Wednesday 10 October 2018

Creating . . .




The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. 
No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, 
we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before. 
~Dieter F Uchtdorf 

For as long as I can remember I have had a pencil, or a crayon, or a paint brush, needles and thread, hooks or needles and wool,  or a wooden spoon in my hands.  I have always been a deeply creative person and nothing excites me more than a blank page waiting for me to fill it with my words, or a picture, or to fill the air with music and song.  

I have a deep appreciation for the arts, be it music or actual art and as I look around me here in my little home this morning I can see that everything which surrounds me was once only another's vision . . .  from the carpets to the wallpaper to the book, the furniture, the dishes, the ornaments, etc.  All had their beginnings as an idea and thought in someone's mind, someone with enough vision and talent to be able to bring their thoughts and ideas into fruition. 

I love all of the creative arts and I greatly amire the talents of others.  I thought it would be fun this morning to share a few of the artists that I truly admire. They are a true inspiration to me. 


Since the 1980's when I discovered her in Country Living Magazine, Susan Branch has been delighting and inspiring me. It all began with the illustrated recipes that she would have published in the magazine every month . . . 

  

I loved Country Living magazine and Susan's illustrated recipes each month became a real highlight of the magazine for me. 


When her first book came out I had to have it, and I have been buying her books ever since.  I think it was only a few years ago I discovered that she had a website, and I have been visiting that regularly ever since as she updates her blog, and often go and read past posts.  She is a kindred spirit, and I admire her greatly.  I buy her calendars every year, in every size.  I believe that she is a really nice person and a genuine one.  She is probably my number one inspiration when it comes to the arts, both in painting and in writing.  I like it when nice people win. 

  

Another artist I have greatly admired and followed through the years is Mary Englebreit.  I used to buy one of her calendars every year.  She has also been an inspiration to me.  I have long admired her ability to grow her little drawings into  financial empire through hard work and determination, much the same as Susan. 


Her fabrics, calendars, books, cards, etc. have all been inspiration to me through the years and I have always loved her work.  It makes you smile.  I went off her a few years ago when I saw a side of her that I didn't like very much, but I am slowly warming back to her again and am trying to separate  who she is as an artist from who she is as a person.  It is hard though because I tend to mix the two together in my heart. I still love her work however. 


I also love the Art of Sam Cannon.  She is a single mum and artist from Dorset.  She's quite successful and designs cards, jewelry, etc.  I love her work however.  Its different and its quirky and its unique.  I think that is a wonderful thing about good artists.  You can pick their work out and immediately as soon as you see it (much like a good singer) you know who created it.  It is like that with all of these artists I am sharing here today. 

 

Louise Marion.  She is a Canadian artist from Quebec.  I love her work. The bold colours.  Her paintings just make me smile. 


Gary Walton.  He is an Artist from Worcester. I love his style.  It is whimsical and yet at the same time it is much more than that.  Each picture tells a story and makes you want to see . . .  know . . .  more about the worlds that he creates. 

  

David Martiashvili is an Eastern European Artist.  I also love the worlds he creates.  There is so much going on in his paintings.  The textures of the buildings . . .  the people and their stories, even the animals.  Look at the individuality of each residence in this painting for instance.  Someone is hanging their laundry out to dry, another has a good fire doing as evidenced by the smoke from their chimney, etc. 


Karla Gerard. She is an artist from Maine. I love the bold primitive style of her work, the use of colour and pattern.  I love it all. 

  

Danish artist Iwona Lifshes.  Look at the detail in this.  All the windows are glowing.  Its snowing.  The streets are frosty . . . the little girl is posting a letter to Santa, even the dog is happy. Blues and greens with a pop of red.  Her work makes me smile. 


Colourful and whimsical.  I love all of her work. 

  

Eloise Wilkin has been capturing life for me with her brushes since I was a very young child . . . 


George Callaghan . . .  its primitive but look at the depth . . .  I love his work. 

  

Vanessa Bowman  . . . 


 
Lucy Grossmith . . .



Catherine Rayner . . . 


Lowell Herraro . . . 

 

Diane Leonard  . . . 

I could go on and on and on  . . . there is just so much unique talent in the world.  When I look at these and then at what I do myself, I am almost ashamed to call myself an artist.  I am a dabbler at best.  But at the end of the day, artist or dabbler . . .  what makes you happy, makes you happy and dabbling makes me happy!

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Healing comes when we choose 
to walk away from darkness 
and move towards a brighter light.
~Dieter F Uchtdorf  •。★★ 。* 。  



 Indian Spiced Cabbage

In the kitchen today  . . .  Indian Spiced Cabbage.  Simple and delicious!

Have a wonderful Wednesday.  I have my diabetic checkup this afternoon.  I hope all is okay.  Don't forget today  . . . 


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!



10 comments:

  1. Dearest Marie I am sure your appointment will be fine. You have been healing so well.

    Thank you for sharing your muses. The inspiration has been wonderful. I long for the day when I can play and explore more.

    Today has been a good busy. I looked after Mia and as usual I found her delightful. She is very cheeky and a bit naughty. But I love her and am thankful for the time I spend with her. The kids wonder how I get her to sleep longer than they do. I don't have anything on that could disturb her rest and I think a bit of deafness helps as well. This evening we celebrated William's 27th birthday and Pip's 22nd. We have found a pizza restaurant that manages to suit all tastes.

    God bless you today and always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Suzan! What a wonderful day to spend, taking care of Mia! Wonderful also that you can celebrate Will's and Pip's birthdays together with pizza that makes everyone happy! Yay! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I loved seeing your fave artists:) Eloise..from day one..and Susan of course too:)♥Of course!Good luck today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love, LOVE to see your fave artists Monique. I know that you like Susan and Mary, but would love to know who else you love. Thanks! xoxo

      Delete
  3. There truly are so many wonderful artists. We just have to be thankful for all the beauty they preserve in their painting. Each truly unique yet wonderful. I am what a call a would be artist as I do Tole painting, using patterns and designs of others and a painting technique that works for me. Hope all goes well with your doctor appointment and have a wonderful Wednesday !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure your work is beautiful Pam! I used to do Tole Painting and teach it to others. Its not as easy as some people think it is and I think its a beautiful art form! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  4. Love all the artists you picked. I saw the movie Maude (Maude Lewis) and was reminded of some of her works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I saw that film also. I loved it. Her works were magnificent when you saw what she had to work with! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Marie, you are every bit as artistic as those you admire!! You have a style all your own and part of your charm is the sayings or Scripture verses you choose to go with each one!! Never underestimate yourself, girl!! I too enjoy some of those you share above...though at least one woman I do not read as much since she got so wired on politics!! And what often people who only listen to the main sources of news, or never get more involved in the political process, do not realize is that they know so very little of the whole story. Hubby and I, when younger, were very involved in our state politics...I was so disheartened by it all...what we saw, etc. I realize it is a miracle really we are still a country and that forebearing some intervention by GOD I see no solution. Saying that, reading comforting things, praying, good music, etc is far more worth our time frankly. Which is the reason I usually read your blog first or second every morning!! Thank you!!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww thanks so much Elizabeth! That’s the exact problem I had with ME. I was following her on Instagram and after the last election she was being very political and very nasty. I didn’t like it at all. With all the talks I listened to and watched this past few weekends I got a real sense from our leaders that things are hastening and we are going to have to try even harder to stick to the covenant path. What we read, watch, listen to etc. Is becoming more and more important! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!