Sunday 14 October 2018

Today . . .

 
A group of butterflies is called a kelidascope. Each butterfly in a kelidascope is unique and different, yet these seemingly fragile creatures have been designed by a loving Creator, with the ability to survive, travel, multiply, and desiminate life; as they go from one flower to the next spreading pollen. Although each butterfly is different, they work together to make the world a more beautiful and fruitful place. - Sister Reyna I. Aburto 
 
I don't have a lot of time to write this morning as I am going to be going back over my lesson plan for this morning as I am teaching in Relief Society. (The Women's Auxiliary at our church)  The third meeting each Sunday (From 12 until 1) we meet together as sisters and the men meet together as priesthood, where we each have the opporunity to be taught, to teach and to share with one another.  My lesson this morning is based on a talk which was given by Sister Reyna I Arturto in the April 2018 General Conference, entitled With One Accord
 
 
I've made a little poster to stick on the white board at the front of the classroom with a bunch of punched out butterflies on it and I've punched out enough butterflies so that each Sister can have one. (I hope!)  The theme of the lesson is how we can as Daughter's of God work together, using our own individual talents and strengths to fulfill each of our  destinys, as well as reaching out to others and strengthening them wherever needed. 
 
 
I hope it goes well.  Fingers crossed!
 
Blue Ribbon Gingerbread 
 
In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Blue Ribbon Gingerbread.  Yummy!  
 
Have a wonderful Sunday.  I think the wind has died down here and its stopped raining! ♥

Don't forget along the way of your day . . . 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!


8 comments:

  1. We are still having rainy, drizzly weather. I took mum to a craft show. I kept myself under control by writing a list and then buying nothing on the list. I bought Pip some lovely metal straws, a pattern and card kit. I also won a weird punch, some strange cardstock and some plastic flowers! Mum bought a small mountain of books for $5.

    God bless and I do so hope the sisters enjoy their lesson with you. This is one of the things I admire about your church.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that’s impressive Suzan! Congrats on the win! I love my church, needless to say. It’s perfect for me. Xoxo

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Monique! All done and dusted now! xoxo

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you've got your lesson well in hand and should do a great job of it today. Hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Pam! I think it went ok! Happy Sunday to you! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hi Marie~

    I so wish I could be taught and counseled by you in a RS class!! I love the subject, and that talk was one of my favorite! I just know your lesson went well, and that everyone loved the butterfly. What a great little reminder to remember that we are all so very different, yet so very much the same!

    Gingerbread is one of my favorite cakes, I can't wait to try your recipe!!

    Love you!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how I wish you could have been there as well Barb! I think it went okay! It is always a balance of asking profound and thought/conversation provoking questions and having Sisters who are eager to converse! Xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!