Tuesday 16 October 2018

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .


 

FOR TODAY, October 16, 2018

Outside my window ...
Its black, black, black.  Night.  I will get to watch the sun rise this morning.  Love that. Yesterday I heard the geese overhead on their journey South for the Winter.  That's an Autumn sound if I ever heard one.

I am thinking ...
About all of the natural disasters in the world.  They seem to be escalating and getting worse.  Or is that just me?

In the kitchen ...

Root Vegetable Soup 

Root Vegetable Soup.  This was so, so, so good!

On my "To Cook" list ...

Real Life Dinner.  Lunch Lady Cafeteria Rolls.  These look really good! 

Good to know ...


Taming Twins. I wonder  . . .  and she has a video.

I am creating ...


Eye candy only but I love the idea of doing a tiny monthly embroidery.  You could probably do it in a night. 

  

Belinda Lewis.  A patchwork crochet blanket.  Free pattern. Like the idea of each square being different. 


Knitting Cottage.  I love this pretty scarf.  


Love to Sew.  Free pattern for Nesting Bins.  


The Real Thing with the Coake Family.  Reversible Place Mats.  

Oh My Goodness ... 


Bellona Coconut.  Picked up a pack of these at Lidl at the weekend.  MOREISH!  (For Todd)

I am reading ...

 

 
Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine, by Gail Honeyman 
 Eleanor Oliphant has learned how to survive – but not how to live Eleanor Oliphant leads a simple life. She wears the same clothes to work every day, eats the same meal deal for lunch every day and buys the same two bottles of vodka to drink every weekend. Eleanor Oliphant is happy. Nothing is missing from her carefully timetabled life. Except, sometimes, everything.

One simple act of kindness is about to shatter the walls Eleanor has built around herself. Now she must learn how to navigate the world that everyone else seems to take for granted – while searching for the courage to face the dark corners she’s avoided all her life. Change can be good. Change can be bad. But surely any change is better than… fine?

I am really enjoying this!  I find myself looking forward to getting stuck into it each evening.

Looking forward to ...
Stake Conference this weekend at church.

Dreaming About ... 


Loving the mix of paint colours . . . 

  

Window shutters to shut out the world at night  . . . 


A writing nook beneath the stairs  . . . 

  

Wood fire  . . . 



Light and airy   . . . 

Something to watch ... 

  

Aside from the constant use of the "F" word,  (the world we live in now I guess.)  this is really, really entertaining.  The interaction between Jack and his father is really funny at times, along with his father's reactions to where they are, as well as the fascinating locales make for a really great show.

Makes me smile ...
  

And baby makes three  . . .  so pleased for them! 

A quote for the day ... 
 (¯`v´¯)
  `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
              ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.. 
Don't judge yourself✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
by what others did to you.✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
~C. Kennedy ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
 ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..

Corners of my kingdom ... 

  

Cranbrook in Kent.  One of my favourite Kentish towns.  We sometimes went at the weekend.  It was completely charming.

And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 



Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   

10 comments:

  1. Good morning Marie. Today was my day to look after Miss Mia. She wasn't her usual sunny self today and had three naps. I hope she is better to morrow.

    Poor Beth is experiencing an escalation of problems at school. Why should teachers be so disrespected? It sucks to borrow the expression.

    God bless your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a blessing for you Suzan. Sorry for what Beth is going through. Young people can be so very disrespectful today. I wouldn't be a teacher for anything! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Morning, Marie! I'm with you on thinking and pondering about the world... just so many natural (and man-made!) disaters breaking the heart... :( Your soup looks sooo good--perfect for now, and soothing to the spirit too. One of those rolls to go with, I think... LOVE the idea of a little monthly/seasonal embroidery! And that blue shawl is lovely... And so many lovely interior ideas at the end here... Saw in the news yesterday about Prince Harry and Meghan and new little Royal on the way--sooo lovely-happy! :))) Happy week, my friend... LOVE YOU's HEAPS!! ((BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tracy. Love you heaps also. Love and hugs to you all! xoxo

      Delete
  3. PS- Could you all please keep my mom in your prayers. She was taken to Hospital this morning with shoulder pain that has been going on for 2 days and my sister has been unable to manage it Will keep you posted, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :( Re maman:(


    I oredered a mini embroidery kit very simialr:) And a big ol tea cozy back and front embroidery kit..and I still have my blanket wool..Doubt I will have one moment of boredom this winter;)

    I will look into that show..
    Yay on Eleanor..
    I will wait until I finish the one I am reading to say yay or nay so far it's yay..but when I go the the end of my half last yay it was a big fat nay:)
    Rolls are always a good idea..Not a bullet journaler......Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique. I am in tears wondering and hoping all will be well. Where did you order the embroidery kits from? I am really enjoying Eleanor. Its being made into a film as well, with Reese Witherspoon I think. xoxo

      Delete
  5. The picture of the embroidery reminded me that I have lots of little Christmas kits that need to be done. They've been around for several years and time I got to them. I'm going to have to work on better lighting so I can work on them in the evenings here while watching tv. It is definitely soup weather here and although I don't have ingredients for that root vegetable soup, I need to put something in the slow cooker today Hope you have a terrific Tuesday !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a lot of joy to be had while working with your hands while you’re watching telly Pam! Hope your Tuesday is blessed. Xoxo

      Delete
  6. Thanks for all your prayers. Mom is back home and resting. They have given her stronger pain medication. ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!