Tuesday 11 January 2022

Tuesday This and That . . .

 

 

Just a quick post this morning to let you know I'm still here, still kicking, getting through my day.  My sister and I took Cinnamon to the Vet early this morning. I am not worried so much as to how she will get through the operation, but mostly worried about her recovery and how difficult it will be with a very gregarious older brother. I would really have preferred to have them been done at the same time, but the Vet thought that it would be too much to have two animals in recovery.  I think this possibly might have been a time when I should have listened to my own inner voice and had them done together at the same time, but it is what it is and we will just have to get through it. 


I don't think I have heard Cinnamon cry so much as she did on our way to the Vet. She was really loud.  We both felt really bad for her, but we just had to get through it. Nutmeg is really missing his sister.  I am sure that she will get a really enthusiastic welcome when I bring her back home again at the end of today.  



I had ordered this tea cup back in November off Instagram thinking that it would make a really cute gift for people.  Of course I got an orange one because I like ginger cats!  It arrived yesterday. Finally.  After what, 2 months?  Anyways, I have to say that I am a bit disappointed in it (Surprise!) 



The cat in it is really cute.  I am not disappointed in that.  But the cup is rather small. By the time you get a cat in it, there is really not a lot of room for a hot drink and I think it will cool down really quickly because I measured and at best you might be able to fit 1/2 cup of liquid in it. Not a lot when it comes to enjoying a hot drink. 



The writing on the side is positively juvenile. Not only that, but its crooked.  They may have been going for the rustic look, but  . . . .



This is what it was supposed to look like.  My kitty has no texture to it and the writing is crooked and fading.  And then there is this  . . . 


 

The saucer is about 1/2 inch thick. Not liking that, but not liking even more the uneven trim and drip mark from where they edged it with dark blue paint.  So very unprofessional.

And I paid far too much for what I received.  😕 

But the lesson learned is priceless so there is that.  Don't every buy anything from an IG or a FB ad.  That is the third thing I got burned with. I only ordered three things and all of them have been disappointing crapola for lack of a better word.  Do people not have any pride in their workmanship these days that they will send you stuff like this???  I wouldn't sell anyone anything that was imperfect like this and certainly not for what they are selling. The name of the company. Plantidesign.  Just so you know. Beware.  

 

 
I have developed a rather worrisome  tremble in my right thumb.  I noticed it a few days ago and it has been getting progressively worse.  I don't have a family Doctor and so I did the next best thing, I Dr. Google'd it.  And now I am in slight panic mode.   It seems it could be one of any number of things.

 1. genetics
 2. repetitive motion injury
 3. stress 
 4. anxiety
 5. fatigue
 6. caffeine and other stimulants
 7. medication
 8. carpal tunnel syndrome
 9. Parkinson's disease
10. ALS

The only thing I can do is to massage it and keep an eye on it. If it doesn't go away or starts to be accompanied with other symptoms I guess I will have to do I don't know what because I don't have a family doctor.  Not that it is much better having one. Most appointments are online or over the telephone these days and there is not much in my opinion that can be done for something like this if you can't actually see it happening.

I guess the best thing for this is to just not worry about things. What will be will be. If it was any of the last two there would be nothing they could do for me anyways. I know its not 1, 5, 6 or 7.



 


And with that I will leave you with a thought for today. I will be back tomorrow with my regular Simple Woman's Daybook post. 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *If you choose to not find joy in the snow
you will have less joy in your life
but still the same amount of snow.
~unknown  •。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。  





In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Street Cart Chicken and Rice for two. Delicious!

Have a wonderful Tuesday. I am going to get my Booster this afternoon and then my sister and I are going to go and pick Cinnamon up after that.  Be happy, safe, healthy and blessed and don't forget! 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!




10 comments:

  1. I'm just happy today I have no reason to go out and get to say in the warmth of my home. It is bitter cold and I do hate the cold weather. Hope all goes we'll and that you will have no ill effects from the booster shot. I didn't have any at all. I know you will be glad to have your kitten home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good Pam. I did get a headache early last evening but took something for it. I also woke up in the middle of the night with a headache. Took something then too. So gar that's all. I am happy to have Cinnamon home again! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Oh gee, ordering off the internet is convenient but also can be a gamble. Well, lesson learned. Googling medical advice is not always reliable, I’m hoping and praying you can find a good doctor sooner than later. It’s so hard not to be concerned and wondering about health issues. So many will be keeping you in thoughts and prayers, hope you know that. Good luck with your booster and hoping Cinnamon has a speedy recovery. This month is flying by, isn’t it? Take good care, V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much V. I am always more than grateful for the prayers and happy thoughts! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hi Marie, I would try to close off your wash machine area for a few days. Our vet always told us try not to let our cats jump alot for first few days the girls that is. Because of stitches and such. Good luck with the little ones. Dale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Dale. I am trying to keep her as comfortable as possible and to keep Nutmeg off her. That is the hard part! xoxo

      Delete
  4. If your thrumb is a nerve issue, Marie...some magnesium and B vits, B12 might help...and quit the sugar for awhile...so the natural stuff might work. I hope it is nothing serious. My life is all in a jumble...looks like we may be moving cross country VERY soon...back to our NC kids so they can help us...later.
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Elizabeth. I hope you don't find a move overly stressful at this stage in life. Moving is stressful any time actually.xoxo

      Delete
  5. Hope you have no side affects from your booster, Marie. Hope Cinnamon heals quickly and well after her surgery. And your thumb, that is a mystery. Is there a walk-in clinic you could go to? It is bitter cold here so we are sitting tight. I haven't been out for a week. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good Elaine. Nothing much to report except a bit of a headache. No walk in clinics here. I truly live in the boondocks. I am with you. Staying in where it is dry and warm is the best thing for this time of year! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!