Friday 14 January 2022

My Friday Finds . . .

 

 

 

 

A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become . . . Maybe they will do the same for you!    



  

Namolio on Flickr. No instructions, but its basically two granny squares put together to make  needlebook. Love it.


 
  

Fifteen minute Puff Pastry!  Dessert For Two.  I have not tried this, but I am going to.   I'll let you know how I get on!




Garlic Confit in a Jar.   You get all of this lovely garlic and when it's done . . .  garlic flavoured oil for cooking.   From Circa Happy. 



 


Homemade Soft Pretzels from Recipe Boy.   Can you believe I have never had a soft pretzel?  Never!  I have always wanted to try one.  Now is my chance!  These look really easy to make! 


  


I just love this chunky crochet Popcorn Scarf.   I think I am going to give this a go.  I've got lots of yarn left from my blanket.   From Hopeful Honey.   There are actually a LOT of crochet patterns on her page.   Brilliant! 




Craft By Photo DIY Tin Can Lanterns.   These would be great in the summer for out in the garden.   A lot cheaper than buying fancy garden lanterns too!  Now's the time to be saving those tin cans! 



 

Printable Old School Wall Charts.  I love these!  They would come in handy for all sorts!  From  Knick of Time


 


All you need for this cute little craft is some wooden peg dolls and sharpie pens.   Adorable!  From The Red Thread




Felt Paper Dolls from The Prudent Homemaker.   Such a nice idea.  Perfect for little hands that are not as tender as they should be and that might rip real paper dolls.   Great way to use up some fabric scraps also. 



 

Free Printable Love Coupon Book for Valentines Day.   From I Heart Naptime. The perfect Valentine's Day gift for that person who is difficult to buy for.  It's a really cute idea. 



 

Free printable treat toppers for Valentines day.   I think they would be great to put together treats for your Sunday School Class, Grandkiddos, etc.   From Makoodle



 

 This is the time of year that people start coming down with colds and stuff and I found this fabulous infographic on home remedies.  Some of these old things are great.  If you clock on Grandpa's Compounding it will take you to a larger infographic that you can read more easily. 


 

I don't know about you, but I can always use help with this.  There is some great advice there.   Coupons are not all that common here so if I can find other ways to cut costs I am all for it.  Found on Pint Sized Treasures




How to get rid of mold from The Space Between.   I have not tried this but I am going to.  




If you are like me this is always a problem, or at least most of the time it is.   This really works.   From Made From Pinterest.   An interesting site.  Three sisters who create things from Pinterest and then share their results of what actually works.   Genius! 



 

You know those boxes you can buy with all of the basic food colourings in them?   A chart which tells you how to make just about any colour of icing using that box.  From Anna & Blue.    The chart on her page is larger and readable. 


 


From Keeper of the Home.   A soothing Lemon-Ginger Drink to take when you have a nasty cold or the flu.  I've been making this for years.   It's really good and works great!   Very comforting. 




Suffer from occasional Insomnia?  This is said to help with that problem. From Pregnancy.org.Warm milk with vanilla and honey. I have done this and it does work.


 


Small space organization tips from Southern Living.   Really handy for those who have to deal with the frustration of living in homes with not a lot of storage like moi! 



 

What an absolutely brilliant idea.  It's two hangers, hung on a wall upside down.  You end up with a hook to hang your towels on and a place for the washcloth/flannel!  Doh!  Such a simple idea.  Why didn't I think of it?   From DIYN Crafts



 

How to create your own Grab and Go Binder, filled with everything you need.  This is your handy document keeper that you keep in a safe but accessible place that you can easily grab in the event of a dire emergency and you need to run out of the house. Everyone needs one of these.  From Apartment Prepper, Family Preparedness from an Apartment.  Brilliant page! 



Very Jane Austenish!  I love it.   A candle holder made from an old tea cup.   Brilliant.   Ten Brilliant Ideas to Upcycle TeaCups.  From A Cultivated Nest.  




While we are talking candles and tea cups.   A complete tutorial on how to make a candle in a teacup.   Beautiful.   From Hey Gorgeous


 


How to recycle an old silver chest into a Jewelry Box.   Such a sweet idea.   From Feather's and Flight. 




Are you a lover of fonts?   I adore them and am always collecting new ones.  I found these brilliant ones,  free for the asking, from The Cottage Market.   Great blog by the way as well.   It's an eclectic blog, with a little bit for everyone on it. 



 

Free Printable Papers.  With everything from plain lines, to graph paper, Yahtzee Score Sheets to cheque books.   Its all on Printable Paper.  What can't you find on the internet?  Amazing! 


 


How to turn an old coffee table into a bench.   Brill idea.  From Sabby in Suburbia




How to cook Perfect Brown Rice every time.  From Our Best Bites.    They pinched it from America's Test Kitchen.  No more gummy rice!  



 

I just love these little crocheted collars with the floral embellishments.  From Crochetlatte.  It's a free pattern.   There's a lot of really cute crochet on that blog. 



 

 I love this pincushion.  It's really cute.   From Crafty Goodies.  No instructions but a fab idea for repurposing things that have no other use!  



 


Isn't this gorgeous?   I love it!  Cherry Blossom Dresser from Miss Mustard Seed.   Lots of inspiration for an old piece of furniture. 



 

 I love to embroider and I just adore this little vignette with the wisteria and the sheep and the beehive and bees, and foxgloves, etc.  So pretty.   From The Floss Box.    



 

No source, but what beautiful Monograms.  I loved Monogrammed linens.   



 


Make your own Lip Gloss.   Easy Peasy.   From Cheeky Kitchen



 

When I was a girl my mom had a little crocheted zebra that I always wanted to play with.  I was so excited this morning to discover this really cute crochet zebra pattern.  From Janice Cyr on Revelry. So cute! 


 


Are you wanting to eat a bit healthier this month.  These smoothies should help. I love smoothies!  67 smoothie recipes from Mom on Time Out.  The Pear Ginger Cinnamon Oat is looking pretty good to me! 



 

I am love, LOVING this As we Go stripey crochet blanket.   What a great way to use up yarn scraps!  So colourful and it would never get boring that's for sure.  Found on Not Your Average Crochet



 

How to have an always clean bathroom by spending only 2 minutes a day on it.  How wonderful!  I love a clean bathroom, but I hate spending a lot of time on it when I could be doing other things.   I am going to be putting this to the test.  From The Complete Guide to Imperfect Homemaking



 

10 Tips for Cleaning with Salt.   This is something I always have in my house.   So easy to use too!  found on Self Sufficiency Home



 How to make an emergency room heater to help keep a small room warm in a power cut.   This is invaluable.  You can find out all the directions on Mom Prepares.   All you will need is some tea lights, two clay pots and a loaf dish/pan.   Added bonus.  You can also heat water or soup on top of the clay pots. 



 

 DIY Oil Lamp using a Mason Jar.  Complete tutorial for indoors or outdoor use, from Put It In A Jar



This is a brilliant idea for underbed storage.   Repurpose old drawers by adding wheel casters on them  You can just slide them in and out then.  Paint them funky colours etc.   Fun and easy to do! 



 

How to make paper fortune cookies, for Chinese New Year Celebrations or your next fun Chinese Food Get-together or party.   From Unsophisticook.   So pretty and such a brilliant idea!

And those are my finds for this week.  I hope you found something useful here.  I do so enjoy finding these things to share! 

We are supposed to be getting another bad story today, carrying on into tomorrow. I sure hope we don't lose our power!   

A thought to carry with you  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛

˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
 *."One of the secrets of a happy life
is continuous small treats." 
~Iris Murdock•。★★ 。* 。 


 
In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Chicken Escallops with Kiev Butter. You get crispy coated tender pieces of chicken topped with a fabulous garlic and herb butter. Very tasty! 

I hope you have a wonderful Friday. Wherever you are stay warm and stay safe!  Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too.


12 comments:

  1. Cute things:) I did embroider that sheep vignette many many moons ago and gave as a gift:)Big storm Monday for us..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I bet it was lovely!! I hope you don't get as much snow as we did Monique! We are still digging out! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Lovely Friday finds, Marie. We're expecting a storm, too but Sunday night into Monday. Stay safe and warm. Lots of crafty ideas to keep you warm. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you don't get as much snow as we did Elaine! We are still not completely dug out! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  3. I love these Friday postings! Marie, I just received your cookbook from Amazon.ca yesterday, and I am thrilled! It is a work of art and I treasure it. I will spend the day baking - thank you for all the wonderful recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I truly hope that you enjoy it! Love and hugs and happy baking! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Great information today, I’m going to clean clean clean! Have a fabulous weekend, stay warm and well. Hugs to Cinnamon and Nutmeg. xo, V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They say cleanliness is next to Godliness V! You stay warm and well also. xoxo

      Delete
  5. WE have a storm moving our way coming in Sunday night into Monday. They don't know how much snow we'll get yet, but I'm hoping it isn't much. I've had enough of winter already and am looking forward to Spring. Hope you can stay safe and warm there and that the power stays on !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope you don't get as much as we did Pam! And that your power stays on! Stay safe and warm! xoxo

      Delete
  6. I use the 15 minute pastry recipe often. It’s just enough for a small apple strudel or a galette. It’s very buttery . It’s. not great for bottom crusts. I’m finding myself using the sour cream pastry these days. I made Dorrie’s Galette des Rois for Epiphany with it. I think the 15 mins one would also have worked well. I never have puff pastry in my freezer when I need it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will bear that in mind Angharad! I need to try some more of Dorie's recipes. I have her books, but haven't cracked one open in a while! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!