Thursday 22 November 2018

My Favourite things . . .


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 

A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitty pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥     
 
 
Shortbread biscuits and they don't even have to be homemade, although to be sure homemade is infinitely better.  I just love shortbread! 
 
 
  
 
Old black & white films, especially the musicals.  I never tire of them.  One of the things I really used to love was when I was married before and we visited my mother  in law.  She loved old black and white films also and she would tape them so that when I visited we could sit and watch them together.  Of all my ex-in laws I miss her the most. We were very much alike in a lot of ways and had a lot of the same interests.  We got along really well.  I loved and love her.  She must be getting close to 90 years of age now! 
 
 

The Holiday Season beginning with Thanksgiving.  I love, love, LOVE the holidays.  I love everything about them.  I love the foods and the traditions.  I love the decorations.  I love EVERYTHING about them!  When my children were growing up I did my best to make every holiday season filled with joy and wonder for them. The last holiday I ever had with my family was Thanksgiving 1999. I wish I had known then it would be the last one.  Alas, I did not, but that's okay because I treasure it in my heart and every year I take it out and love it all over again! Some people never even have one.  I had many, many brilliant holidays, and I still do, as different as they might be.




Snowmen.  I love snowmen. I love making them. I love looking at them.  I just adore snowmen in any way, shape or form. 


  


Greengate China.  I love the stuff.  I have a few pieces.  If I won the lottery every bit of dinnerware, bakeware, glassware, table linens etc. would be Greengate. Seriously.  




China Tea Sets, with the cup, saucer and sandwich/dainty plate.  I love them. I have two sets. 


  

I especially love these types where the saucer is the sandwich/dainty plate.  I have none of these types. 



White ceramic milk jugs.  They come in handy for all sorts. 


  


Brooches.  I love brooches. 



Enamel Ware  . . . 


  

Linen Tea Towels  . . .  



Old trunks  . . .  the stories they could tell.  




Salted, roasted Pistachio nuts  . . . 


  

Twinkle lights  . . . . 


Luke and Lorelai . . .  Lorelai and Luke  . . . 

  

Ceramic spoons  . . .  



Embroidered knitware  . . .  


This little one . . .  except that she isn't a thing . . .  she is just a favourite.


  

The first snowfall of the year  . . .  I can smell it.  Its extra ozone in the air  . . . I miss that. 

And those are my favourite things for this week. What are some of yours??



Happy Thanksgiving to all my American family and friends! 

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
The only impossible journey is
the one not taken  . . . •。★★ 。* 。
 
Flaky Butter Biscuits 

Baking in The English Kitchen today  . . .  Flaky Butter Biscuits.  YUM!

Have a great Thursday.  Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 

And I do too! 



 

8 comments:

  1. If you lived here you would have tea cups w/ plates..for some reason they are a plenty of Varage sale..and very reasonably priced..mine have been with us for yrs..lots of cute things..Grace the cutest..Love Greengate..we don't have that here..
    Have a beautiful day..
    I hope one day you get to be en famille again:)♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day perhaps Monique! Oh, I wish they had Varage sales here. Sellers here are very aware of the value of antiquities and they charge over and above for anything like that. They do have car boot sales, but they are always on Sundays and I can never get to them. I have been watching a program on Netflix called Consumed. What an eye opener on the burden of consumerism and having too much stuff! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I'm with you, this season is definitely my favorite time of year. I love everything about it too. Happy Thanksgiving Day to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think most of us remember past holidays...and I am sure your children remember that one, whether they ever tell you or not. But at least no one can take away our lovely memories!! Keep hope Marie...last night my 2 daughters and I stayed up talking about many things, especially the difficult times we have had in recent times and for one still are...among other things. We were up till nearly 2 AM...I think that may be the first time ever that has happened with just us 3...and they are 40 and 35 and I am 66. Long time coming. Of course, the other half of our little family are in NC...but we 6 are so enjoying this beautiful waterside spot for these few days and hours. It is all we can do...take pleasure as we can where we can!! Hugs to you dear...hoping you are having good times too. That little baby is so cute...what a sweetie and you get to see her often!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love and hugs Elizabeth and Happy Thanksgiving wishes! xoxo

      Delete
  4. I loved reading your favorite things. Let's see, I love chocolate. However, I do love German Chocolate cake the most. I haven't been eating much lately because I'm trying not too. I'm addicted.
    I love old movies too. I actually enjoy them more than the modern day ones. The black and white were so good and especially the musicals. I was raised on cowboy movies; so I am a cowgirl at heart.
    I love love Christmas and all the traditions. I'm excited to start decorating tomorrow. This year will be fun with having my daughter and family here. I love her children that are ages 8, 11 and 14. They will make Christmas extra special this year. Last year we were in Hawaii with my other daughter and it didn't seem the same as being home for Christmas. I love snowmen too. My youngest daughter sent me a Nurse Snow woman for my birthday; it si so adorable. I'll post a photo at some point.
    I know I have mentioned how much I love tea cups too and have several old ones from my Grandmother and Mom; who collected them.
    I like ceramic and enamel ware too.
    I love old trunks too. My parents had one that my Mom promised I could have and then my brother grabbed
    it. Oh well, I'm not mad. Now my brother is gone, I could probably ask his wife for it but I probably won't.
    The sweater is lovely. Of course, that cute baby is adorable.
    We may get some snow soon too. I love it but then again I don't like going out in it.
    Today, has been a lovely Thanksgiving day. We have just had one family her; so it has been quieter than usual.
    Hope you have had a sweet day too.
    Blessings and hugs for you two and that cute Mitzie too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having family, even if its only one is still a great blessing LeAnn! Love, hugs and blessings for all of you as well. xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!