Thursday 18 August 2022

My Favorite Things . . .

 

A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitter pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥    I'm pretty sure however, that these things mainly make my own heart sing.  


 


Those eyes.  Ever notice how much soul there is contained in a dog's eyes? They speak volumes.


 

Dangly earrings  . . .  these are particularly beautiful  . . . 


 

Blues, whites and old wooden clothes pegs  . . . 


 

Roses . . . . 


 

Peter Rabbit  . . . 


 


Brooches  . . .  these are really cute . . . 


 

A place to call home  . . . 

 

Windowsill vases . . .  so pretty  . . . 


 


Cotton Tea Towels  . . . 

 


Straw hats  . . . 

 

Daisies  . . . 

 


Let there be light  . . . 

 

What she said  . . . 

 


Greengate . . . 

 

A comfy chair to curl up in  . . . 

 

Love, love, love  . . . 

 

This  . . . 

 

If they could talk  . . . 

 

Yes, please  . . . . 

 

Hydrangea  . . .  I never had a blue one, only white and pink  . . .  the ones at my house in England would now be starting to turn from pink to russet  . . . so beautiful  . . . 

And those are my favorite things for today!

I had a lovely time last night at dinner with Cindy, Dad and his friends.  The food was appalling as always, but the company was good. I enjoyed it very much. Came home, fed the kitty cats, had a shower and got into my jim jams. It was thunder and lightening out and the rain was pelting down, but I was safe and warm here in my cozy little house, with those warm little furry bodies nestled next to me on the sofa.

I've been watching this girl on YouTube.  She does recipes from 200 years ago or so. She doesn't say anything.  Just cooks in her cabin kitchen over an open fire.  I find it quite fascinating. Its like something my sister and I would have enjoyed doing when we were younger, but we were too busy raising a family I guess.  She wears the clothing and everything.  Living the dream. 

I will leave you now with a thought for the day   . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*When you make a choice,
you change the future.
~Deepak Chopra•。★★ 。* 。 




In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Easy Rib Eye Steak Dinner.  I picked up a steak a while back marked down by 30% and froze it. I cooked it the other day with most delicious results.

I hope you have a lovely day! I am not sure what the weather is going to do here yet, but whatever comes, I will enjoy.  Have a great one, be happy, and don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       


6 comments:

  1. Glad you all had a good time. Hope you don't have after effects from the booster shot. Happy Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dinner with family and friends is the best…it’s not what’s on the table, it’s who is in the chairs that make it so. It’s hot hot here but it’s August and it’s supposed to be hot hot. Have a nice day. V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very right about that V! Maybe I am too picky when it comes to food. I only ever very rarely enjoy a meal out! Its not so hot here today, but I don't mind. I hate heat and humidity! xoxo

      Delete
  3. 'That Girl' is Justine. She and her partner Ron are historical reenactors. I've been watching them since the beginning of Covid. They are excellent and very nice, real people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are great! I could watch her for hours. I thought they might be historical reeanactors! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!