Friday 21 January 2022

My Friday Finds . . .

 

 



A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become . . . Maybe they will do the same for you!   



 

24 useful tips from the Crafty Blog Stalker.   Some of these are amazingly brilliant, and yes, you will find yourself saying, "Why didn't I think of that!"  People are just so smart! 



 

Mom 4 Real.  Two ingredients instant car de-icer.  This will come in handy.  Its amazing!  Can you believe that some people also try pouring boiling water on their car windows?  Don't ever do that. 



The Southern Living Year.    Very helpful.



From One Good Thing.  Gifts in a jar.  They're not just for Christmas.  These would be great for Birthdays or anytime you are looking for a great gift for someone.   I can't think of anyone who would not love to get one of these for any occasion.  These are fantastic! 



I am loving both the colour and the pattern in this beautiful crochet throw from Ravelry


 


15 Free Printables for Valentines Day.  From Just Busy with Life



Starting a Bullet Journal.  I love this.  From Sarah's Chapter



Ravelry.  Wicked Witch House Socks by Amy Schurmann. 



 

I love this short sleeved ladies sweater.  From Etsy.  Not free, but not expensive either.  Instant Digital Download. 



 

For when the power goes off.  An Emergency Heater.  Been doing this for years.  But it's nice to have a tutorial to share.  It really works and will heat a small room, and you can boil water on it as well.  From Budget 101


A Photography Cheat Sheets.  From Hand Luggage Only.  There is more than one sheet. 




Oval Crochet Rug Pattern, from Craftsy.  I love this.  Not free but not expensive either. 



Ravelry, the Granny Shawl.  A free pattern download.  I love this. 



The Knitting Network.  Crochet Hot Water Bottle pattern.  Not expensive.  I like the little heart pocket. 



From Hello Glow.  How to make Aroma Relief Roll Ons for Headache, Insomnia and Cramps.  




Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Hearts.  Be still my beating heart.  These look gorgeous and my peanut butter loving soul wants to try them.  From Baker By Nature



I love this simple scarf pattern.   It looks very easy.  From Stitch and Unwind.  



I am sorry for another Crochet pattern, but I can't resist showing you this blanket.  I love it.  From Cool Creativity





From Your Homebased Mom, something for the kids and grandkiddies.   Bread in a Bag.   I might even give this a go!  





Kiss Me Countdown.  A sweet way to count down the days until Valentines Day.  From Eighteen 25


Valentines Garland.  No source, but it would be very easy to do.  Playing cards (cheap enough at the dollar/pound shop), a paper punch to cut two holes in the top of each card for threading through ribbon.  Torn fabric strips to tie on and knot, anchoring between the cards.  Simple. 




Hands holding hearts Pop Up Valentines.  From The House that Lars Built




 Free printable Stationary.  I like this.  From Glenda's World.  Journal Pages and stationary and a whole lot more cute free printables.  Love LOVE this page. 



Twelve small changes for heart health.  Easy enough.  Well, quitting smoking is quite hard.  I know because I did that 33 years ago.  Wasn't easy, but it can be done and was well worth the effort. 




Hazelnut Mice.  These are so adorable.  From Renaissance Revival.  cute. 


 

 Garter Stitch Swingy Sweater from Ravelry.  I love, LOVE this.


And those are my finds for this week. I hope you saw something of interest. 



It was three years ago today that mom left us.  It is hard to believe that it has been that long. I know I was not here for her in the last few years of her life, but that wasn't because I chose not to be.  I wasn't able to be here for her and I will always regret that I wasn't.  I wasted those years I could have been doing for mom in doing for someone who didn't deserve me. I had always been there for my mom, always. It still breaks my heart that I wasn't able to be there for her at the end.  I hope she knows that didn't mean I loved her any less.  It wasn't that I didn't care . . . 



A thought to carry with you  . . .



.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.° ˛°. . 
˛*It is easier to build up a child
        than it is to repair an adult.
                ~unknown    .° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •  



In The English Kitchen today   . . .  Coffee Cream Muffins. A grown up muffin. Not a cupcake. A muffin.


Have a fabulous Friday.  Whatever you get up to don't forget! 


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too! 



10 comments:

  1. You need a lovely, peaceful day today thinking about your mom. She was everything to you. It's bitter cold here. We'll be staying in. Keep warm.
    Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine. It is bitter cold here also. If we didn't have a ton of snow and if I thought they might have ploughed the cemetery I might have gone to visit her, but I doubt that they have. You stay safe and warm also. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. Lovely finds, I always enjoy and learn something from your Friday Finds.
    The ‘I Miss You Mom’ poem warms my heart with memories of my own Mom. Thank you. Your Mom knew your heart better than anyone, keep those memories of her close in your heart and be happy. XO, V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks V. There is nothing quite like a mom eh? Memories are the best. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Even more frigid here than yesterday, -28 Celsius at mid day. I have a granny shawl and love it. Stay warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Granny shawls really help to keep the shoulders warm Linda! You stay warm and cozy also! xoxo

      Delete
  4. loved all the crochet ideas!! Loved the poem about mom...and at least you know your mom was well cared for by those near her...and now at least you are FREEEEEEEEE!!!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true Elizabeth. Stay safe and stay warm. xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!