavor. For those not familiar with the genre, these are romances written from a Christian perspective. The faith element is considered central to the story, and to the personal growth of characters.

I loved this book the first, second and third time I read it. Yes, I am reading it for a fourth time. I have read the whole series, which consists of three novels. All very good. Clean. Inspiring. Entertaining.  I highly recommend.



THINGS I LOVE ...

 


Scarlet maple leaves  . . . 


 


Blue and white, vintage porcelain  . . . 


 

Flower sprigged chairs  . . . 


 


Cold foam on hot drinks  . . . 


 

Botanicals  . . . 



MAKES ME SMILE ...

They were just 8 weeks old  . . . so sweet.  They are still sweet.




SOMETHING TO WATCH ...



Endeavour.  Frost as a young man. I love a good detective show.


A THOUGHT TO CARRY WITH YOU ...

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.A friend is one who
overlooks your broken fence
and admires the flowers
in your garden.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •


And that is my daybook for this week!  Thanks always for being here!


  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•
*¨`*•. ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   

6 comments:

  1. Sunny and much cooler here, but the next few days will see temperatures rise to the mid 20's. The trees are starting their colour change. It would be lovely to see the big blue binder, I think that is a great idea for the next video. Hubby loves Endeavour, I can take it or leave it. Looking forward to some new series of shows this fall, getting tired of reruns on reruns. We are off to a Senior Fair this morning, there hasn't been one since the one before Covid. There is usually lots of good info, free things like notebooks and pens and other stuff. It should be a nice couple of hours out. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoroughly enjoyed Endeavour..Its brisk here too mornings much warmer afternoons..I get so nostalgic seeing our Littles when the were Little..I miss that so much..the boys crossing the street etc...C'est la vie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We very much enjoyed Endeavour too. So many fabulous actors in that series. Oxford, one of my favourite UK towns.

      Delete
  3. Oh, those little boys! xo, V.♥️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Years ago I came across books written by George McDonald. Some were "translated" into easier to understand English we use today...and I read those mostly. But I so enjoyed them all because they gave so much comfort and actually were helpful in things happening in our day even. Funny that...proves human nature is stable huh? Good or bad...
    Hugs, Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!