Tuesday 4 January 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 


FOR TODAY, January 4th, 2022

Outside my window ...
Its cold and snowing lightly. There is a light dusting of snow on the ground, but that's all. It is -9 Celsius according to my phone. The heat pump is working away to keep me warm. Everyone has taken down their Christmas lights and wreaths. It looks bare. My first daybook entry of the new year.

I am thinking ...
I woke up at 2 am with what I thought was a dripping nose, but it was a bleeding nose.  It took me a while to get it stopped, but I did.  Now I have a beautiful pristine white pillow case with a nice blood stain on it. I am soaking it at the moment with white vinegar, which I probably should have done right away, but I knew if I got up doing things, then I would be up all night. Hopefully I will get it out.

I am thankful for ...
That it is only a small spot. There is more on my bottom sheet, but that is multi-colored so it won't show up really. I am also thankful that I woke up when I did and got it stopped.  Thankful also that I was able to go back to sleep.

In the kitchen ... 


Quick and Easy Drop Biscuits for two. The recipe makes only four of the lightest, fluffiest, buttery crispy coated biscuits you could ever want to eat! 

On my "To Cook" list ...  



Sparkles of Yum.  I have a pork roast calling its name.  Garlic and Herb Pork Roast with Creamy White Wine Gravy. It looks and sounds delicious. 

Good to know ... 




I am wanting to create ... 



Little Burrow Designs.  Love her work.  




Hannah Nunn.  Love this also. 


 


Hens Teeth.  Can you tell I am wanting to work with miniatures again? 




Kate Kato.  She is a botanical artist. Love her work. 




Little Dash
.  I think its Little Red Riding Hood?  Perhaps. 

I am reading ... 


SAFE PASSAGE, by Carla Kelly
It’s 1912, the beginning of the Mexican Revolution—and the Mormon colonists must flee to the United States. When his estranged wife is mistakenly left behind, Ammon Hancock goes back to rescue her. But when he finds her, he must coax her to follow him to safety… and maybe even love him again. This revolution could be the very thing that ends their war of hearts. 

I have read several of Carla's books in the past and really enjoyed them.   


Dreaming about ...

 


A well  made sandwich  . . . 

 

Now that's what I call an oven  . . . 

 

Snow men  . . . . 

 

 
Covered bridges  . . . 

 

Tiled roof tops  . . .  pink houses  . . .  balconies  . . . 

Something to watch ... 



Somebody Feed Phil on Netflix. I love LOVE this show. I never get tired of it and watch the episodes again and again.  You get to see places all over the world and experience their tastes through him.

Makes me smile ... 


This is my brother. I think he's proud of me or something.  😊 

Corners of my kingdom ... 


Where the magic happens  . . .  I am blessed.  

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.Good things come to those who believe.
Better things come to those who are patient,
and the best things come to those
who don't give up.•。★★ 。* 。 


I suppose there is some truth to that. 

And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!  
     

5 comments:

  1. It is freezing here. -17 yesterday morning and -10 this morning. stay home days for sure. I used the self cleaning oven setting yesterday, it puts lots of heat in the kitchen, so it was a good day to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure he IS proud..Miniatures are fun..I started making that jewelry with glass and soldering..then I gave all my stained glass equipment away..I don't miss it though..It was a reminder that I was not using it all enough..Jacques' nose used to bleed..until SEcaris:) Cheap..cheerful ..nary a bleed in 2 yrs..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure your brother is very proud. It's a charming cookbook. The first thing I'm going to make is Eccles Cakes. I love them and they are hard to find in the stores.
    Next will be crumpets. So many recipes I want to try. Oxyclean is good for removing stains. We're off to get our boosters this afternoon. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a little snow on the ground and it's well below freezing this morning but it's sunny and supposed to warm up so the snow weill soon be history. Good thing because we're to get more later in the week. It's winter for sure, so we just try to enjoy it. Those biscuits look wonderful! I love them with butter and a little honey. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photo of your brother and your book.
    Love your book. :-)
    xox, V

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!