Friday 12 August 2022

My Friday Finds . . .

 

 


A  few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become . . . Maybe they will do the same for you!   





A sewing machine presser food guide from Love Sewing



Faced with a Tomato glut?  How to make your own Tomato Paste.  From The Kitchn





I've seen lots of pretty lacy Christmas Angel Ornaments before, but I have never seen any like these.  I like them!  From Ravelry. Roswitha Meuller. quick and easy, crochet. 




DIY Watercolour Fall Wreath. Innstruck Studio.  There are a lot of free tutorials if you are into watercolouring.  Great!  

 



Martha Stewart.  How to make an envelope Book with a cloth binding.  I want to do this.  




I could find no source for this, so if you know whose it is, tell me and I will add it.  It's a brilliant pictorial tutorial on a simple book binding method. 



Tea Rose Home.  A complete tutorial on a bottlecap, magentic stickable pin cushion.  




Keep yourself limber  . . .  well, should have tried this 20 years ago maybe  . . .  probably two late now, but I can try.  Even a little is better than nothing.  Again no source. 




Tiny Kitty, a free pattern from While She Naps.  Made from a circle of plush. Complete Tutorial. 




Flower Pot Mushroom House.  So cute!  From Think Crafts.  




From Make.  How to make a sewing kit from an old eye glasses case.   




16 Lunch Box Ideas for back to school.  Great ideas for lunch period! Eazy Peazy Meals.  Lunch can get pretty boring. these look pretty healthy. I could go for some of those.



 

Sew Can She.  DIY Scrappy Pet Leash. Free Tutorial. 



Fabric Bowl Covers.  From  Hearth and Vine




DIY Cloth Napkins.  From  Chocolate and Zucchini.  Complete Tutorial.  




5 Simple Steps to a paperless Kitchen.  From  Happy Healthy Mama




A complete tutorial on how to make a Pom Pom Wreath for any occasion.  Found on  The Spruce.  Christmas is coming.  This would be great done in reds, greens and white . . .  oh and sparkles! 



How to cover a bag with colourful fabric yoyo's so easy to make.  Its in Spanish, but there are links to a yoyo necklace also.   Cute!  Find this here.  



 

Little Golden Book Birdhouses . . . from Books and Whatnot.  Seems a bit of a sacriledge to do this with a book, but sooooo cute!  




From Crochet Treasures.  10 free crochet Christmas stocking patterns. 




Jelly Wares.  Crochet Christmas Star tutorial.  Pictorial.   




Crochet Christmas Light Garland tutorial.  A great way to use up some of those yarn scraps!  I can't find a source for this, can anyone help??? 


 


How to make a reversable Swifter sock.  From  Crafty by Nature.  




Crochet covered sponges.  What a novel idea.  From Ravelry and Sylver Designs.  A free pattern.  




Roasting times for vegetables.  A handy lists from She Knows.   


  



How to Cook a variety of grains.  Very handy to know. 




Back to School Survival Kit, from Pizzazzerie. What a great idea for those teens going back to school to keep in their locker! 



 

DIY Simple Made Pretty Homework Caddy Stations. Clever idea.  

And those are my finds for this week!  I hope you found some of them useful! 

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.° ˛°If of thy mortal goods, thou art bereft,
and from they slender store two loaves alone to thee are left,
sell one and with the dole buy hyacinths to feed the soul.
~Sadie Gulistan  .° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •  




In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Fried Chicken Tacos. I don't normally fry foods in my kitchen, but I couldn't resist trying these. They were delicious. I small batched the recipe to feed only two or three people.   

I hope that you have a lovely Friday.  Its a bit dull and overcast here. Its expected to be so all day, but we are in for a rainy weekend. We do need the rain however, so its all good.  Whatever you get up to, don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ 
═══════════

And I do too!


3 comments:

  1. Mm-m-m roasted veggies, but not till it gets much cooler. The nights are much better now, with lovely mornings, but still hot in the afternoons. Here is some "advice" for hot weather, don't go to the corner of your rooms, they are always 90 degrees! My cousin in England send me that. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved all your Friday finds, Marie. How cute are those bottle cap pin cushions? And Martha's envelope book. Enjoy your day. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie....You can find the book binding site here: https://merchesico.blog/2012/06/02/independent-bookbinding-2/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!