Tuesday 27 November 2018

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 
FOR TODAY, November 27th 2018

Outside my window...
Its dark and cold. They do say it will become a bit warmer over the next few days however, but it will be accompanied with rain.  I would rather have dry and cold, but the rain is what makes this country so beautifully green.

I am thinking ...
I have lived here in Chester, 8 1/2 going on 9 years now, not counting the 3 years I lived here before we moved down South.  That is the longest I have ever lived in any one location in my life. Most of my life I have been like a turtle, carrying my house on my back, moving, moving, moving. Almost all the homes of my childhood have disappeared and some of my adulthood homes as well.  All the change has made me quite adaptable I suppose.  I have never really missed places.  People however . . .  that's another kettle of fish. 
In the kitchen ...

New York  Pizza 
Pizza. One of my favourire food groups! 
On my "To Cook" list ...

Culinary Concoctions by Peabody.  Drunken Orange Cranberry Fruit Cake.  Looks good.

Good to know...

Clean and Scentsible.  Tips on organising and cleaning the fridge.  
I am creating ...

Tea Rose Home.  Tiny Bedroom Tutorial.  Cute!

Rachel Borello Carroll on Ravelry.  A little kindness monster.  Free pattern. Once more, cute!  
Simply Notable. Tumbling Bunnies, beanbag bunnies.  Again, Cute!  
Fuzzy Mitten Lamb.  Barbara Prime on Ravelry.  
Penny and Patch. Love Knitting.  Not free, but not expensive either.  
Oh My Goodness ... 
Raspberry marshmallows coated in dark chocolate.  These are sooooooooooo good! 
I am reading ... 
 

The Girl in the Photograph, by Kate Riordan
When Alice Eveleigh arrives at Fiercombe Manor during the long, languid summer of 1933, she finds a house steeped in mystery and brimming with secrets. Sadness permeates its empty rooms and the isolated valley seems crowded with ghosts, none more alluring than Elizabeth Stanton whose only traces remain in a few tantalisingly blurred photographs. Why will no one speak of her? What happened a generation ago to make her vanish?

As the sun beats down relentlessly, Alice becomes ever more determined to unearth the truth about the girl in the photograph - and stop her own life from becoming an eerie echo of Elizabeth's . . .

 Just starting this. 
Looking Forward to ...
Lunch out with Tina and Tony on Thursday.  I love spending time with these two dear friends. 
Dreaming about ...

Lamps that are bears or bears that are lamps . . .   
Embroidered linens that match . . . 
  
Glitter Christmas Houses   . . . 

  
Plaid Pillows  . . . 


A place to put your makeup on  . . .

Something to watch ... 


Mama Mia 2.  We watched this last night and enjoyed. Not quite as good as the first one, but still plenty of toe tapping sing along music! 

Makes me smile ... 

  

Pretty white paws  . . . 

A quote for the day  ...

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Keep your face always towards the sunshine,
and the shadows will always fall behind you.
~Walt Whitman   •。★★ 。* 。 

Life is better when lived with positivity.


Corners of my kingdom ...


Buttermere, Cumbria. Buttermere is a lake in the English Lake District in North West England. The adjacent village of Buttermere takes its name from the lake. Historically in Cumberland, the lake is now within the county of Cumbria. It is owned by the National Trust, forming part of its Buttermere and Ennerdale property. 


And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 



Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   

8 comments:

  1. Hi, Marie! Sooo good to catch up with you! I'm a bit behind with visiting. Such busy days at the moment... and it's been quite something posting my daily Thankful posts this month. Just 3 days left... haha! Very interesting to hear about how long you've lived in Chester, etc. Pizza as a food group! I think Homer Simpson said that... haha! We LOVE pizza. Many a Saturday evening we make pizza. That cranberry fruit cake looks delicious...mmm... I love fruit cake! Those raspberry/choc marshmallows look dangerously good too--nom-nom!! Ooo... that little knit lamb with the red coat is sooo cute!! Oh... kitty with white paws! We love us a white stockinged-feet cat. ;) Wishing you all a great new week there! LOVE YOU SO MUCH, sweet friend! :) ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to see you Tracy. We will soon be all busy in the run up to Christmas. How did that happen!!! Hope you are staying dry and warm in Norway. It is a miserable wet, cold and windy day here in the UK! Love you too. Love and oodles of hugs. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Snow here today and very cold. Time to bundle up when going out for sure. Hope you are keeping warm and enjoy a terrific Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH, its bitter cold and wet here Pam. Last year this time we did have snow. I remember it well as my friend Audrey passed away and they had to cancel her funeral due to the roads. Hope your tuesday is a lovely one. Stay safe and stay warm! xoxo

      Delete
  3. My mom's vanity looked like yours but not painted.I loved sitting there and tried to have a designated spot throughthe years..Not in this house..I use the bathroom..and often stick the mirror in the window lol,,My daughter bought my other daughter and I light up mirrors last Xmas..w/ magnifier..what a revelation ssss ;)I had one as a teen plastic w/ round bulbs..this thing could be used for operations..

    I found a white glitter house..left by iteslf sometime January after all the sales..I will pull it out..
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH, I bet your Glitterhouse will look lovely! I hope you take photos of it. what a lovely memory of your mom's vanity. My mom didn't have a vanity but she did have a huge make-up mirror with lights. I bought her a travel one a number of years back when she was doing a lot of traveling, but she doesn't travel much anymore and gave it back to me last time I was home, so I use it now and am grateful for it! Hope your day is a lovely one! xoxo

      Delete
  4. I love your Corner of The Kingdom photo. Your daybook is always fun. I especially liked how to organize your fridge. I really need to do that one. Oh, a makeup table would be wonderful. I always enjoy your dreaming part.
    Yes, I love Pizza. I haven’t had some for a while and now I want some for sure.
    I liked the movie Mamma Mia a lot. I loved the music.
    Then there is that adorable cat photo. I miss our Willie but am so grateful for our Sammy.
    The book looks like an interesting one. I hope you can’t put it down.
    Blessings, love and hugs being sent your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LeAnn! I need to clean out my fridge and organise it in preparation for Christmas! Love and hugs to you, Roger and the family! oxoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!