Thursday 25 October 2018

My favourite things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 
 
A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitty pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥    This week I am talking about things that are bee related.  I love anything to do with bees! 
 

I am totally in love with this beautiful yarn bowl by Queen Bee Pottery on Instagram.  I totally love the colours. 



I love this bee skip biscuit box.  Look at that little bee closing clasp.  It said biscuit box, but I am not sure.  It also looks like an amulet that you could hang around your neck. It would all depend on the size. No matter I love it anyways.  


  

Knitted Bee socks.  Oh, I do wish I was a better knitter.  I am right in love with these. No source anyways. 


I am deeply in love with these Bee Mittens, by Drunk Girl Designs on Ravelry.  I can't knit on four needles, but if I could I would be whipping these up  pronto  I just adore them.   



No source, but bee sneakers.  They look as if they were stamped which would be pretty easy to do, but maybe not.   Cute! 

  

Beeswax candles.  Again no source, but I bet them smell lovely when they are burning  . . . 



Embroidered Bee bag, again no source.  I love, Love, LOVE this.  But then again would have no occasion to use it, so I can just love from afar. 

  

Little china butter dish with gold trim and a beautiful bee and herb pattern.  Love, love.  



Bee and bee-skip cookie cutters.  Cute! 

  

Honey glazed Bee Hive cake.  From Martha Stewart.  Love the little marzipan bees and the cake shape.  I am betting its really delicious as well. 
  


A Bumble Bee song.  Its really nice too.  I found a copy of it on YouTube sung by Doris Day.  Very pleasant. You can listen to it here.  It will make you smile!  I love it!  



Bumble Bee altered Tin.  No source again.  

  

The "Bee Book" by Ingrid Dijykers.  Love this. Now I want to make one. 



This is colossal. New paper and textile wildlife sculptures by Kate Kato.  I strongly suspect she might be the creator of the box above also. Beautiful work. 


A book by Bee Wilson about honeybees and us. On my bucket list. 


  

Bumble Bee stained glass . . .  love, love, love, love, love . . .  sigh  . . .  



Bumble Bee Lamp Shade.  I am totally in love with this.  Its just gorgeous. 


  

Book cover  . . .  embroidery and cutouts. Han Made Bookbinding.  Sweet. A LOT of work went into this.


Bumble Bee Mary Jane Flats.  LOVE!  These would go great with my support socks, NOT, lol


Bumble Bee collar pin.  I can't look at the site because I am in Europe but it is ModCloth. 



Specks of Glitter and Gold, what a positively breathtakingly beautiful plate  . . . 


  

Bee Skip Christmas Ornament.  Love. Love. Love.



I think this is one of the most beautiful Honey Pots.  All glass, even the spoon  . . . 


  

Golden bee head band.  You would feel like a Queen bee . . . 


Bumble Bee fairy light  . . .  I love their fat little bodies! 

  

Bee and flower Faberge Egg . . . 



Bee flocked sheers  . . .  lovely . . . 


  

Anthropology.  Curtain rods  . . . 


1985 postal stamp. Water colour by Gordon Beningfield. 

And there you have it, some of my favourite bee themed things . . .  

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
the price of anything is
the amount of life you exchange for it.
~Thoreau   •。★★ 。* 。 


Did you see the Hunters moon last night?  It was far too overcast here to see it. 


Angel Biscuits 

In the English Kitchen today  . . .  Angel Biscuits.  An oldie but a goodie.  Baked these yesterday and they were really enjoyed.  So light and flaky.


Have a great Thursday.  Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 

And I do too! 

 
 
PS - I had a great night's sleep last night. I only woke up a couple of times and managed to fall right back to sleep. I was exhausted. So that was great!


14 comments:

  1. I ADORE bees so I loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! I hope you listened to the song, its so cute! oxox

      Delete
  2. I love this post:) I am a bee lover also..Marie I have made that Martha cake and it is good..need to pull out that mold again..Have you seen the charlotte cake mold..Nordic Ware of course..and I just discovered crown muffin tins..don't have one..just saying:)
    I love the shoes and love your joke:)
    I am grateful to have the cookie cutters too and had fun making them..must pull those out again too:)
    Yrs of ..collecting cookie cutters..lolI am OLD.

    All cute..my last 2 Boston Cream pies were awful..will give yours a try for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks so tasty but I don’t have a been pan, maybe would it work in a Bundt pan do you think? I adore all shaped tins! Would like a lamb tin like Susan B’s! I must pull out me cookie cutters also! The BCP was beautiful! I will post the recipe on Saturday! It was a hit with my friends! Xoxo

      Delete
    2. Not sure..I would use your regular tried and trues..as it was great for the pans..but not EXCEPTIONAL.I find w/ certain pans you need the right recipe;)Only for the fact it keeps it's shape;)

      Delete
    3. Ahhh, you are so right Monique! Thanks! xo

      Delete
  3. Sadly, I didn't get to see the moon either. Who knew there were so many things with bees on them. Definitely a cute post. We do have a candle factory not too far away that makes candles with beeswax They are wonderful but sometimes expensive too. I always look for what they have on clearance. They usually have a lot of bee themed products there. I'll have to take pictures next time I go.
    Glad you finally got some sleep and hope the sleepless nights are gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! I love beeswax candles but yes they are expensive! Blessings and hugs to You! Xoxo

      Delete
  4. I LOVE all the bee things! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy! So nice to see you! Hope you are well! Xoxo

      Delete
  5. I see that you really love Bees. I do find bees fancinating on how they run their hives and the things they do. They are important to us all. I hear that they are getting scarce; which is worrisome.
    You did find some great things. I especially loved the China Plate, the shoe, socks, jewlery and etc. Lots of cute bee items.
    Utah is the Beehive Stake. Symbolising how hard the pioneers worked. Raising Bees was a big industry in the earlier days of Utah. There are Bees symbols all over. Here is a link to a great article about it. https://www.saltlakemagazine.com/behind-the-beehive/
    Sending loving thoughts and hugs today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link LeAnn! I know when I was in SLC that one time, I loved the doorknobs on the Temple with the beehive on them. Love and hugs to you today and always, and to Roger and Sammy too! xoxo

      Delete
  6. WOW... what a feast this was, Marie! I love bee things too. Such magical creatures they are. And we love honey and trying different kinds of it. mmm... ;) We didn't see the lovely moon last night, as it was VERY overcast here too, and rainy. Glad you got some good rest, my friend... ((LOVE & HUGS))

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!