Tuesday 25 January 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 

FOR TODAY, January 25, 2022

Outside my window ...
Its very cold (-7) and snow is falling. I am supposed to take Cinnamon for her Post-op check up this morning, but I am not sure I will get there.  I think I will phone and see if I can't just send a photograph like I did with Nutmeg. She is eating well, playing well and everything looks fine at the operation site.

I am thinking ...
It might be a soup day.  We shall see how the day progresses.

I am thankful for ...
Faith, family and friends. I am a very blessed woman.  Very blessed.

In the kitchen ... 


 
Quick and Easy Baked Chicken Tacos. These are so simple to make and can be on the table in 20 minutes, including prep time. I topped mine with some sour cream, chopped spring onion, chopped tomato and diced avocado. How will you enjoy yours?   

On my "To Cook" list ... 



Vikalink   Creamy Orzo Pasta with Roasted Butternut Squash. This looks fabulously tasty! 

Good to know ... 


Musely.  How to make your own foaming hand wash.

I am wanting to create ... 


 
Christmas Notebook.  How to create putz houses from old Christmas cards. Cute and easy. A complete tutorial.

 

Brenda Walton. Heart Pockets.  Cute! Pretty much Inspo only though.




Sweet Bee Crochet.  Mini pouches to crochet.



5 Little Monsters   Diagonal Weave Crochet Dishcloths 


 

I cannot find the source for this one, but I think it is beautiful.


I am reading ... 



The Road from Gap Creek, by Robert Morgan
This is the sequel to a book I read late last year by the same author called Gap Creek.
This sequel to "Gap Creek" tells the story of Julie and Hank's marriage years after they moved away from Gap Creek. They are now the parents of four grown (or nearly grown) children, and the life they live is based in large part on what they can raise and grow on their farm in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina. 

Taking place in the 1920s and '30s, the story of this one family serves a microcosm of the larger events taking place in the country and the world . . . from the booming '20s to deadly epidemics, from the Depression to World War II. While they are dirt poor, they are rich in love, and that is what makes this story just bloom. Writing in the vernacular of the time and place, author Robert Morgan has created a tale that rings true and authentic.  

I am really enjoying this book.

Dreaming About ... 

 
(source

Glass stars  . . . 

 

Cottage Gardens  . . . 

 


White on white on white  . . . 

 


Classical Violin  . . . 

 
(source


Vintage pitchers  . . . 

Something to watch ... 

 

The Gilded Age.  HBO on Crave.  From the same people who brought us Downton Abby.

Makes me smile ... 

 

These two. It never stops.  The joy.  They keep me hopping!

Corners of my kingdom ... 


One of the old Victorian houses in our town.  Beauties. 

A thought to carry with you  ...

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
 *A beautiful day begins
with a beautiful mindset.•。★★ 。* 。



And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!  
     




8 comments:

  1. Have not started The GUilded Age..But I did start season3 of AfterLife..Love that series..as I did Derek..two Ricky Gervais creations..I never knew he was that dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Monique, my heart broke at the end of season 3 of AfterLife. I was left wondering that had happened. I was in tears. xoxo

      Delete
    2. I loved season 3.. I guess that's it:( Sob..The Gilded Age I like so far.Thought it was so miscast..but..not sure anymore.

      Delete
    3. Yes, that's it, no season 4. He left us wanting! I so wanted a happy ending for him, but perhaps he got it? I like The Gilded Age so far, but like you I am not warming to all the characters. Some seem a bit wooden? Not the same feeling as Downton, but maybe in time? Here's hoping! xo

      Delete
  2. Fluffy snow overnight here, but lovely and sun this morning. Working on my second embroidered pillow case set and started a new afghan kit that arrived yesterday. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had fluffy snow all day yesterday. Your pillow slips are beautiful Linda. Where do you get afghan kits? xoxo

      Delete
  3. I agree with you, you can't have a beautiful day without thinking beautiful thoughts ! It is very good here too and a soup day sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God bless you Pam! I loved seeing all your wedding photos. How precious they are. xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!