Friday 5 October 2018

My Friday Finds . . .

 
A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become . . . Maybe they will do the same for you!  


I couldn't find a source for this, but when I saw it I thought yes! 


Rescued Paw Designs.  Simple Striped Blanket. Easy.  



Simple Garter Stitch Slippers, by  Hanna Levaniemie on Ravelry. 



Teapot Applique Tea Towels.  Martha Stewart.  When I was younger, before the Internet, I used to gobble up anything Martha Stewart I came across.



Made Every Day.  Make your own Bias Tape.  



Again I could not find the source for this, but I love it. Looks like they have used a mix of ombre yarn, along with pale blue and white, with an ombre border.  Love this. 

  

Martha Stewart, knitted neck scarf.  Love this. 



Kayln Brooke, how to be a better meal planner with the bullet journal.   




Crafty Journal. 6 pockets from 1 sheet of paper.  


October Afternoon.  Pocket Page Mini Album.  Complete Tutorial.  



Sew Can She.  Journling Pen Holder and bookmark.  Free tutorial.  


Made Everyday.  How to sew a pillowcase.  


Wholefully. Hot and Cold Rice Packs.  


A Few Shortcuts.  How to make reusable Swiffer refills.  


Mom 4 Real. Homemade Dish Tabs.  Baking soda, dish soap and citric acid. 



Of Life and Lisa.  Vintage cleaning tips.  


My Paper Art.  Pinwheel Fold Cards. Card within  Card.   



I am a Food Blog.  Mint Snowmen Marshmallows.   



Hoosier Homemade.  Hot Cocoa Kits.  

And those are my finds for this week. I hope you found something you could use here!

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
The words you speak
become the house you live in.
~Hafiz   •。★★ 。* 。 
  

On a side note, my Editor e-mailed me yesterday to let me know they are now doing the layout of my next book.  Pins and needles here!  I can't wait to see it!

Five Spice Chicken Fried Rice 

In the kitchen today  . . .  Five Spice Chicken Fried Rice.  Simple, quick and delicious.

Have a great Friday.  The shower engineer is supposed to come this morning. With any luck I will be able to have a shower tonight the normal way. Its been a long couple of  weeks!  Don't forget along the way of your day! 


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!


8 comments:

  1. It is Friday and reading your blog has meant that I now have 9 tabs to explore. I am always amazed at the things you find. I don't get much time to spend on my computer as my thinks they are a waste of time. She also wants me to get rid of the internet. No way.

    I hope that your shower is fixed soon. It amazed me how different bathrooms could be. One problem here is that it is a long way form the heat pump to the bathroom so water is wasted. Mum likes to collect it for the gardens but my hands are so bad I have dropped a bucket so that task no longer happens.

    Today I went shopping in Kmart and Target. Both are variety stores here. Mum wanted to buy placemats to convert to bags. However there was not one suitable one to be found. I bought some bitty things for Christmas. I find if you don't get in early you miss out completely. It seems mad to be buying now.
    Have a wonderful Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Marie--Happy Friday! Good to catch up with you before the weekend... Sooo exciting about your BOOK!! One step closer... :))) LOVE that collaged image at the top! I've been knitting some new slipper lately so fun to see these patterns and differnet ways to use yarn/color, etc. Those teapot tea towels are lovely. I could see some with teacups on too...That granny square crochet blanket is so pretty--love those the colors are used in this one--most pale, but with some pops of color. Nice idea that journal with the pen holder/bookmark. And LOVE that idea for the homemade dishwasher tablets!! FUN ideas for hot cocoa... we've been drinking cocoa already these chilly days! And your chicken fried rice is a nice warmer for the belly chilly days not too! Hope you get your shower sorted out and enjoying lovely warm showers this weekend... Happy Weekend to you all there... LOVE YOU BOTH SOOO MUCH!! OXOXOXOX--((BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to get a visit from you Tracy! Our weather is very similar to yours I think! Love you all very much also. Bon Weekend! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I love the blanket colors so much! Beautiful.I have yet to start mine..I remember making those snowmen marshmallows..now my boys are too old..In a heartbeat..big boy fotball players.
    We had chicken fried rice last night..

    Yippeee on the book..And can you add pockets:)?:):):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they do pockets Monique. Unfortunately.I wanted a ribbon bookmark for the last one and they didn't do that, so I am stuck with whatever. Oh, boy, I know what you mean about your boys. Its hard to believe that my two older ones will be teens soon. Yikes! How did that happen! xoxo

      Delete
  4. I do make my own homemade swifts for the swifter by using old towels and dish towels. I never throw the old ones out but use them for cleaning. It works! I do hope they get that shower working. You have waited long enough. Hope you have a fantastic Friday !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a fabulous idea Pam! Thank YOU So much for sharing! Happy Friday! xoxo

      Delete
  5. More fun finds, I see. I loved the knitted blanket. I wish I knew how to knit. I tried it years ago. I really liked the crochet blanket and other items. You do find cute stuff.
    My daughter and I could use a meal planning idea. We have divided up the meals for the week which has been nice.
    There were great ideas for mini albums and journaling. I will look into these further.
    We are doing a service project of making pillowcases in our Stake; fun!
    I liked the cleaning hints and the Vintage one. I really need to do a deep clean on my house; I hope before Christmas.
    Blessings and hugs for your hard work on this one!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!