Tuesday 24 September 2024

A Day Book . . .

 



FOR TODAY, September 24th, 2024




OUTSIDE MY WINDOW ...

I thought I would show you the brilliance of the trees behind the houses across the way from me.  And they are not finished yet. There is more to come.  Oh how I love the brilliant colors we are treated to at this time of year. So beautiful.

I have taken down my hummingbird feeder now.  I have not seen any for a couple of weeks and my sister hasn't seen any at her runner bean flowers either.  I think it is safe now.


 

I AM THINKING ...

Last night in bed before I went to sleep I was listening to some of the new additions to my church's hymn book.  They recently added a list of new hymns to the book and they are all lovely.  I know I am a bit biased.  The words  . . . the music, they have a wonderful way of calming the heart and soothing the soul. 


Day by day, God's gracious love surrounds me
As a balm to soothe my troubled heart.
Countless cares and worried that confound me
Fade away or quietly depart,
For His heart is kind beyond measure,
And He comfort us as He knows best.
Ev'ry day, with all its pain and pleasure,
Mingles tears with peace and rest.
~God's Gracious Love, Hymn 1013

There are worse things to fall asleep thinking about.  This is a wonderful way to do it.  They can be found here, and you can listen to them being sung along with the music.


 

I  AM ALSO THINKING ...

I have set the Lord always before me. 
Because He is at my right hand I will not be shaken. 
~Psalm 16:8

Live first and foremost in My presence.  Gradually you will become more aware of Me than of people and places around you. This awareness will not detract from your relationships with others. Instead it will increase your ability to give love and encouragement to them. My Peace will permeate your words and demeanor. You will be active in the world, yet one step removed from it. You will not be easily shaken because My enveloping Presence buffers the blow of problems. (Sept 24th,  Jesus Calling, enjoying peace in His presence, by Sarah Young)

Walking hand in hand with the Lord is my secret to a peaceful life filled with abundance. That doesn't mean that I don't sometimes stumble.  I am only human after all  . . . 


Crockpot Fire Roasted Tomato & White Bean Soup


IN THE KITCHEN ...

Crockpot Fire Roasted Tomato and White Bean Soup. This was really, really good.  Simple to make and delicious. I popped it into the crockpot before I went out yesterday for my blood tests and to the store with Cindy. It smelled fabulous when I got home and a delicious dinner was waiting for me. I took a pot of it over to Sheila next door along with a couple Sweet Potato Biscuits.  I sat on the porch talking with her for a few minutes.  She seemed to enjoy the time I spent with her. I know she gets lonely and misses her late husband very much. It did not take much effort on my part to spend some time with her.




ON MY "TO COOK" LIST  ...

Kitchen Divas, Cheesy Cornbread Casserole. My sister made this on Sunday and it was delicious!  I want to try cutting the recipe in half.


 

LOOKING FORWARD TO ...

Getting into the kitchen later on and seeing what happens. The kitchen is my happy place.



 



REMEMBERING ...

This was my Douglas when he was about six months old. He always had such a charming smile and pleasant demeanor when he was a child.  Today he leaves for NB for his dye test tomorrow.  I hope and pray that the Doctor will be able to find out what the problem is and be able to sort it.  He will be 43 in November. He is a good, good man. A good husband, father and son. I love him very much and want only good things for him.  For all my children.  Praying that all will be well for this son of mine.





SOMETHING NICE ...

Soon, soon the wild geese shall be flying overhead. The night before I left the U.K. to come back to Canada a flock of wild geese flew over as I was in the front of my wee house bidding farewell to Tina and Tony. I knew then that I was making the right decision. It was like the best sign ever. My life has been richly embroidered by the flight of wild geese as they fly south for the Winter. It has marked all of my years.  The sound of them always strikes my heart in a special way.




I KNOW THIS TO BE TRUE ...

“Learn of me, and listen to my words; 
walk in the meekness of my Spirit, 
and you shall have peace in me”
~D&C 19:23

Excessive worry never added a whit of peace or joy to anyone's life.



I AM WANTING TO CREATE ... 




I dug this pattern out of my stash a few days back. I have been wanting to make one for a while now. I picked up some fabrics yesterday. We will see how it goes.  I love this rabbit doll.



 

Love this combination of pillows. My sister picked up some of this same checked fabric yesterday. Perhaps I need to go and get me some?


 

Loving this combination also. Is it the bobble trim?  I don't know.  Probably, but I also love the combination of fabrics.


 

I love this little pleated lamp shade. I don't think it would be difficult to make one.


 

I love this embroidered picture.




 



OH MY GOODNESS ...

Cinnamon was making biscuits on my lap last night, as she sang me a sweet, sweet song of peace and happiness.   I love her little ear hairs. 




 



LOVE, LOVE, LOVE ...

Lord of the Manor, Sir Nutmeg of Estate Lane.  Sitting on his throne. He is almost too big for it, but that doesn't stop him from perching there. 




I don't know how Lady Cinnamon could possibly be comfortable laying like this either, but somehow . . .  she is.


They make me happy and fill my home with joy.




I AM READING ...

Everyman's England, by Victor Canning


A classic travelogue that brilliantly conjures 1930s Britain. In this series of pen-portraits of England from the 1930s, Victor Canning ‘evocatively captures the pattern and color of English life’ (The Bookseller), from Cumbria to Cornwall. Canning’s heart-warming and humorous observations of sleepy villages, pastoral scenes and busy industries are a delightful time capsule into life in England during the interwar years. ‘What does the word England mean to you? To all of us England means something different, and yet I think there is for every man and woman some little corner which is more England than anywhere else…’

It is an entertaining and fascinating read.  

"It was at this inn that I got, for a ridiculously small sum, a lunch which more than ever endeared me to Wharfedale, for after a man has had a morning full of beauty there is no better cap to it than a lunch which in itself is a thing of beauty. There was a rich, dark soup which was not only hot, but full of the flavour of vegetables, then turkey with thyme and parsley stuffing, roast potatoes, Brussels sprouts, a fruit tart with a crust it was a shame to break and a joy to eat, a portion of Wensleydale cheese and a cup of as good a coffee as you could expect in England."

It is a re-read. I did read it a number of years back and recreated a meal that he had described in the book on my EK page.  It was delicious.  You can find that post here


THINGS I LOVE ...


 

Seasonal wonders  . . . 

 

Tea lights  . . . 


 

Painted wooden furniture  . . . 


 

Autumn treasures  . . . 


 

Places of comfort  . . . 






SOMETHING TO WATCH ...

The Father on Prime



A THOUGHT TO CARRY WITH YOU ...


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.The true secret of happiness
lies in taking a genuine interest
in all the details of  every day life.



And that is my daybook for this week!  Thanks always for being here!


  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•
*¨`*•. ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed the father..just watched His Three daughters on Netflix..I made that embroidery ..I turned it into a cover for a studio loft book in which I put watercolors taped to the sheets..It weighs a ton and doesn't close lol.Love those pillowcases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord and Lady, perfect addition to the names of your kitties. Cloudy today after rain yesterday. Canada geese were my dad's favourite bird, and I am always reminded of him when they fly over. That was a sign when one flew over just before you left for Canada. Trees are looking lovely in the fall colours. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!