Tuesday 30 August 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 


FOR TODAY, August 30th, 2022

Outside my window ...
Its overcast and looking gloomy. This will burn off no doubt, and we will have a sunny day to look forward to. But don't quote me on that. I could be wrong.  Its forecast to be a hot one.

I am thinking ...
Last night I had a pinched nerve or something in the top of my leg and could hardly walk. It was excruciating.  I managed to hobble into bed at 8:30 because  I couldn't stand it any more and hoped it would go off  if I was laying down. I read, etc. until about 10. It did go off finally. I had been out sweeping my front deck/veranda earlier. I wonder if that caused it. Boy oh boy, this body of mine. I am always in pain. Always. In one place or another. I would love to be able to just go for a walk like I used to be able to do. Last night I was literally contemplating getting a walker.

I am thankful for ...
That "that" pain has gone off and I am much more mobile this morning.

In the kitchen ...



Southern Mac & Cheese. Do not make unless you want to gain ten pounds. Yes, it IS that decadent. Rich, creamy, gooey, decadence with an oozing molten layer of more cheese in the middle.


On my "To Cook" list ...


Lidia's insanely delicious Barolo Italian Beef. Oh my goodness. This looks so delicious! 

Good to know ...


I'm going to try this.

I am wanting to create ...


No source, but I love this. I have a thing for snowmen.



Knitting Pattern.  Mice sisters. So cute! Free.


Penny Rugs and More, Wool Moravian Star. Love the simplicity of this. Complete tutorial.



How to makes. Easy Knitting Pattern. 



In The Loop Knitting. Knitted kerchief. Love this. 

I am reading ...


Before Ever After, by Samantha Sotto

Three years after her husband Max’s death, Shelley feels no more adjusted to being a widow than she did that first terrible day. That is, until the doorbell rings. Standing on her front step is a young man who looks so much like Max–same smile, same eyes, same age, same adorable bump in his nose–he could be Max’s long-lost relation. 

He introduces himself as Paolo, an Italian editor of American coffee table books, and shows Shelley some childhood photos. Paolo tells her that the man in the photos, the bearded man who Paolo says is his grandfather though he never seems to age, is Max. Her Max. And he is alive and well. 

 As outrageous as Paolo’s claims seem–how could her husband be alive? And if he is, why hasn’t he looked her up?–Shelley desperately wants to know the truth. She and Paolo jet across the globe to track Max down–if it is really Max. 

Along the way, Shelley recounts the European package tour where they had met. As she relives Max’s stories of bloody Parisian barricades, medieval Austrian kitchens, and buried Roman boathouses, Shelley begins to piece together the story of who her husband was and what these new revelations mean for her “happily ever after.” And as she and Paolo get closer to the truth, Shelley discovers that not all stories end where they are supposed to. 

I have only just started this.

Looking forward to ...
Spending some time with Ginny and her husband this afternoon. I made a Swedish Almond Cake. Yum!

Dreaming About ... 

 
 


Sun flowers  . . . 


 

Yellow  . . . 

 

Sunflower curtains  . . . 

 

Sunny yellow tiles  . . . 

 

Sunny yellow dress  . . . 


Something to watch ...



The Thief, His Wife and the Canoe on Britbox.  A true story.

Makes me smile ... 

 

They always find their patch of light  . . . 

Corners of my kingdom ...


Sunflower blooming across the way  . . . 

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*I want to be like a sunflower
so that on even the darkest days,
I will stand tall and find the sunlight.
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •

And that's my daybook for this week! 


   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 
  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 
 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       

13 comments:

  1. have fun..glad the pinch went away..I always have one..I think its the sciatic nerve..but sometimes even long lasting things go away completely.Thats a good thing:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It came back, but I learned if I walk sideways it doesn't hurt! Go figure! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I am amazed at your busy social life!! Have fun with your friends!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Elizabeth! I really enjoyed their visit! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Gloomy here too, possible thunder storms for most of the day. Getting older is not always fun, at least with all the body aches and pains that come with it. Enjoy today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We expect rain today. We shall see. What a dry summer this has been! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Oh, have a nice visit!…. Sunflowers, crochet, cooking…so much delight in one’s day…hoping you feel better :-) Best, V

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your visit with Ginny and her husband. Hope the sun shines this afternoon. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine. We had a really lovely visit! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  6. That book sounds intriguing. I'm going to see if my library has a copy.
    Love those little mice and the knitted head scarf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra! I hope you can find the book! xoxo

      Delete
    2. I did. Now to find some time to read it, haha.

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!