Sunday 21 August 2022

An bit of excitement . . .

 

 

Surprise! Its me. I know I haven't been posting on Sundays for a while, but sometimes you just have to make a note of the goings on for posterity.

I had just gotten everything ready and into the oven for supper yesterday when my phone rang. It was my father. He had been in a car accident. My heart sank. He was okay, but needed picking up. I spoke to the EMT's and they said that all of his vitals were stable, but he was refusing to go to the hospital because he didn't want to go to Kentville and our local hospital was closed for the day.  He had been going home from the mall with his friend Maryann and he said his brakes didn't work and so he plowed into the car in front of him, and that car plowed into the car in front of it. 

I jumped into my car (leaving dinner in the oven and a candle lit no less) and headed off to Greenwood to pick them up.  His car was a mangled mess. Both airbags were deployed.  Thankfully both he and Maryann appeared to be okay.  I dropped Maryann off home to her daughter, and I brought dad here. Thankfully the only thing burnt was the green beans which I had put in with the potatoes in the oven.  They were still kind of edible, but . . . I think people were just being kind. Thankfully the candle didn't burn my house down. Whew!

My sister and Dan were golfing so he hadn't been able to get ahold of them.  We may need to think about getting them a mobile phone. 

They arrived for supper and we did have an enjoyable supper, but it was tainted by the day's happenings. Cindy drove him home  afterwards. He refused to stay with either one of us overnight. Cindy has taken him to the hospital this morning to get an x-ray. His side was quite sore yesterday and today. The EMT said probably due to the airbag or the steering wheel. Hopefully there are no internal injuries, but the x-ray will reveal if there are. 

His car looks written off.  Its only two years old. We are not sure what this means for my father or for the family. Who knows if they will take his license away or not. At the age of 88 that may be in question.  Time will tell what happens next.

The great blessing however, is that nobody was hurt seriously.   Except for the green beans. 😖

Some days are diamonds. Some days are dust. Some days you just have to get on your knees and thank the Lord for his tender mercies. Yesterday was such a day.


Whatever you get up to today, be happy and don't forget! 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════
 

And I do too! 
 

6 comments:

  1. So glad they are ok..You must have been so relieved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so thankful your Dad is ok and no one was hurt. It could have been so much worse. Praying all goes well for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank Heaven everyone is okay! Whew, scary. Good day to all. xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate days like this...had some too...but so very glad everyone seems ok!! Cars can be fixed, often bodies cannot!! Pray all will be ok in due time!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank Heaven everyone is okay. xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Something made me check your blog tonight, so glad that your dad and his friend are okay. Cars can be replaced, not precious people. Hoping the xray comes back fine.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!