Thursday 8 November 2018

My Favourite Things . . .


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 
A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitty pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥    


Jam, and my favourite kind next to homemade is Bonne Maman.  And that is not just because of the jars, its also because of the quality, with the perfect ration of fruit to sauce/gel in it.  I bought myself a Bonne Maman Advent Calendar recently because there are a lot of jams to try in it that I have never seen here in the UK that I would like to try.  I don't know why we don't have these flavours here.  We are so close to France that you would think we would have all the flavours, but alas we don't.  For instance I have never seen Bonne Maman Lemon Curd here, or the Quince Jam.  




Antique Head Vases.  Oh, if I won the lottery and we could afford to buy our own home, I would have a lovely big bedroom with a dressing table in it and I would have an antique head vase on it to hold Q-tips or something. (I only buy the ones with the paper stems.) 


  

Attic Bedrooms.  Beneath the Eaves . . .  with lots of charm. My house would also have a couple of those, or at least one anyways.  It would be a very charming guest room don't you think?



Cows. They are lovely animals.  So sweet and docile for the most part. When I first moved over here we lived in a maisonette apartment that backed onto a farmer's field that had cows in it.  It was really nice to hear their moos and the tinkling of their bells. Occasionally they would get out of the field and be walking in the back garden which was not so nice, but thankfully it didn't happen very often.


  

Sink skirts . . .  I think they make a bathroom look so cosy, and they can hide a multitude of sins. 



Pin Cushions and I love making them using old tea cups and sugar dishes, etc.  I have a great love for pin cushions. 


  

3D Rolling Pins.  I could never afford to buy one, but that doesn't stop me from admiring them.  I especially love the Christmas ones.  So very pretty.  I like pretty things.  



Glitter and lace  . . .  again, I like pretty things . . .  this is a beautiful dress . . .   



Chenille bead spreads . . . and bathrobes.  Todd bought me a chenille bathrobe for Christmas the first year we were married.  It was white. I never wore it because I felt like a beached whale in it and I probably looked like one as well.  White makes you look fatter.   It was pretty though and he was very thoughtful to get it. 



 
 Children's Books, especially the Little Golden Books.  When my children were growing up they had lots of books.  I was always buying them.  They each had their favourites.  My oldest son loved this compendium he had of the Dr. Suess books. My oldest daughter loved any book. Our Amanda loved the Little Grey Rabbit Books.  Doug loved this book about a teddy bears picnic, and Bruce loved a little monster book called Me and My Dad.  My father used to read to me when I was small.  He would put on voices for all the characters and everything.  I can still hear him reading one of my favourite stories about Jerry Mouse in my head.  What a wonderful legacy, this love of reading is.  I passed it on to my children  and read to them every night.  I was kind of sad when they got to the age that they didn't want me reading to them anymore.  


 

Costco Two Bite Cinnamon Rolls.  they remind me of my mom's.  I don't dare buy them because if I do I can't leave them alone and I shouldn't be eating things like this. 



Pumpkin Pie. Oddly enough I did not like it when I was a child, but as an adult I have come to love it. 

  


Little yellow ducks.  I love them.  So cute and fluffy and yellow  . . . 



Old Button Cards  . . . and old buttons! 


I just love haberdashery full stop.  I love ribbons and bits of lace, buttons, threads, etc.  I used to love looking through my mother's sewing box. 

  

Floral Curtains.   Have you seen Susan Branch's new curtains she had made for her home.  Just beautiful. Simply beautiful . . . 



Baby's layettes, especially vintage looking ones  . . . 


  

Smocked and embroidered dresses for little girls.  I bought several for my grand daughter.  Really pretty ones.  Sadly I never got to see her in any of the dresses I bought for her through the years.  I don't even know if she ever wore any of them.  Nevermind, I bought them for her and that's what counts. 

  


Vintage Santa Claus's.  I love them  . . . 


  

Old handwritten letters.  I have every letter my mother ever wrote to me.  I cherish them.

And those are my favourite things for this week. What are some of yours?

A thought to carry with you   . . .

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
You are the only you
that will ever be.
You're kind of a big deal.
~Jen Sincero •。★★ 。* 。 


Chicken Stuffed Rolls 

In the English Kitchen today  . . .  Chicken Stuffed Rolls.  A hot sandwich that is nom, nom, nom! 


Have a great Thursday.  Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 

And I do too! 


 




14 comments:

  1. Hi Marie, lovely favourites today. Strangely I only ever have jam with a cream tea, you'd think I'd have it more often as I've got the worlds worst sweet tooth!

    Loving everything pretty and girly!

    We're off to Southport on the train today to do some Christmas shopping. I want it all done and wrapped in the next couple of weeks so I can just enjoy December and all that entails, I hate rushing round last minute!

    Enjoy your Thursday, lot's of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a great day Kate! I have never been to Southport! You are very well organized! Love and hugs! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Lots to enjoy here, but oh I loved those curtains with the crocheted top!! Last place we lived had those slanted ceilings due to being the top floor of an old house. Let me tell you, we had to learn HOW to get out of bed etc...we bonked ourselves a few times...but you learn and it is then fine...still a bit odd to stretch and touch the ceiling though. Working on food plans for Thanksgiving soon here...
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine it might be a bit tricky! lol Love and hugs! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I also bought the BM calendar..Merry Christmas to moi:) Lots of cute things.I love those vase heads too and everything else..Haven't tried the cinnamon rolls:)Marie I ordered that roller on Amazon ..I will let you know if the quality is as good as the others..if it is I will be happily surprised at it was $9.00..could not believe it;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked for them on Amazon, but they still wanted about £15 for it and couldn't guarantee that I would have it before Christmas. No reviews on it either so I was not sure if it was worth it, how it would perform, etc. I will be interested in hearing how you make out with yours. I like the cinnamon rolls as they are more like my mom's that are made with biscuit dough not bread dough. I am not overly fond of bread dough cinnamon rolls. My mom spoilt me for that! lol xoxo

      Delete
    2. PS When my calender arrived I could hear something rattling and was worried one of the jam jars was broken, but it was something else inside that was broken. Not worth sending it back and I won't tell you so I don't spoil it for you! ;-)

      Delete
  4. Oh my, I have always loved pumpkin pies and this year I bought a pie pumpkin to cook up and may my own from scratch. We'll see how it turns out come Thanksgiving. Now I'm off to check out your recipe for stuffed chicken rolls. Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy thursday Pam! I need to find some Pumpkin before I can make my pumpkin pie this year! xoxo

      Delete
    2. If all else fails, Marie and no pumpkin to be found, you can always make a tasty pie using carrots instead...my mother-in-law often did that for fun...most people cannot tell...with all the rest of the flavorings etc that go in it.
      Elizabeth xoxo

      Delete
    3. I found some Elizabeth! Yay! xoxo

      Delete
    4. YAY!!! happy too!! xoxo
      Elizabeth

      Delete
  5. I have lots of letters and cards from my Mom and I can’t throw them away. I love to look at her handwriting.
    Cinnamon rolls from costco are so yummy! I don’t dare buy them because I would eat too many.
    I don’t think I have ever seen a vase head before; very unique.
    I love the bedroom, the vintage items and especially the baby clothes.
    I would love the 3D rolling pin. I haven’t seen any of those either.
    You had some super fun things to look at on this one.
    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LeAnn! I cherish my mom's letters. Although she is still with us, conversation is difficult and its mostly me talking. When I read her letters I can hear her voice and I can feel her with me. Love and hugs to you! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!