Saturday 17 November 2018

On hope and faith . . .





When we lived down South . . . our home was surrounded by Apple and Pear Orchards on three sides . . . and the remainder of the  Manor Estate on the fourth.  It was a very secluded existence . . . and a beautiful environment, where the seasons were played out around us . . . wonderfully spoken through the voice of the orchard. It is easy to feel God's presence when you are surrounded by such beauty.

I am sitting here this morning in front of my computer screen and I have no words to share . . . I have about a million thoughts running through my head, but none of them are connecting in any meaningful way.  I was really saddened last night, because of the pain of a friend.  Why do bad things happen to seemingly very good people?  Why are there some people on this planet that seem to glide through life without having to suffer any adversity . . . and yet others seem to be given far more troubles than anyone would think it could be possible to bear?  Where is God when bad things happen . . . 


I can speak in platitudes and tell my friend that God is always there for her. I can pray for her, and I am. But I can’t really show her God’s face and help her to feel His presence, and that, as a friend, is hard. It’s hard to see someone you love and care about going through such troubles, and sometimes, even I have to wonder why. I can only say that, this too shall pass, and there is always light at the end of the tunnel. We don’t always understand why life knocks some of us really hard, and yet seemingly leaves others untouched. It doesn’t always seem fair, and at times, it seems that those with great faith get knocked even harder.



The scriptures tell us that when we "cry out" to God . . . He delivers us from our "distresses."  We cannot know how . . . we cannot know when . . .  all we can do is to trust . . . and have faith in the knowledge that He will right all the wrongs, in His time . . . and in His own way.  Waiting for deliverance is the hard part . . . we cannot control all the badness in life,  or the pain . . . the only thing we can control is what we do with it and how we cope with it . . . and hope that better days are ahead.


Hope is like a glorious light at the end of a very dark tunnel . . . . a multifaceted, brilliant dimension of this life we are given.  It is a jewel which is unearthed in the dark mines of despair, funeral parlors, hospital wards, rehab centers, homeless shelters, prison cells, and abuse centers. Hope is the jewel which is mined at the end of bended knees, and it matters not if you are a prince or . . . a pauper, the cost is the same for all.  Faith.



Faith in brighter tomorrows, righted wrongs, possible impossibilities . . . miracles. Hope  . . .

I have no other words . . .


A thought to carry with you . . .

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
“When life is hard, remember . . . 
we are not the first to ask, 
'Is there no other way?” 
~Jeffrey R Holland   •。★★ 。* 。
 

Spring always follows winter . . .  

Spiced Pumpkin Waffles 

In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Spiced Pumpkin Waffles, served with warm maple syrup and some applesauce.  The perfect holiday breakfast.  And you can make them ahead and freeze.  Bonus!

I hope you have a great Saturday.  I am going to be putting the finishing touches on my lesson for tomorrow.  I may, or may not be on tomorrow, it depends on how well I get on today.  If I don't show up here, don't worry. All is well!  Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!




14 comments:

  1. Hi Marie, I'm so so sorry for your friend and will pray that things will improve. I know when you're in this position you can't understand why awful things can happen, but I firmly believe that one day we will find out the reason and say 'Of course' and all will be made clear. It's all about keeping faith, which at times can be extremely difficult. I'll keep you in my prayers too, it's hard to find the strength sometimes to try and help ease the pain.

    We're off to London today, back Monday. Hoping Christian is speaking to us this time. We went down a couple of weeks after coming back from Canada and he wouldn't speak to us!

    Thinking of you all and sending lot's of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, I hope he will speak to you now! And if he doesn't, that it doesn't spoil your visit! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. Have a great day..you are a good friend to her:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too Monique. I am wondering if you got much snow? I hope not too much. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Yes, sometimes all we can do is pray. But that is no little thing at all. Life is unfair, no doubt about it, but our faith and hope carries through even the meanest of things. I too will say a prayer for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that the best thing you can do for someone is to pray for them Pam! Thank you! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Oh my sweet friend, I do hope your friend has a prayed for, hoped for miralce.
    Your thoughts ring true and there area they whys. However, I have found that having hope and trust in the Lord is the way to get through it all. I love Proverbs: 3:5-6.
    We are ceratinly here to experience oppostion and then see how we handle it all with our agency. I have found that those we think aren’t touch by adverity really are will be for sure. No one passes through this life with out the very hard at sometime.
    Loving thoughts and hugs for your thoughtful post today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very true LeAnn! Some people are just better at hiding their trials! Love and hugs to you! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Hi Marie~

    I'm so sorry. It's so hard to watch other suffer and have hard, terrible things happen in their lives, and not be able to do anything. I will keep them in my prayers, I may not know who they are, but God does. I have often asked the very same question, about bad things happening to good people. I guess it really does all boil down to faith. Faith that Heavenly Father is aware of us, in all of our sadness and sorrow, and will help us...He is but a prayer away.

    I loved your quotes! Faith, hope and love, three of the hardest things that we can sometimes have. But, the most powerful!

    Stay strong, sweet friend, Gentle hugs and love to you.

    Much Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love and hugs to you also Barb. (((((hugs)))) Love you. xoxo

      Delete
  6. Life is hard...and it is not easy to comfort others...but I am sure your friend appreciates whatever you are doing!! I am so very very glad we have another life coming...sometimes this one is the pits!!
    Elizabeth xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, the one to come is going to be the best! Looking forward to it, but not in a hurry to get there Elizabeth! xoxo

      Delete
    2. Well, I am not in a hurry either...yet, in dark days that DAY shines bright!! I was remembering after reading about your friend, that during one of the darkest days of my life (brother killed by drunk driver and dad was injured and not expected to live either) those friends who simply listened...and sat with us...and maybe brought some food...those are the ones I remember most!! It is amazing sometimes what makes a difference. One friend brought some homemade rolls to our family during those days...never will forget. A friend I took in food to during a loss, along with those homemade angel rolls and other food never forgot...so if you can cook a bit for your friend...that may be all she needs to keep going!!
      blessings, Elizabeth xoxo

      Delete
    3. There is a lot of love that goes into food and the preparation of it. Love you! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!