Tuesday 23 October 2018

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 
 
FOR TODAY, October 23, 2018

Outside my window ...
Its cold and dark. No birds singing.  Just silence  . . .  
 
I am thinking ...
Everyone we meet is fighting a battle we know nothing about. Be kinder. Stop judging. Just love.

In the kitchen ...

Broccoli, Cauliflower Cheese & Spinach Pie 
 
 
On my "To Cook" list ... 
 
 
Chocolate Babka from Reform Judaism.  This looks sooooooo good! 
 
Good to know ... 
 
 
From She Tried What.   
 
I am creating ... 
 
 
In The Loop Knitting.  This would make a great gift for the Trekkie in your life!  
 
 
A Plethora of crochet patterns from tea cosies to blankets, coasters, trivets and lace hanky edgings. Sara London Crochet.  
 
 
Olivers Earflaps by Christina Schmidt on Ravelry.  
 
 
Kudzu Shawl, Rachel Henry on Ravelry.  
 
 
Food, Folks & Fun. Free Fonts.  I love fonts.  
 

Oh My Goodness ...

Tip Buzz.  Apple Pie Tacos. I am making some tonight at my RS Demo on Flat Breads.  

I am reading ...

 

Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine, by Gail Honeyman 
 Eleanor Oliphant has learned how to survive – but not how to live Eleanor Oliphant leads a simple life. She wears the same clothes to work every day, eats the same meal deal for lunch every day and buys the same two bottles of vodka to drink every weekend. Eleanor Oliphant is happy. Nothing is missing from her carefully timetabled life. Except, sometimes, everything.

One simple act of kindness is about to shatter the walls Eleanor has built around herself. Now she must learn how to navigate the world that everyone else seems to take for granted – while searching for the courage to face the dark corners she’s avoided all her life. Change can be good. Change can be bad. But surely any change is better than… fine?

I am really enjoying this!  I find myself looking forward to getting stuck into it each evening. I am about 3/4 of the way through now.

Looking Forward To ...
I should be but I am kinda not, looking forward to having a set of Missionaries over for lunch on Friday. One of them has all sorts of allergies so I am in a bit of a conundrum as to what to serve.

Dreaming About ...


White flocked cotton  . . . 

  

Tres chic  . . . 


Love, love, love  . . . 

  

Tres lacy  . . . 



Gathering flowers   . . 


Something to watch ...

  

The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix. Spoooooooooky! 

Makes me smile ...


I really can . . .  its the smell of frozen ozone in the air  . . .

 A quote for the day  ...

 (¯`v´¯)
  `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.    
You may not end up
where you thought you were going,
but you will always end up
where you were meant to be.
~Unknown Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
            
Corners of my kingdom ... 


Chatsworth House, Bakewell, Derbyshire. The setting for  Mr Darcy's house in Pride and Prejudice. Its on my bucket list  . . . 

And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 



Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   

10 comments:

  1. Speaking as an allergy person...I am sure your guest will not want you to trouble yourself overly much...but often for us, the best thing is going quite simple and using as few ingredients as one can...find out what the main things are he has to avoid, then plan from there. It is not too hard today to avoid some kinds of allergies as there is more ready-made things to use too. Often if it is gluten, then one can head towards the Mexican kinds of foods, and if dairy, there is lots of substitutes in our area at least. Often however, I just cook things that do not require much substituting...as nothing beats most of the allergy stuff generally anyway. I hope it goes well...but yes indeed it is HARD!! I am beginning plans for Thanksgiving week when my daughter comes...some of her allergies are more difficult to avoid than my own...told the hubby who eats generally everything that we can just eat however she needs to as it won't kill us for one week!! He agreed.
    Elizabeth XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a IBS Fodmap thingie, so I am just going to roast some chicken and have some vegetables like carrots, potatoes, and turnips, with berries and dairy free yogurt for dessert! Hoping that will be alright! xoxo

      Delete
    2. I am not totally familiar with that issue...but berries can be an irritant to some kinds of gut problems...otherwise sounds very nice and yummy!! Hope it goes well...I am sure it will taste good at any rate!!
      Elizabeth XOXO

      Delete
    3. We have just had to cancel as I can't afford to go out and buy more food this week. Is a shame but I will just have to reschedule them. :-(

      Delete
  2. Hi, Marie! Ooo... Apple Pie Tacos!! Those look dangerously good--YUM! Nice way to use apples. And that chocolate babka looks scrummy... And LOVE that blue lacy shawl! How cute that ear flap hat! So many seasonal and other goodies here today, my friend... :) Wishing you all a HAPPY new week now. LOVE YOU HEAPS!! ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy week Tracy, I love you too. Love and hugs to all the family! Will pop by to see you soon! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I agree those apple pie tacos look wonderful ! Hope you have a terrific Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam, you too! I tried one of the apple pie tacos and YUMMO! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Whatever you serve will be spot on:) Look at the care you are taking before the arrival!Love all the clothes:)
    Disappointed in Ozark this season and Shameless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been at it all day Monique and if its not done now, its not getting done! Those apple pie tacos are YUM! I haven't gotten into either one of those yet (Shameless and Ozark) xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!