Tuesday 2 October 2018

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 
FOR TODAY, October 2nd, 2018

Ourside my window...
Its dark, but the sun is coming up. Looks very overcast and cloudy and its been raining and its cold and windy.  Hello Autumn!

I am thinking ...
I am thinking about all the people in the world this  morning who have been displaced due to natural disasters, wars, genocide, famine, etc.  My heart and prayers are very much with them every day. I wish that nobody ever had to go through things like this. Especially the children.

In the kitchen ...
Nutty Honey & Maple Granola 
Nutty Honey & Maple Granola in the kitchen today.  Tried out a new recipe from my standard yesterday, with great results.  Tasty! 
On my "To Cook" list ... 
Eatwell 101, Slow Cooker Pork Belly with  a Honey Balsamic Glaze.  This looks fabulous! 
Good to know ...
 Newspaper.  DIY for removing bathroom mold. 
I am creating ... 
Dinosaur Stew, Halloween Fonts.  
Modern Parents, Messy Kids.  DIY Stand alone ghosts.  
The Painted Hinge.  Crochet Oak Leaves.  These would be great scrap busters.   

Petals to Picots,  free pattern for these little pumpkins.  Cute!  
Crafty Morning.  Bow Tie Noodle Wreaths.  
Oh my goodness  ... 

Tori Avery.  Dark Chocolate Dipped Macaroons.  Todd loves these.  
I am reading ... 
Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine, by Gail Honeyman 
 Eleanor Oliphant has learned how to survive – but not how to live Eleanor Oliphant leads a simple life. She wears the same clothes to work every day, eats the same meal deal for lunch every day and buys the same two bottles of vodka to drink every weekend. Eleanor Oliphant is happy. Nothing is missing from her carefully timetabled life. Except, sometimes, everything.

One simple act of kindness is about to shatter the walls Eleanor has built around herself. Now she must learn how to navigate the world that everyone else seems to take for granted – while searching for the courage to face the dark corners she’s avoided all her life. Change can be good. Change can be bad. But surely any change is better than… fine?

Just started this and am loving it.

Looking Forward to ...
General Conference this weekend.  I love General Conference.  The talks, music and inspiration shared are all really special.  I always feel greatly uplifted.

Dreaming about ... 



A chair and ottoman to stretch out on, with a blanket and a good book . . .  


  

Pretty oil lamps  . . . 


Criss Cross curtains  . . . 

 

Vintage tea cups and lace  . . .


Everything . . .  sigh  . . . 

Something to watch ...

  

With Cary Grant. Eve Marie Saint, James Mason, Martin Landeau . . . this was really good.  We both enjoyed it from beginning to end. 

Makes me smile ...

  

Illustrations by Eloise Wilkin. They take me back to my childhood and all the Little Golden Books I enjoyed.

A Quote for the Day ...

(¯`v´¯)
  `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
              ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..  
You have to be odd
to be number one.
Dr.Seuss( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ. 

I like being different.

Corners of my Kingdom ...


The Chester Eastgate clock, up on the Walls. Built it in 1897  to commemorate the Jubilee celebration of Queen Victoria's reign, it is supposed to be the second most photographed clock in the UK, after Big Ben in London.  I am so priveledged to live in such a beautiful city.

And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 



Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   

9 comments:

  1. Hi, Marie! The prayer list grows longer doesn't it? So much suffering in the world, so many having a hard time... We must pray that LOVE always wins. :) Lots of goodies here today... LOVE that autumn crochet. I've been crocheting some autumn leaves--fun. How CUTE the green noodle wreath!! Your current reading sounds really good... I must add that one to my reading list. Ooo... I remember some of my childhood books were illustrated by Eloise Wilkin--sooo sweet!! How fun the Dr. Seuss quote. :) Wishing you all a great week there! LOVE YOU LOTS!! ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy! I believe ultimately that Love WILL win. It just a matter of time. In the meantime we need to stay strong and pray! Hope you also have a lovely week! Love and hugs. Xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hello Marie. I am shocked at some the things that are coming out about te3h latest tsunami disaster.

    So many sweet things to try and do. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it is sounding more and more like the ball really got dropped! I hope the world is quick to step in and help! I know the UK is sending 2 million pounds, which is a drop in the bucket. God bless. Xoxo

      Delete
  3. Marie..I LOVED Eleanor Oliphant..:)
    I am nut surprised you like it.
    The clock tower is gorgeous..what pics are made of:)Rain here..think goodness for some sun yesterday we caught up w/ some of the gardens:)New leaders in QC..seems the world wanted change everwyhere Time will tell:)
    The things that happen..:( and happen and happen..Have to tell you I love that Dr Ford and her stance re Mr K.That's all I am saying.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's to be a rainy day here too but we are not chilly. It's to be warmer this week with almost summer like temps. That picture of your city is beautiful. You do live in a wonderful place. Hope your Tuesday is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! I am sorry, I somehow missed your comment! I hope your Tuesday was a good one too! Oxo

      Delete
  5. Another lovely daybook entry; I always enjoy reading yours.
    Our world really is reeling in wickedness, and disasters. I feel all signs of the time for the Savior to come. I'm praying for that one. However, there is probably more things to come. It's all so sad.
    The weather here is cooling off and predicted rains over the next few days. I hope it is a total good-by to Autumn and Hello winter.
    All the Halloween ideas were fun an autumn ones too.
    I thought the wreath idea was adorable.
    The dessert looks yummy. You do read the most interesting book. I like that you read all sorts of different kinds of books.
    I'm kind of in a rut on that one. Although, I am enjoying the fact I can now read some novels.
    My favorite is your dreamin about. Oh, the pink chair is adorable. I would love one. Then I loved all the vintage ones. The criss cross curtains are awesome. I have seen any of those for years. Of course, I always love the tea cups and the oil lamp is beautiful.
    That movie is one of my favorites; we watched it not too long ago.
    The photo of the little one praying is sweet and the quote brought a smile.
    I always enjoy your corner of the kingdom photo; you do live in a beautiful area.
    Blessings and hugs for you two and Mitzie too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much LeAnn! I had criss cross curtains in one house that we lived, but we had to leave them with the house when we sold it. Made me sad to do that. I like to read all kinds of books. I draw the line at anything filthy or too scary, but I love a good storyline! Blessings and hugs for you, Roger and Sammie! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!