Wednesday 24 August 2022

Sometimes I may wander . . .

 

 
 


I am sitting upright under the sheets in the middle of my bed.  The early morning light is just beginning to filter through and I can just barely see the patterns of the roses printed on the sheet on the other side.  I am the only one in the house who is awake at this point, and I am in a world all of my own making.  I am in my very own personal tent, sitting on my magic carpet.

 


It is cool and safe inside my tent.  In my imagination I could be anywhere in the world my imagination can take me. I could be sitting on an oasis in the middle of a hot desert, with camels cooling themselves outside of my tent beneath the shade of palm trees . . . their grunts of complaint and grumbling noises pierce the air around my tent.


 


Maybe I am pitched on a Tahitian beach. I can hear the waves gently lapping at the shore as the sun slowly makes its way up the horizon. The glow it casts on the water is a magical thing . . . tiny crabs skitter across the sand in the growing light, making their way back to the sea which gives them life. They make tiny scratching noises as they go  . . . 


 


I'm high on a mountain top, amidst the clouds.  The cries of a bald eagle echoes through the air as it soars above the tree tops of the canyons below me. It is the sound of freedom, and sends a shiver up my spine.  I am so high that I feel as if I could just reach out through the clear, clean, crystal air and touch the hem of heaven's garments  . . . 


 


Could it be that I am sitting on the edge of the North Pole?  A brush of cold air passes across my skin at the thought and I am hearing the shouts of the men and the bark of the sled dogs as they wait, pulling at their straps and playfully fighting amongst themselves.  Their breath puffs out in front of their noses in frosty glinting clouds.  And then they are off,  dogs barking as their eager shoulders pull against the harness, the sounds of the sled skis whistling against the snow as they disappear into the horizon, whips cracking . . . 

I can be anywhere, doing anything I want. Limited only by my imagination.  

The imagination is a powerful thing. It can tether us to the earth or help us to soar through the skies as if on the wings of a bird.   We can go inside our favorite books and see our characters and their environments come to life as if  by magic. We can live and dream and hope many things . . .  and bring them all to life. Trip the light fantastic. 

I've always had a very vivid imagination, even as a child. I dream in color each night. Bright amazing color. My dreams are like little movies.  I will sometimes dream the whole dream all the night through. Sometimes my dreams are so vivid and so unlikeable though that I have to wake myself up and do something else for a time, like read, etc.  Does this happen to you?  Those dreams I am not so fond of.

I woke up very early this morning. I had to go to the bathroom about 5:15 and that was it. I couldn't go back to sleep so I just got up, now I am really tired, lol. I may have a  nap later today. I might not be able to help myself!

With that I will leave you with a thought for today. 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*Those who dwell among
the beauties and mysteries
of the earth, are never
alone or weary of life.
~Rachel Carson•。★★ 。* 。



Cooking in The English Kitchen today . . .  quick and easy Garlic Parmesan Pull-Apart Bread, small batch recipe. Deliciously moreish. Probably dangerous.

I hope that you have a great day.  Be safe. Be happy. Be blessed.  Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       

8 comments:

  1. Ah-h-h dreams. I'm an early riser too, sometimes it is the best part of the day. Happy Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, not many of my dreams are in vivid color...and usually I don't remember them...though there are a few...and yes, I also have some disturbing ones...probably not possible not to if one has lived through some violence in their life. I am grateful that it is not worse tho'...usually no remembrance of them. I figure if GOD for some reason wants me to remember the few I do remember...there might be a reason...
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just never know Elizabeth! All will be clear one day! xoxo

      Delete
  3. It’s delightful to ‘travel’ with you as you describe sitting on your own magic carpet. I think you should write that book or books that are swirling around in your mind. Thanks for the trip this morning. Wishing you a lovely day. xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you also have a lovely day V! Be blessed! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hi Marie~ Such a beautiful post! I think you should write a children's book, Marie, I could almost see in my minds eye all the things you were talking about! Dreams...I have always had very vivid dreams, some good, even wonderful, others are scary and very disturbing. Just the other night I woke up with a scream in my throat. It never really came out as a scream, but it was there...it will take me some time to forget that dream. I can even remember dreams I had as a child ;0) Take that nap today, and dream a beautiful dream!! Hugs and Love, Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Barb! I could do without the scary dreams. Dreams have a way of following me through the day for some reason. I am like you, I, too, remember dreams I had as a child! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!