Wednesday 12 January 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 

FOR TODAY, January 12th 2022

Outside my window ...
Its very cold this morning. -15*C  which is 5*F, and it says it feels like -21*C or -5.9*F.  The heat pump is working away.  There is a special weather advisory in effect. Scattered rain and snow showers for later today. 

I am thinking ...
Cinnamon is being very quiet. She did eat when she first got home from the Vet. I only gave her a small amount, but she was not interested in her breakfast at all this morning. I have her in my bedroom at the moment, keeping her away from Nutmeg.  He is being a bit too rambunctious, which is what I was worried about.  He can't help it, he is just being a cat. I hope she will be okay. I am keeping a close eye on her.

I am thankful for ...
Right now a warm home.  I wish everyone had one.

In the kitchen ... 



I made these Toasted Cubano Sandwiches the other day with some of my leftover roast pork, ham, pickles, mustard, cheese, garlic butter. Very good.

On my "To Cook" list ... 



OMG Chocolate Desserts. German Chocolate Cake Cookies.  These look rather good.

Good to know ... 

 

People are who they are.  I also saw it written one time, when someone shows you who they are, believe them.

I am wanting to create ... 



No source. Crochet placemats and coasters. They would be easy enough to figure out, but in all truth I would probably get bored after the first one. 


 



Patchwork Heart.  Crochet Hot Water Bottle Covers. Inspo only. 




Loving the colors of this. Again no source.




Maggie Weldon
on Ravelry. Vintage Potholders. 


 


Fiona McIvor on Ravelry. Love the colours of this as well.  


I am reading ... 



Mr. Dickens and His Carol, by Samantha Silva 

Charles Dickens is not feeling the Christmas spirit. His newest book is an utter flop, the critics have turned against him, relatives near and far hound him for money. While his wife plans a lavish holiday party for their ever-expanding family and circle of friends, Dickens has visions of the poor house. But when his publishers try to blackmail him into writing a Christmas book to save them all from financial ruin, he refuses. And a serious bout of writer’s block sets in.

Frazzled and filled with self-doubt, Dickens seeks solace in his great palace of thinking, the city of London itself. On one of his long night walks, in a once-beloved square, he meets the mysterious Eleanor Lovejoy, who might be just the muse he needs. As Dickens’ deadlines close in, Eleanor propels him on a Scrooge-like journey that tests everything he believes about generosity, friendship, ambition, and love. The story he writes will change Christmas forever. 

I know. I should have read this before Christmas, but I only just discovered it. Enjoying it very much. 

Dreaming about ...



Blue pails and cast iron birds . . .  wildflowers  . . . 


 

Vintage baby  . . . .  blue  . . . 


 

Things that surprise  . . . 


 


Bluebird table linens  . . . 


 

Vintage bluebird  . . . 


Something to watch ... 



Watching reruns of Laverne and Shirley on CHCH which is a channel on my tv. Always loved that show.


Makes me smile ... 

 

Little knitted houses.  Tina Vijlo Anderson on Ravelry.  So cute. Some have their lights on. Cute.

Corners of my kingdom ... 


Cinnamon on my bed. She is not quite herself this morning. Its to be expected.  In the meantime Nutmeg is dragging the water bowl across the floor and playing in it. Making a mess.

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
I heard a winter tree in song,
its leaves were birds, one hundred strong.
And all at once it ceased to sing,
for all its leaves had taken wing.
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •  

I just love this. Such a beautiful thought  . . .

And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!  
     




19 comments:

  1. Poor little Cinnamon. She'll perk up in a day or two. Loved the crocheted afghans and hot water bottle covers - so cheerful. And the vintage pot holders. I have a few red and white ones. It's very cold here, too. Staying in again. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got her to drink some water this morning. Keeping Nutmeg off her is the challenge. It is an ongoing battle. She wants to be near me and he wants to be on her. I am staying in today as well! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. Forgot to ask if you have had any side effects from your booster shot. Hope not. I bet your arm is sore, though. Take care, stay warm. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a mild headache Elaine. My arm was a tiny bit sore! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  3. Loved Laverne and Shirley too.Have a good day Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From time to time I put on Laverne Shirley. The cold of the last couple of days is over, for now, kind of a dull day so far. Cinnamon will perk up as the day goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kitten will soon feel better and want to play too. That is the hard part, trying to keep them quiet. Glad you can stay in now and keep warm. It's way too cold out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its very cold here this morning Pam. Cinnamon is well back to normal now. What a blessing these two little creatures are for me! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Thinking of you and little Cinnamon. Yes,good to keep her hydrated. It's tougher for the girl kitties than the boys.
    Hugs.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love vintage and crochet and bluebirds and Laverne and Shirley! Hoping Cinnamon is much better today and soon back to her playful self. Have a warm and cozy day. xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marie~

    I love all of your daybook! Cinnamon is so pretty, she will be herself quickly, cats are smart little creatures and know when and how to take it easy when they need to. She will be bouncing around the house soon. I love the thought at the end of your post. It seems like this time of year, the birds fill the trees, and the slightest movement has them flying away! Stay healthy and safe! XOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Barb! I loved that thought also! I hope you stay healthy and safe likewise! xoxo

      Delete
  9. My book arrived today, earlier than predicted, I’m going to spend this BC Atmospheric River day browsing. Congratulations !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it Angharad! I know not many photographs, but the publishers decided what goes in and what doesn't. I would have liked a photo with each recipe! Thank you! xoxo

      Delete
    2. 2 more arrived on Saturday. I’m gifting them to friends one to my young granddaughter who like to bake.

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!