Tuesday 23 August 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

  


FOR TODAY, August 23rd, 2022

Outside my window ...
Its been raining. Of course!  Its garbage day! It always rains or snows or whatever on garbage day!  Just something which I have noticed. Not complaining. We need the rain.

I am thinking ...
One of my friend posted on her FB page about how she was cleaning her floor at an ungodly hour and why was that? Because she hates cleaning her fridge.  Apparently she had cleaned out her fridge for garbage day (compost) and had the bag of compost on the counter, waiting for her to put it into the bin, as she gave her refrigerator a few last wipes, turned to rinse the cloth and caught the compost bag filled with all of the science experiments, etc. of the last week and knocked it onto the floor. I so felt her pain.  Been there. Done that. I hate cleaning my fridge too.

I am thankful for ...
A new day and fresh page to write upon.

In the kitchen ... 



Herb Roasted Pork Loin & Potatoes. Tender, juicy and delicious.  Garlicky. Buttery. Wow. 


On my "To Cook" list ... 



Pinch of Yum. Filipino Spaghetti.  It looks insanely delicious! 


Good to know ... 


I am wanting to create ... 


Daisy Cottage Designs.  Love this pattern. 



Crochet Dreamz   Now that's different! 


Your Crochet. Scrubbie Dots.



The Raspberry Rabbit. I love this. 



No source, but so cute! 

I am reading ... 


The Book of Psalms by Alabaster. It reads like poetry.  I have always loved them. 

"Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. (51:10, 11) 

Looking forward to ...

A cuddle with the cats on the sofa later on.

Dreaming about ... 

 

Fresh Apples  . . . 

 

White porcelain . . . 

 

Roses  . . . 

 

Owls  . . . . 

 

Yes  . . . 


Something to watch ... 


House of the Dragon  . . .  I watched all of Game of Thrones, I think it only fitting I watch the prequel. A few cringeworthy moments, but overall so far, a good storyline.

Makes me smile ... 

 

Bees doing lunch  . . . 

Corners of my kingdom ... 


They rule my roost  . . . 

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*I can shake off everything as I write,
my sorrows disappear, my courage is reborn.
~Anne Frank  •。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。 

And that's my daybook for this week! 


   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 
  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 
 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       

10 comments:

  1. Pouring of rain for the second day here, so desperately needed. Maybe clean the fridge day, but after your story think I will give it a miss :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drought is a problem all over the world Linda! Very frightening! We are really at the mercy of the elements. LOL about the fridge! xoxo

      Delete
  2. So violent yet again..the House of Dragons..And I could feel his wife's pain at the crude op to get the son ..who dies anyways:(THis is more a J show..but I watch..Did you watch the finale of Grantchester?:)Loved it.I think you need to make that cat ornament:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I wonder at the violence. Is it really needed, or the other stuff. But many seem to enjoy it. I just try not to pay attention to it. I am way behind on Grantchester! I do love that cat ornament! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Oh my that spaghetti...ah for the good ole days when I could eat such!! We gotta get us some crochet going girl!! I have been pondering what project I should get supplies to do...
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you Elizabeth! Lets get some crochet going! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hi Marie! We need rain so desperately! It clouds up, the wind blows but no rain. I love a clean fridge but hate cleaning it ;0) It's that time of year when I want to have a crochet project. The scrubbies look fun and quick, they would make a fun gift. Psalms, one of my favorite books in the Old Testament, they really do read like a poem or a song...love them. Have a great week! Hugs and Love, Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a problem world wide Barb. I was looking at photographs yesterday of carved stones in Europe that have not been seen in a hundred years, but are now appearing due to the rivers receding and widespread drought. We will be in trouble soon if we are not careful! Hugs and love, xoxo

      Delete
  5. Yikes! That kitty ornament! Soooo cute! I can’t take those violent shows…too hard on old me. Enjoy your day, V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try not to pay attention to the violent parts V! But I know what you mean! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!