Friday 2 November 2018

My Friday Finds . . .


 

A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become . . . Maybe they will do the same for you!  


Look at what I found in our living room last night.  Grace came to spend a few hours with us and Ariana did too.  We had so much fun.  It was just what I needed and I know Ariana was glad of the company and extra laps and arms also.  I think she is getting a bit bored at home.  I told her, never fear, we are always here! 



The Educators Spin on  it.  100 Christmas Books every child should read.  I adore children's books!  



5 Little Monsters.  Hogwart's House Scarves Crochet Blanket.  



Ravelry.  A Hogwarts Infinity Scarf.  



Martha Stewart. Wouldn't these make a great Christmas gift for a cook!   



I really love this waffle weave dish cloth on Ravelry, by Debbie Andrielli.  Love the colours.  



The Purl Bee. Soft Cotton Dish Towels.  


No source, just a notebook covered with wall paper.  So pretty  . . .  


  

Once again  . . .  inspiration only  . . .  but so very pretty.  



Rebecca Homick on Ravelry. Not free but not expensive.   



Mollie Makes.  Easy crochet wooden hanger cover.   



  

Oregon Patchworks.  Shaggy Maggie Embroidery Patterns. Days of the week and more.  Love these.


A little red stool.  Eye candy only.  I love this. 

  

How to clean a Porcelain Sink.  Lemons, Lavender and Laundry.  


Little Window. Tiny Reindeer Hat.  


12 Tomatoes. Turkey & Stuffing Meatloaf. I am intrigued.  


Clean Mama.  How to keep your towels soft.  


Amanda Berry. Woodland Tales Animal Mobile. Free pattern.   Cute!!


Tater Tots and Jello.  Five ways to get your home holiday guest ready!  

And those are my finds for this week.  I hope you liked them!  

I woke up this morning with this thought in my head and I thought I would share it with you.  I don't know where it came from, only that it was running through my mind over and over  again, so today's thought to carry with you is  . . .

 
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
There is much more good
in the world than only that
which we can see with our eyes.
~Unknown  •。★★ 。* 。 


Oven Braised Potatoes 

In The Kitchen today  . . .  Oven Braised Potatoes.  Simple and delicious.


Have a great Friday.  Don't forget along the way of your day! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!



12 comments:

  1. Hi, Marie! Sweet with the visit from Ariana and Grace--what a CUTIE-PIE she is! :) And more sweet--all those Christmas books. Goodness, Christmas is just around the corner! Oooo... I'm thinking I MUST make that Hogwart's Houses blanket! We LOVE Harry Potter. I wasn't going to make another blanket for a while--we have plenty--but might need to make an excpetion for this! That Hogwart's infinity scarf is fun too! Lovely all the knitted cloths ideas. Those red & white ones are really pretty, they have an old-fashioned charm about them. The crochet-cover hangers are so pretty! I should try that sometime! The knitted woodland creatures are too CUTE! That turkey and stuffing meatloaf I want to try for Thanksgiving soon, since it'll be just us two--nice idea. I like your simple braised potatoes, too... think we'll try those this weekend! Wishing you all a happy weekend there, my fried... LOVE YOU BOTH SO MUCH!! :) ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy! I am doing Thanksgiving this year for us to honor one of my ancestors who came on the Mayflower and am looking forward to it. I will make two tv dinners from it to enjoy on Christmas day I think. I hope you enjoy the potatoes! Love and hugs to you, TJ and Luna! Love you LOADS! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Both lovelies :) Oh they change so quickly!
    Love all your finds Marie..thanks as always for finding..sharing..and touting them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Monique. Ariana and her wee family have been a real blessing to us! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I love your quote for today! We need to remember this when there are so many terrible things going on. Hope you have a fantastic Friday !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! It is so easy to dwell on the negative, but I believe that there is ever so much more good and we just don't hear about it. It gets drowned out in negativity! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hi Marie~

    I love that embroidery is making a comeback...it's such a relaxing hobby. I've seen several really adorable patterns, and would like to try them!

    So many cute things to look at today! I love that little red stool, just reminds me of my childhood. I don't think it would bee too hard to make one. Turkey and stuffing meatloaf...not sure about that one, but like you, I'm intrigued. I love turkey and stuffing, and have made my share of casseroles combining them. I guess the meatloaf wouldn't bee too different!

    The nights are getting shorter here, and on Saturday, we turn back the clocks. I will need some kind of needle work to keep me busy during those long cold evenings. You sure find some cute ideas!

    Off to clean! Love you tons!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love doing needlework in the winter also Barb! I have a lovely little stool that my son made in highschool shop and I tole-painted. It is one of my treasures. Love you Loads too! xoxo

      Delete
  5. I really enjoyed your finds as always. Lots of links to check out. I know that you enjoy those precious moments with your sweet friend and precious baby. Such a lovely photo of them.
    I like the crocheted items as always. When will I get to try to do some of these things??
    The Turkey meatloaf sounds yummy. I must try that one.
    I love that adorable Tiny Reindeer hat. The notebook was lovely too.
    Thanks for all you do in finding fun items to look at, work or our dream about.
    Blessings and hugs for you two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you LeAnn! I truly hope one day we can meet in person. That is on my bucket list! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Those potatoes look awesome...gonna have to try them! And isn't that baby growing well though...and how wonderful you are closeby!! What a gift!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ariana and her sweet family have been a real gift to us for sure Elizabeth! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!